Serious LGBT Thread

Clokr

Atom
Nebulae
Honestly I don’t get why folks see the need to care how or where things are done between two folks.

Wanna go at it in the park? Go for it, it’s not my place to know why or why not. You do you, as long as it isn’t illegal or like against the fuckin Geneva convention

Kekkuda

Neutrino
Nebulae
Does anyone know if the Supreme Court ruling overrides the whole denying trans people healthcare thing? I've been trying to find out if that was the case. As someone that lives in a rather conservative region with poor medical facilities to begin with, I've felt very uncertain.

Reactions: List

bubblegum

you should see me in a crown
Nebulae
Does anyone know if the Supreme Court ruling overrides the whole denying trans people healthcare thing? I've been trying to find out if that was the case. As someone that lives in a rather conservative region with poor medical facilities to begin with, I've felt very uncertain.

No, it doesn't, sadly.

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
https://(www).bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53055632

In a 6-3 decision, the Supreme Court said federal law, which prohibits discrimination based on sex, should be understood to include sexual orientation and gender identity.

https://www.lawhelp.org/resource/the-differences-between-federal-state-and-loc
What are Federal laws?

Federal laws are rules that apply throughout the United States. These laws apply in every state, such as:

• Immigration law
  • Bankruptcy law
  • Social Security and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) laws
  • Federal anti-discrimination and civil rights laws that protect against racial, age, gender and disability discrimination
  • Patent and copyright laws
  • Federal criminal laws such as laws against tax fraud and the counterfeiting of money
[doublepost=1592278159][/doublepost]
No, it doesn't, sadly.
maybe not then rip, im not too sure

bubblegum

Nebulae

Unless I'm mistaken, the ruling only protects lgbt people in the workplace.

Trump rolled back rights protecting transgender students, and has been trying to make gender and sex the same thing, which would impact rights to healthcare, homeless shelters, and so on for transgender people, which to my understanding, today's ruling would not have any bearing on.

bubblegum

Nebulae
Wanna go at it in the park? Go for it, it’s not my place to know why or why not. You do you, as long as it isn’t illegal or like against the fuckin Geneva convention

People need to consent to seeing nudity and sex.