Serious LGBT Thread

Lynx

Dig Down, and find faith.
Nebulae
As an ex-member of the LGT movement; I feel we need to sort out the problems inherent in the community.

There are so many problems ingrained into the movement that I've distanced myself from it entirely.

Lynx

Nebulae
why did you say it like that lol
Because I've never felt so alienated and almost universally hated by the very people who were meant to accept me.
what problems?
Gay culture (especially drag and beauty culture) seems to be gravitating towards being as pointlessly toxic to not only straight people but also towards each other.

Reactions: List

bubblegum

you should see me in a crown
Nebulae
Because I've never felt so alienated and almost universally hated by the very people who were meant to accept me.

Gay culture (especially drag and beauty culture) seems to be gravitating towards being as pointlessly toxic to not only straight people but also towards each other.

I assume you're bisexual, and you're mad about bisexual erasure?

Lynx

Nebulae
I assume you're bisexual, and you're mad about bisexual erasure?
Very; I've also received like 100x more hate and questioning from people in the LGT movement than outside of it; to the point where I'd rather not go to pride anymore and I've basically been put back into the closet bc I'm so scared of LGT people hating on me for being Bi that I'd rather avoid the topic entirely.

bubblegum

Nebulae
Very; I've also received like 100x more hate and questioning from people in the LGT movement than outside of it; to the point where I'd rather not go to pride anymore and I've basically been put back into the closet bc I'm so scared of LGT people hating on me for being Bi that I'd rather avoid the topic entirely.

Ironically, I thought you said "LGT" to do exactly that.

I identity as bisexual, sometimes queer, and I understand completely. It's really gross that anyone who would say they're LGBT would engage in such behavior. It's a huge issue that doesn't get enough concern in my opinion.

I had a conversation with a terf, who told me "you're not even lesbian" as a way to discredit me defending transwomen to her. Honestly, it's not cool that lesbian and gay people can be so biphobic, transphobic, NB-phobic, and so on. It's like the shit they receive just gets passed down the chain towards people who don't have as much societal clout.

Even in this thread, you see it sometimes. You'll get crucified for being outright homophobic, but it's open season to call transwomen predatory men, or to imply bisexuals are just sluts, or NB people are invalid. Makes me sick. It's either all wrong or none of it is. Fuck.

NightLock

LightKey's Evil twin
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
In the words of some great voicelines... People suck. Genuinely, I know this happens and it is such a horrible thing to look at. I like to think this has gotten better over time, but I can't know since I'm just the G part of that acronym. People always hate things they don't understand and (for some reason) that moves across to being bi because...??? I don't really know, although I do agree that it should for sure be taken seriously, it's a problem that I do see from time to time, and try to call it out whenever I do.
We all need to put in more effort sometimes, but know that you shouldn't feel hated or anything for being you. The whole point of pride is to be prideful and fuck those that hate you for being you. Doesn't matter if those haters are straight or gay or whatever the fuck, it's for you to feel confident in yourself, because at the end of the day, everyone deserves to feel loved and welcomed
[doublepost=1597960365][/doublepost]
Honestly, it's not cool that lesbian and gay people can be so biphobic, transphobic, NB-phobic, and so on.

Honestly I hate nothing more than this shit. People are just so crap sometimes. My boyfriend is trans and so I do know some of the shit he goes through and it is straight up horrible, and I think it's disgusting how some members of the community act. I try to think of them as the loud minority because, we should all understand what it's like to be put down by society for who we are

Lynx

Nebulae
Even in this thread, you see it sometimes. You'll get crucified for being outright homophobic,
You'll get called a homophobic bigot if you dare to even criticise the superior group.

I was half expecting to be demonised in the community when I posted the first post; as the moment you criticise the great LGT; you condemn yourself to the mercy of the most extreme left-wing cancel culture nutjobs.

You know something's wrong when your own people turn against each other in order to feel superior. Almost as if some minority groups are more equal than others.

bubblegum

Nebulae
Honestly I hate nothing more than this shit. People are just so crap sometimes. My boyfriend is trans and so I do know some of the shit he goes through and it is straight up horrible, and I think it's disgusting how some members of the community act. I try to think of them as the loud minority because, we should all understand what it's like to be put down by society for who we are

I remember there was some transphobic video game creator, and people were mad they were being transphobic. In response, they "apologized" by making a 41 percent discount on their game. You know, the statistic of how many trans people attempt to take their life because of all this toxic bullshit they get.

You'll get called a homophobic bigot if you dare to even criticise the superior group.

I was half expecting to be demonised in the community when I posted the first post; as the moment you criticise the great LGT; you condemn yourself to the mercy of the most extreme left-wing cancel culture nutjobs.

Imo there's a line. Being homophobic, transphobic, biphobic, etc isn't cool, but raising concerns of how we treat people is also important. I don't believe it's a leftist thing to do this. I think those who act like this are somewhere inbetween.

Lynx

Nebulae
Imo there's a line. Being homophobic, transphobic, biphobic, etc isn't cool, but raising concerns of how we treat people is also important. I don't believe it's a leftist thing to do this. I think those who act like this are somewhere inbetween.
I, personally, believe in horseshoe theory; as an outsider looking in. For example; I told a woman at pride I was Bi, back when I was innocent to all this bull.

"Are you sure? How come you're not gay? You're probably just pretending for clout. Fuck off, cishet."

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae
yeah there's some weird bi hating thing with my family like

they said being gay (including lesbians) ok but if you're bi you're just being a slut

not that i believe them when they said it'd be okay if gay's cool but the bi is not

kinda sucks. i know it exists in lgbt but i never heard it as prevalent as people who exist going 'lgb drop the T!!'

not to dissuade you from venting or saying 'trans have it worse' just never heard much of bierasure outside of straights

Zombine

DevelopersDevelopersDevelop
Nebulae
Wait no NO-
P3s4Oe1.jpg

D

Deleted member 4425

yeah there's some weird bi hating thing with my family like

they said being gay (including lesbians) ok but if you're bi you're just being a slut

not that i believe them when they said it'd be okay if gay's cool but the bi is not

kinda sucks. i know it exists in lgbt but i never heard it as prevalent as people who exist going 'lgb drop the T!!'

not to dissuade you from venting or saying 'trans have it worse' just never heard much of bierasure outside of straights
I’ve heard plenty of it, it’s pretty cringe tbh