Serious LGBT Thread

Inaudible™

Karl-Police Approved
Nebulae
mfers be like "We can always tell" and then never list the one thing that always tells
blahaj-stoffspielzeug-hai__0710175_pe727378_s5.jpg

(seriously why do almost all of you have this plushie)
Lol, when I ordered one it never got delivered on time. After like a month it just *appeared* on my doorstop in a pet food box. Got a complete refund :3

Another alt

String
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I work part time at Sainsbury’s and we had an incident this morning in the online room where someone had come in through the side gate as it was left unlocked and slept in the back of one of the delivery vans.

As we were starting to load the vans I had to move them along and such (ofc they were trespassing as well), and I walked with them to the Salvation Army after getting them a couple cups of coffee and something to eat (they were shivering as it was 0 degrees outside.

Long story short, they were trans and had been kicked out their house and had been forced to live on the street. They’d also developed a heroin addiction and was withdrawing badly.

The way we treat trans people in this country is fucking disgusting and it was a real eye opener for me. I’m always somewhat avoided the topic of trans people because I found it a difficult topic I knew not a lot about - but one thing is absolutely sure is that no person regardless of any gender identification deserve to be treated that way and I hope wholeheartedly the person gets the right treatment and gets off the streets as soon as they can.

Utterly appalled by the situation - they were no older than 21, clearly vulnerable and the system and by large country has failed them massively.
There's usually a lot more to the stories than that. If this is UK the councils also legally must offer housing and this must have been refused at some point to be homeless for over an extended period of time.

Not like it's not peak but you have to refuse the help provided to get in that situation. You can still use in homeless shelters I used to so yeah peak still but unless you refuse the housing it is given to you free of charge if you are on benefits.

Sil

jus one more fing
Nebulae
There's usually a lot more to the stories than that. If this is UK the councils also legally must offer housing and this must have been refused at some point to be homeless for over an extended period of time.

Not like it's not peak but you have to refuse the help provided to get in that situation. You can still use in homeless shelters I used to so yeah peak still but unless you refuse the housing it is given to you free of charge if you are on benefits.
The guy's been datastormed but there's an important point to dispute on this one

UK councils legally have to offer housing in the event that housing becomes impossible, like your rented property being sold off and being unable to afford a new place, thus you receive temp. accommodation, however in many cases true homelessness is a domestic/familial issue where for whatever reason a person has been kicked out of their home and potentially distanced or disowned. There is no safety net in-place for that, since they tend to genuinely have little to nothing and without any sort of permanent address it's a nightmare for the council to reach out to them.

There are also situations where people abuse the good hearts of others and become professional beggars, living comfortably and spending the days begging under a false pretense of being homeless. Those people undermine the actual struggles that many people face, like the poor trans person's genuine struggles mentioned before.

Its one where yeah, there are options out there, but it isnt always as available as one might think

Alt

String
B A N N E D
Nebulae
The guy's been datastormed but there's an important point to dispute on this one

UK councils legally have to offer housing in the event that housing becomes impossible, like your rented property being sold off and being unable to afford a new place, thus you receive temp. accommodation, however in many cases true homelessness is a domestic/familial issue where for whatever reason a person has been kicked out of their home and potentially distanced or disowned. There is no safety net in-place for that, since they tend to genuinely have little to nothing and without any sort of permanent address it's a nightmare for the council to reach out to them.

There are also situations where people abuse the good hearts of others and become professional beggars, living comfortably and spending the days begging under a false pretense of being homeless. Those people undermine the actual struggles that many people face, like the poor trans person's genuine struggles mentioned before.

Its one where yeah, there are options out there, but it isnt always as available as one might think
I aint datastormed im gurrazor. anyways Nah mate I been thru the system and unless there is no referals made and social worker will come check regularlly for street homeless and start processes.

t. was homeless for 4yrs and opiate addict

free up lutic not even being badly behaved and these man hating on me smh.

Reactions: List

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Nebulae
I aint datastormed im gurrazor. anyways Nah mate I been thru the system and unless there is no referals made and social worker will come check regularlly for street homeless and start processes.

shelters can be generally unsafe for trans people and women + myriad of other reasons. if they were sleeping in the back of a delivery van theres probably a reason beyond just not trying

Last edited:

Sil

jus one more fing
Nebulae
shelters can be generally unsafe for women let alone trans woman + myriad of other reasons. if she was sleeping in the back of a delivery van theres probably a reason beyond just not trying
tbf raiden didn't say trans woman, just trans person

either way it's a terrible situation for anyone

abcdefg

Atom
Nebulae
I don't know if I'd be able to sleep at night knowing I had completely thrown out my own flesh and blood to the streets, not even trying to set up a place for them to live in. Especially over a superficial reason such as them being trans? Pure sociopathy.

Lewis!

フローラルの専門店
Nebulae

What drives these guys to come back after 8 years and immediately get banned for being annoying

Flop

Secret dingus man
Nebulae
I don't know if I'd be able to sleep at night knowing I had completely thrown out my own flesh and blood to the streets, not even trying to set up a place for them to live in. Especially over a superficial reason such as them being trans? Pure sociopathy.
Everyone deserves parents but not everyone deserves to BE parents