Life Is Strange: Before the Storm

TheRobsterDJ

Nucleus
Nebulae
I've just completed all 3 episodes. The music wasn't quite as good as it's predecessor but I was still just as attached to the characters as I was with the previous game. Not to mention the post-credits scene in Episode 3. That was grim. What are your thoughts, if any?

Bloo

Neutrino
Nebulae
I want to get it because I loved the first game but I heard mixed reviews since the change of voice actor. Would you say it's still worth it?

Plankster

Atom
Nebulae
Finished it yesterday. I personally thought that the ending was.. maybe a little disappointing, it didn't really hit as hard as the ending from the first game, but I mean I can't come up with anything better, and we know from the first game what actually happens with Rachel so it must have been hard to actually come up with a ending for it. I in general thought that it was nice to see Chloe's backstory and that the story was great.

TheRobsterDJ

Nucleus
Nebulae
Finished it yesterday. I personally thought that the ending was.. maybe a little disappointing, it didn't really hit as hard as the ending from the first game, but I mean I can't come up with anything better, and we know from the first game what actually happens with Rachel so it must have been hard to actually come up with a ending for it. I in general thought that it was nice to see Chloe's backstory and that the story was great.
It's a shame we didn't get the opportunity to see Chloe's breakdown after Rachel's disappearance, we're just left with the post-credits scene.

Reactions: List

Postino

Atom
Nebulae
I thought Deck9 was going to disappoint me since it wasn't the same developer house and all that but they did an OUTSTANDING job; I loved the removal of the Rewind power because I was actually pressured to make decisions that will actually have consequences and I couldn't just go back to cancel them.

Yes, they had to use a different voice actor for Chloe but that was because the original one (Ashly Burch) couldn't do anything due to a SAG-AFTRA strike (the strike ended though so she'll be the voice actor in the Farewell episode).

I loved every single moment of it, everything was perfectly spot on and detailed and the references to the first season were awesome. I loved every single moment of it except the talk with Sera right in Episode 3 where I thought Chloe was actually in a dream or some shit, and Sera was all "oh no i dont wanna meet my daughter anymore" well fuck you little slut you're the whole reason this whole game started - that felt just so disappointing.

The Backtalk mechanic was sooooo good and fun but I honestly thought I'd see way more of it in the last episode.

However I'd definitely recommend the game to anyone who lived the first Life is Strange. The animations, lip-syncing, dialogues and graphics are greatly improved.

Reactions: List

TheRobsterDJ

Nucleus
Nebulae
When is the farewell episode being released, if it hasn't been already?

cns - he/him/his

The Winner
Nebulae
i liked the part where they kissed

ot: i loved it. the thing that really stood out for me besides the story was the graphics on close-ups of characters and shit i really loved the design and shit in them

Pistolparty5892

Neutrino
Nebulae
Didn't like this series either. Mind you, I can see why some people would like it; but I personally hated the games. Chloe is one of my most hated video-game characters, mind you, so I'm pretty biased, but I was willing to give this a shot. Mind you, I'm not much of a modern adventure game fan, and I didn't even like a lot of old school adventure games (Baggage fest ones specifically).

Take it or leave it, but I definitely think both series are overrated.