LIGHTNING RAID FEEDBACK

Rod

remove bias
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

Hello. Today I'm going to explain myself, and why I acted the way I d-

Just kidding.

I'd like to preface this by saying that I apologise to those whom haven't had the best experience. Upon being met with a 15-player approximation for tonight, seeing the playercount reach almost 30 was, for the faction, an incredibly teary-eyed sight, but for the event, alarm bells were going off across the board. I wasn't ready for this at all! I made some decisions that I think weren't correct.

It was never designed to house so many players, as the only indication I had of who was showing up failed me.

For this lack of foresight, I'd like to apologise.

However, I would say some things went quite well in this event. Mostly down to the players' interactions themselves, which was always what I wanted to promote in these curated events.

It's become obvious to me that my style of propbuilding and plotting of these events do not work well with open slots, large-scale operations. I will investigate methods to give the Combine faction things to do and stories to enjoy without placing this limitation.

Overall, I hope you had fun. Please provide criticism and feedback, and do not hold back on your thoughts, as both positive and negative help shape the future.

Nebulae
Apologies for soiling the S2RP the first-go, ironically the one to go "it isn't complicated" to instructions given messed it up.

Awesome event- made me *feel* like a true coppa dispensing justice on all.

Reactions: List

bilack

Electron
Nebulae
For this lack of foresight, I'd like to apologise.​
Mate, please, don't apologise. The event was great. If anything, you should be absolutely proud that you got so many players on-board. It's a testament to how engaging it was. The PassiveRP element, thankfully, I lived to get to that, and it was real intense. Reminded me of the D6 event.

Good shit

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Nebulae
quartz is me

that being said, even tho i was an event char i had a lot of fun passive rp'ing at the start and fucking up our equipment - did intend for combine to have more involvement with our vent escape but unfortunately it didnt turn out that way. also @Rod u handled the increase in players well i think

hope people enjoyed all the interactions at the end :)

Nebulae
the potatoes man
this is pure trauma
5nLuMk0.png

QhpczGQ.png

Provingmedusa

Scourge of Antlions
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
As an actor for two of your events now, I can firmly say you're killing it, dude.

I REALLY enjoyed the lore and character background development we all did before the main event, really made me think these ~30 minute old characters had been there since the start.

Only critisism is the sheer amount of combine that showed but I'm not blaming you for that, no one could have expected 26 Combine when only about 11 explicity showed interest.

Look forward to the next!

Nebulae
As an actor for two of your events now, I can firmly say you're killing it, dude.

I REALLY enjoyed the lore and character background development we all did before the main event, really made me think these ~30 minute old characters had been there since the start.

Only critisism is the sheer amount of combine that showed but I'm not blaming you for that, no one could have expected 26 Combine when only about 11 explicity showed interest.

Look forward to the next!
combinos deserved this event, im happy they filled the majority of the server
finally to put their rp and some military tactics to use

it was very refreshing to see it so well made

perfect event

bilack

Electron
Nebulae
quartz is me

that being said, even tho i was an event char i had a lot of fun passive rp'ing at the start and fucking up our equipment - did intend for combine to have more involvement with our vent escape but unfortunately it didnt turn out that way. also @Rod u handled the increase in players well i think

hope people enjoyed all the interactions at the end :)
Yea i wanted to go down the vent with @Eviction Notice but unfortunately we IC weren't able to, and from there it all went downhill. But it was fun! Still would've loved to do some passive rp with you rebels on the other side of the vent.

STUCK IN A CAKE

Molecule
Nebulae
More cops should've died in the Push :troll:

But yeah, I enjoyed it. Wish I wasn't immediately gunned to death when facing freespy's rebel character in the s2rp but what can ya do (Nothing stopping me from just 'Returning Injured' after the event anyways)

Letting some people return "Critically injured" was a little weird since it kind-of just mitigates the risk of dying, especially when there wasn't a shortage of players still available.

23 Went in, only 13 came out

and here, have some screenshots

D876EA27AF396751FA232D5838F9C4CC7DF524F2

438B1DA719CD21882140077E11CD611A49443B52

9AC89DD8FDB64733C525CED97CD9337F58C6EBB9

B02CF0D63E622A161D10C2E9CAB9EF75A9BDB445

95718B13C8F06423BDAEFDEE55AD7A6C692E99DF

CAA0AA21B896AA49984DA9F1F02B21560B80A5EF

54D59F1AE735A2FA8B788F21C35BACA6E774FA6D

565D2668D381568ACB972425C456DE6D5BC4B542

BEE751AE205D6C887B0AB1C9D232702D4743EF9F

29A9007DC114531879C99D4343960C974AC19DB7

7C6B21A75F1C2B685C94468E08172017E44DEF0D

(My body as I attempted to tackle the rebel)
ABE2470730F4C68AACF733E4892DE5E2FDBD3942

6AA6EE4F7F658C26D15984C92A5AE12BACF16422

B888C1BA9CAC2F6C480E85ABB391189EA43265F9

1761C5DDE152771CA44BBC6E85EC2255BA0AF8BF

EBEC294ED7CF471A5EBB0D5E24806DB5C01A3EAE

D0CB9F240CAC80F0095C23005DA40E3884158AD7

0960E8E2C4717F3E7D938FB5E39E2C28C313C1E7

Nebulae
when deciding on player size you usually have two choices

limit it so you can run something organized vs allow an absolute clusterfuck to happen and somehow manage it so that the most amount of people can have fun at a time

it was clear that the chokepoint layouts were not designed for this many people to run through them at a time, and there were moments where everyone's hesitation to lose the ability to play the event got the better of them (even if it was just an NLR) and we got stuck quite often - but when we did manage to make it through, i ended up looking back and realizing it added to the pace of the event quite nicely

i picked up on some bits and pieces of the story and while i didn't have the luxury to get into it too much, i liked that there was a structure to what was behind our mission in the first place. worldbuilding ftw

roleplay quality on the part of our combine players was top notch as usual, it always shines in stuff like this. event actors weren't half bad either

enjoyed leading this fuckfest with @RedMan

you will do more of these.

RedMan

Electron
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae

enjoyed leading this fuckfest with @RedMan
Waves will not stop until morale improves.

It was fun to have a mission like that as a CivPro. Sorta makes you wish to have a bit more of them. I would organise them myself, but God it takes a long time to setup a proper layout for the build.

Gyarik

gu
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
Fun event, I was with XRAY-3 on that short knife hostage situation.

I generally don't like S2K on neb but the event server made it much better in regards of performance (despite the sheer amount of people present), so I had fun doing that regardless, then the S2RP with the actors was a really good refreshing moment for me, given that recently all of my engagements on CP have been forced S2K.

Not your fault that you expected less players than there actually were, but maybe the map design was a little bit too claustrophobic (minus the very first room), imagining even for half the playercount as I could already see most players bunching up in one or two rooms.

Actors did a good job and the worldbuilding was very much fitting, can't argue over that.

I really look forward on what you will think of and build next, hopefully something as engaging :)

maxi

maxiboy
Nebulae
I enjoyed some elements. I did like the interactivity of the environment, however, this event could've been smaller as others said. As well as this, the S2K portion felt like the actors were actually out to kill us. Actors should be facilitating a roleplay environment, not taking it away from players in an S2K portion. We lost about half our group in that fight. If the cast had been smaller, as it perhaps ought to have been, we would've been left with 3/4 people.

In addition, the start of the event really took its time to kick off. We were assigned to guard a tunnel where S2K enemies would be spawned every few minutes. It got boring fast, and it seems that the transhumans went in and did most of the dirty work before the cops.

The S2K portions were generally quite dissatisfying as well, and I admit the room did feel like there wasn't much direction to it. I had to go halfway through, but my experience was generally quite mixed.

Though I definitely think your next events will be a step up, the main flaw in this one was too many players, which would've perhaps been better served by at least halving the playercount, if not more. Actors shouldn't really be out to murder the players as they were, either, unless the players themselves do stupid shit of course.

Overall, good premise, but the playercount reduced the quality to which participants could enjoy the event, but I do look forward to your next event and I'm sure it'll be even better.

I also apologise for breaking S2RP sorry lol my mind was still in S2K mindset and didn't think

STUCK IN A CAKE

Molecule
Nebulae
Though I definitely think your next events will be a step up, the main flaw in this one was too many players, which would've perhaps been better served by at least halving the playercount, if not more. Actors shouldn't really be out to murder the players as they were, either, unless the players themselves do stupid shit of course
The S2K helped alot with bringing down the player count to a reasonable number. Which helped for the S2RP portion. I feel the actors would have toned down had the player count be reasonable.

Also I kept telling the overzealous ota to pull back and let the cop teams deal with the problem, 'It's their job to do the leg work, don't take unnecessary risk'. Which was funny since those Soldiers didn't listen and died in the S2K immediately. But then they RESPAWNED themselves (which is a bit of a bruh moment for all the others who, because they weren't staff, couldn't do the same)

Provingmedusa

Scourge of Antlions
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
Would the playercount had been at the expected level, S2K would have not happened unless someone did something unbelievably stupid.
We did it to help balance out the desparity in manpower for the actor's team. Once we spent enough time at one defensive position, we would fall back at the next grenade thrown (which the flashbang in the first spotlight tunnel did actually do anyway).