Literature Thread

ButtonLip

I really was wilbur whateley the whole time
Nebulae
once read it and now I can't find a local copy, plus all the options online are overpriced.

As much flak as Ebooks get, I don't have a lot of shame in admitting how much I rely on them. My shame is dedicated to the way I'm getting them for free. When I can't find a book I want to read locally, and it's too overpriced online, I can usually find it elsewhere online and be reading it on a kindle very quickly.

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
As much flak as Ebooks get, I don't have a lot of shame in admitting how much I rely on them. My shame is dedicated to the way I'm getting them for free. When I can't find a book I want to read locally, and it's too overpriced online, I can usually find it elsewhere online and be reading it on a kindle very quickly.

I don't own a kindle and really don't feel like staring at a pirated ebook on my monitor, plus it feels more comforting to have a physical copy.

Which means my only option is to head an hour out and look for what's available in used book stores.

afric

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Jack Kerouac's On the Road and Steinbecks Grapes of Wrath, both equally epic

also despite the oversaturation of the genre, World War Z is also exceptional, hope that eventually theres a "by the books" sequel

Reactions: List

mårten

Atom
Nebulae
also despite the oversaturation of the genre, World War Z is also exceptional, hope that eventually theres a "by the books" sequel
i like world war z because it managed to be refreshing for a zombie thing, like it's not very often you hear of a zombie story that feels original

afric

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
i like world war z because it managed to be refreshing for a zombie thing, like it's not very often you hear of a zombie story that feels original
it's a zombie story where (not ironically and as some sort of weird narrative device) "humans were the bad guys all along".

the great panic remains one of my favourite things because it hits it so on the head when you're reading it

Tics

Neutrino
Nebulae
I'll second The Things They Carried by Tim O'Brien. I read it in high school, it's a seriously good book.

Knight

`impulse-approved
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I finished the first Thrawn book, one of the few books that got me that excited to keep reading through. The story was very gripping and it's one of the few books I've read that did a good job at describing action scenes well. It's an amazing read if you're into political intrigue, strategy, mystery, or action.

I ordered the sequel and it should be here in a day or two. The third installment in the series comes out this July.
41Qo5-NeDBL.jpg

41jVbe7U18L._SX327_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg