Loading Stuck on 'Retrieving Server Info'

Mullin

Proton
Nebulae
Basically what it says in the title, I've tried leaving it for TWO hours, nothing happens, doesn't even budge. In the end, I just end the program and try again, and it doesn't do anything once again! Any ideas?

Mullin

Proton
Nebulae
welp, im all out of awnsers except you have shit internet, but that probably isnt the case

try turning it off and back on idk

Tried to turn it off and on again, tried switching different internet connections, tried deleting all mods not needed...- Argh

M3lon

Approved by Erdogan
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Tried to turn it off and on again, tried switching different internet connections, tried deleting all mods not needed...- Argh
Unsubscribe from all of the addons except hl2rp content. Type menu_cleanupgma (or something similiar to that not sure ^) and it will delete all unsubscribed addons from your pc. If that also doesn't help you @Votra is the man for this job.

Votra

Retired
Nebulae
Sorry I was banned, sure I can help you.

Before you do anything I mention below, try starting a singleplayer game on any map and then from that game, joining the server.

You may also want to go to your options menu, the last tab, and then make sure "Download all Custom Files from Server" is selected. If it is and it's still not working, try to change it to, "Don't download custom files from server."

I'm going to need the following information from you:
  • If you're using an autoexec.cfg, please post the contents of it in a reply.
  • What launch options are you using?
  • Does this only happen on a specific server or any multiplayer server you try to join?
  • Have you had any other internet/connectivity issues?
Personally I did this when I was plagued by this curse, BUT DON'T DO THIS UNLESS YOU WANT TOO, MAY BE A CVAR/LAUNCH OPTION
  • Delete the steamapps/common/garrysmod folder.
  • Right-Click Garry's Mod in your Steam Library, and hit "Delete Local Content"
  • Unsubscribe from addons you don't need. Personally I just did a clean sweep and reinstalled the content packs I needed.
  • Reinstall, mount your HL2/CSS/EP1/EP2.
  • Let shit install.
  • Profit.

Last edited:
Reactions: List

Mullin

Proton
Nebulae
Sorry I was banned, sure I can help you.

Before you do anything I mention below, try starting a singleplayer game on any map and then from that game, joining the server.

You may also want to go to your options menu, the last tab, and then make sure "Download all Custom Files from Server" is selected. If it is and it's still not working, try to change it to, "Don't download custom files from server."

I'm going to need the following information from you:
  • If you're using an autoexec.cfg, please post the contents of it in a reply.
  • What launch options are you using?
  • Does this only happen on a specific server or any multiplayer server you try to join?
  • Have you had any other internet/connectivity issues?
Personally I did this when I was plagued by this curse, BUT DON'T DO THIS UNLESS YOU WANT TOO, MAY BE A CVAR/LAUNCH OPTION
  • Delete the steamapps/common/garrysmod folder.
  • Right-Click Garry's Mod in your Steam Library, and hit "Delete Local Content"
  • Unsubscribe from addons you don't need. Personally I just did a clean sweep and reinstalled the content packs I needed.
  • Reinstall, mount your HL2/CSS/EP1/EP2.
  • Let shit install.
  • Profit.

Thank you! It worked.