Logan Discussion

gExile

roleplayers paradise
Nebulae
I saw it on it's premier night and fuck the theater was full
but I liked the movie a lot, it wrapped up Wolverine's story nicely. One thing I have to say though is that I feel as if it had unnecessary killing shit, I mean not like I'm complaining but there was just so much shit dying and blood spilling it felt like a Tarantino film
What movie?
as the title suggests, Logan

Hosterss

Electron
Nebulae
but I liked the movie a lot, it wrapped up Wolverine's story nicely. One thing I have to say though is that I feel as if it had unnecessary killing shit, I mean not like I'm complaining but there was just so much shit dying and blood spilling it felt like a Tarantino film

Oh, didn't realise what the title said. Thanks.

Eli

Proton
Nebulae
Saw it about a week ago, by the end some people in the theater were actually crying and without spoiling too much, that ending scene is one of the best in history imo.

Dicknose

Whatever happens, happens.
Nebulae

That's what I thought with the death of the black people

Redhunter

On and Off UP Lead
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Red's Shitty Film Review
Contains Spoilers about Logan below

Saw the movie a few weeks ago with my friends, first 15 movie I had the privilege to see without my parents and holy shit, I actually enjoyed a superhero movie. I came into Logan with really low expectations. The trailers were all over the place, the first showing off Logan as the central protagonist and the second showing off Laura. Therefore, when I went into the cinema, I had no idea what to expect.

The movie starts off with some brutal violence, beautifully done with tonnes of gore and amazing effects. Even from the very start you could see Hugh Jackman's excellent performance as a grizzled old man shine through as he lives of a life of drinking and sleeping in his car, occasionally doing drug deals with some guy from the local hospital to stop Professor X's seizures. X and Caliban (Steven Merchant) live in a run down factory in Mexico.

Our co-star, Laura, is introduced around 20 minutes into the movie. For a child actress she did a very good job at portraying the role, extremely impressed. Recently I've noticed a black and white development in Child Characters. They're always a sweet child with an extremely evil side to them, I've seen it all before, but something about this character was different. She was mysterious, grey and you never really knew what she was going to do. Sure there were times when she acted stupid or done something retarded but I'll let them slide.

Another thing you need to know about Logan is how long the movie is. Going in blind I thought the movie was going to be your standard, run of the mill, 90 minute Marvel Film *COUGH*CAPTAIN AMERICA CIVIL WAR*COUGH* but I digress. Logan is 2 hours and 30 minutes long. A lot of the time is built developing the relationship between Logan, Professor X and Laura which helps you create an attachment to the characters, leaving even me emotionally unstable by the end of the movie.

Logan has a good balance of action and progression in the middle of the movie however there is a part 3/4's through where you think to yourself why has the movie not ended yet. It's a boring scene which follows an emotionally traumatic moment which I'll not spoil for anyone who has not seen it. Laura then proceeds to tell Logan that they must travel North, to Canada where a town for mutants called Eden exists as instructed by her deceased mother. However, what Logan then finds out is that Eden is from an X-Men comic. It doesn't, to our knowledge, exist and he fears to tell her this...

The Final Quarter is perhaps the most interesting part of the movie as you'd expect, do note that I am about to spoil the ending. When Logan and Laura, who is who can finally speak, meet up with the rest of the test subjects they are followed by X-24, An upgraded, lab built, version of Logan who is also played by Hugh Jackman leads his army of mercenaries to capture his long lost prize, the children. Here we see the children show their true powers in use, with awesome combat scenes and somewhat embarrassing behaviour from the mercenaries. Hugh Jackman is beat up and is shown clearly as a shadow of his former self, he continues to fight on however, triumphing over X-24 in a bloody and amazing combat scene. However, after all this time we've spent with our characters, after all Logan has been through, what happens to our Hero? A low-life mercenary impales him on a tree, before being killed, leaving him to bleed out. As Laura who we find out is his daughter holds her dying father. He tells them to continue North, to find Eden and leave him be.

The movie ends with Laura standing over Logan's grave as the cross is turned into an X symbol, before she walks away, the camera panning out as the test subjects proceed onwards, North.

Overall by the end of Logan I was babbling, I was genuinely crying by the end of the movie and I'm not ashamed to admit that. Never have I experienced such a joyride in film since I last watched The Hobbit, which I seem to be the only one who likes it. Logan is bloody fantastic and that's all I can really say about it.

five-stars.png

A MUST SEE FILM

Reactions: List