In Progress Looking for new CPU

Stalker

the very best rp man on planet earth
Nebulae
So I know enough about motherboards so that won't be an issue but, currently i'm running an i5 7600k and I was thinking of upgrading it, I know it's pretty ok for what it does but I do want to replace it for something else and cash it in at CEX.

Currently tempted to go for the new Ryzen 2600X but I'm not even sure if i'll notice much of a difference, any tips?

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
go for the new ryzen line or an i7, up to you although the ryzen is cheaper and performs under the i7 by like uh 10% or something

Wash

Nucleus
Nebulae
So I know enough about motherboards so that won't be an issue but, currently i'm running an i5 7600k and I was thinking of upgrading it, I know it's pretty ok for what it does but I do want to replace it for something else and cash it in at CEX.

Currently tempted to go for the new Ryzen 2600X but I'm not even sure if i'll notice much of a difference, any tips?

I'd just largely recommend upgrading to the 7700K, it saves getting a new motherboard, it's still pretty new and CPU technology for Intel and Ryzen are at a dead heat, it's personally, well, personal preference. But it'd save money getting the i7, but it's not as massive upgrades going to the next line, as say, Graphics Cards.

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I'd just largely recommend upgrading to the 7700K, it saves getting a new motherboard, it's still pretty new and CPU technology for Intel and Ryzen are at a dead heat, it's personally, well, personal preference. But it'd save money getting the i7, but it's not as massive upgrades going to the next line, as say, Graphics Cards.
if he is going to upgrade his motherboard regardless then it doesn't matter

he'll save money on the ryzen and won't lose any notable performance either

unless you are doing work on your pc that is very straining for cpu you won't need the extra 10%

Reactions: List

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
If you want to go for an i7, and don't care saving for a new mo-bo, get the i7-8700k, it's only like, 20-30€ more expensive than the 7700k and the difference is noticeable.

Wash

Nucleus
Nebulae
if he is going to upgrade his motherboard regardless then it doesn't matter

he'll save money on the ryzen and won't lose any notable performance either

unless you are doing work on your pc that is very straining for cpu you won't need the extra 10%

I generally had a poor experience with AMD, but it was pre-Ryzen, so I dont know how good it is now, but I am glad to see they've made up for lost ground in the CPU Market.

If you need the extra cores for stuff like Editing, perhaps Ryzen's the way to go, but Intel has been very good with single-core performance over AMD, which makes the difference in video games or older programs that dont take advantage of all the CPU cores. Not a whole lot of programs is perfectly optimized for it, and when it does, I can see Ryzen make more ground, otherwise, it's Intels land for me.
[doublepost=1529703892][/doublepost]
If you want to go for an i7, and don't care saving for a new mo-bo, get the i7-8700k, it's only like, 20-30€ more expensive than the 7700k and the difference is noticeable.

Thought that runs on a new motherboard regardless.

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Nebulae
I generally had a poor experience with AMD, but it was pre-Ryzen, so I dont know how good it is now, but I am glad to see they've made up for lost ground in the CPU Market.

If you need the extra cores for stuff like Editing, perhaps Ryzen's the way to go, but Intel has been very good with single-core performance over AMD, which makes the difference in video games or older programs that dont take advantage of all the CPU cores. Not a whole lot of programs is perfectly optimized for it, and when it does, I can see Ryzen make more ground, otherwise, it's Intels land for me.
[doublepost=1529703892][/doublepost]

Thought that runs on a new motherboard regardless.
just gonna say but the ryzen series has crushed all the controversial shit caused by the trash fx series of amd cpus - if you had any grudges towards amd now is the best time to get over them because they are continually cheaper than intel whilst performing on par with higher offerings in intels line up - true, intel technically does have faster single core speeds but some of the differences can be neglible in actual fps terms.

Sixx

Proton
Nebulae

Just got a 2700X not long ago, powerful as fuck. Definitely worth it. Get a good cooler though.
Like, a really nice cooler. These things are hot.

Sixx

Proton
Nebulae
Based AMD (and 7th gen i5 and i7 LOL)
I just came from a 6th Gen i5 and my stock cooler made it run super quiet and super cool. Never had any cooling issues with Intel.

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
I just came from a 6th Gen i5 and my stock cooler made it run super quiet and super cool. Never had any cooling issues with Intel.

Yeah 6th gen was great, 7th is hot. Well, it was a matter of luck. You could get a bad or a good i5/i7

I was lucky and my 7700k is quiet and cool as fuck

Reactions: List

Sixx

Proton
Nebulae
Yeah 6th gen was great, 7th is hot. Well, it was a matter of luck. You could get a bad or a good i5/i7

I was lucky and my 7700k is quiet and cool as fuck
Funny story, my Dad doesn't know all that much about computers, thought his 4th Gen i7 laptop was better than a 6th Gen 6500 skylake because his had a 7 and not a 5 on the end.

Poor bloke.

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
Funny story, my Dad doesn't know all that much about computers, thought his 4th Gen i7 laptop was better than a 6th Gen 6500 skylake because his had a 7 and not a 5 on the end.

Poor bloke.

To be fair, 4th gen i7s were incredibly good.

I had one myself until recently, a 4770k, and that was glorious

Sixx

Proton
Nebulae
To be fair, 4th gen i7s were incredibly good.

I had one myself until recently, a 4770k, and that was glorious
Yeah but his was like a 4500U or something, 1.8GHz stock speed lmaoooooooooo

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
4500U or something, 1.8GHz stock speed

7d8.gif