Make It More Annoying To Steal Occupied Local Cars

Deleted member 442

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
You know them cars just vibing in traffic, the local sitting there, enjoying they radio.

They goin about their day. Doin their shit. Then yo ass runs up and pulls them out of the car.

Change this. Protect our locals. Lock the damn doors. If you think about it, most modern vehicles auto-lock after they start moving a bit IRL too. Make it if you want to pull a local out of their car to steal it they have to pick the lock (or some sort of hacking system for higher-end vehicles) after incapacitating the driver.

But also encourage people to explore downtown a bit on foot, maybe find a bicycle, obtain lockpicks (DRIVE THAT ECONOMY BABY) or encourage them to go find car rentals instead of just hauling locals out of their cars to go play bumper cars with delivery drivers and garbagemen.

Reactions: List
Upvote -2

Andrew

Atom
Nebulae
If you think about it, most modern vehicles auto-lock after they start moving a bit IRL too.
ain't somethin' i knew about
never get in the way of a player hitting y to get somewhere

M3lon

Approved by Erdogan
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
You know them cars just vibing in traffic, the local sitting there, enjoying they radio.

They goin about their day. Doin their shit. Then yo ass runs up and pulls them out of the car.

Change this. Protect our locals. Lock the damn doors. If you think about it, most modern vehicles auto-lock after they start moving a bit IRL too. Make it if you want to pull a local out of their car to steal it they have to pick the lock (or some sort of hacking system for higher-end vehicles) after incapacitating the driver.

But also encourage people to explore downtown a bit on foot, maybe find a bicycle, obtain lockpicks (DRIVE THAT ECONOMY BABY) or encourage them to go find car rentals instead of just hauling locals out of their cars to go play bumper cars with delivery drivers and garbagemen.
Please no. I don't want to walk back for hours from Mount Chiliad because my game crashed or some sort of bug

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
Please no. I don't want to walk back for hours from Mount Chiliad because my game crashed or some sort of bug
It definitely needs to be made more difficult, however the changes won't prevent using a lockpick or calling a taxi.

Deleted member 442

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
1. think of the locals
2. think of the amazing exercise
3. think about the cringe fact that when you disable someone's car they're gonna be cringe and just freely yoink a local car with zero effort involved
5. iirc there's usually mountain bikes up there bro use them LEGGIES
6. i'm not saying to make it impossible to steal local cars, just add something so you can't just do it with no effort and can't just instantly hop from car to car that you don't own.
7. call for a ride too! dialogue!!!! interaction!!! beg on twatter!

NightLock

LightKey's Evil twin
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Now that sounds like a very lucrative taxi fare great way to help someone in need!

Also how the fuck you find a car on mount chiliad anyway?

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I think you should be able to rip npcs from the vehicles fine, but you cannot start the car without hotwiring it or something

NightLock

LightKey's Evil twin
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
And bike and car rentals
supporting-local-business.png

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
Probably shouldn't be able to just casually lockpick police cars. Maybe require a special device or a higher tier, less available or more expensive lockpick to be able to get in/hotwire.
Yeah it was a huge problem for us to maintain some control of the city, got some ideas though.

Deleted member 906

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Yeah it was a huge problem for us to maintain some control of the city, got some ideas though.

Shame you can't employ tactics similar to the combine in hl2 to maintain control. Aint like the LSPD got gunships and striders