Suggestion Make the Reliant Robin a free starter car (!!!)

Andrew

Atom
Nebulae
Or don't!!!!!

It should be cheap as heck to invite people to buy it as a car to have, paint, and own. Especially since it stops them from buying a gun and getting involved in crime....

Addendum: All modifications to the Reliant Robin should be possible with the initial starting $5k cash for new players. This includes new brakes, potential new modifications to the hull (I have no idea if it has any) and anything else (I have no idea if it has any)

Why you are suggesting this: It's hysterical. It's downright funny. It's a car you cannot reliably control without tapping keys faster than you would in osu!mania, it's unreliable without a controller plugged in, and it has more HP than any other car in the market to handle its obscene rolling. People should have it, and they should be proliferated amongst the populace as the hip-new import that the LSPD fears to see on the streets due to its innate ability to turn bystanders into statistics.

Did I mention it's funny? It sets the tone, sets the stage for what players should expect from the server. SeriousRP if they want - the gun store is right there, the gas station down the road for food. The Reliant Robin as a choice if they acknowledge the lightheartedness of life and videogames.

Northgate

:D
HL2 RP Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Honestly, maybe not necessarily free but maybe cheaper than a gun to, as you say, not buy a gun and instead put money into a silly car

It's gonna be hilarious and at the same time, due to its "perfection", people might be more inclined to call in taxis to actually get to destinations in one piece, or call friends for a pick up

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
Add Jeremy Clarkson commentaries every time you roll with the Reliant

Warwick

Mum Looks Like Tracy Beaker
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
No thanks; I don’t personally want to see flipped Reliant Robins everywhere like some sort of drug-fuelled nightmare had by Mr Bean

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
No thanks; I don’t personally want to see flipped Reliant Robins everywhere like some sort of drug-fuelled nightmare had by Mr Bean

Come on dude it'll be like our own personal twist, the "Sometimes, I dream about cheese" of GTA Roleplay

Reactions: List

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I actually think this would be fun to see and would at least give non-crims a way to get around out of the gate.

Plus, people would have cars that would require fixing at Hayes, so... Kinda supports businesses too

Warwick

GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I was genuinely thinking this, make it like 1 million dollars but when you get it it just goes on the back behind the other 2 tires and parallel with the front one lol
It’s on the roof so you can still navigate when you inevitably flip the fucking thing

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
It’s on the roof so you can still navigate when you inevitably flip the fucking thing

A comically large and janky looking mechanical arm that puts you back up when you flip would be better for this if the end goal is to unflip the car instead of avoiding it flipping in the first place

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
I mostly agree with this, I'm not opposed to some form of random starter kit for new players in the future but for now the car rental prices have been dramatically decreased.

Warwick

GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I mostly agree with this, I'm not opposed to some form of random starter kit for new players in the future but for now the car rental prices have been dramatically decreased.
Alex has agreed with me twice in seven days - I’ve made it

Andrew

Atom
Nebulae
Honestly, maybe not necessarily free but maybe cheaper than a gun to, as you say, not buy a gun and instead put money into a silly car

It's gonna be hilarious and at the same time, due to its "perfection", people might be more inclined to call in taxis to actually get to destinations in one piece, or call friends for a pick up
Precisely - it should be something players can begin to soupe-up without any significant time investments

Not a downside, a hilarious feature