Marc Laidlaw posts the plot of Episode 3 online

Nebulae
This was pointed out on reddit but

"At this point, the resistance will have failed or succeeded, no thanks to me. Old friends have been silenced, or fallen by the wayside. I no longer know or recognize most members of the research team, though I believe the spirit of rebellion still persists. I expect you know better than I the appropriate course of action, and I leave you to it. Expect no further correspondence from me regarding these matters; this is my final episode."

Is nothing less but heartbreaking coming from Marc through Gordon's mouth.

Reactions: List

gigi

Atom
Nebulae
Thanks dude, marc's website wasn't working for me.
marc's website is overloaded because of the amount of people that are trying to read it, i mean all you have to see is the pastebin having nearly 45 thousand views and soon to be higher
even the mods on /v/ went out their way to stick a thread about it and give it a theme

nash

slimaaconroy-approved
B A N N E D
Nebulae
marc's website is overloaded because of the amount of people that are trying to read it, i mean all you have to see is the pastebin having nearly 45 thousand views and soon to be higher
even the mods on /v/ went out their way to stick a thread about it and give it a theme

I hope someone from the community gets to making this in source engine, custom maps and shit.
They'd be some sort of Valve hero to be honest.

Khiel

Molecule
Nebulae
wonder if we'll take ep3 lore into consideration.................................... :)))

nash

slimaaconroy-approved
B A N N E D
Nebulae
wonder if we'll take ep3 lore into consideration.................................... :grinning:))

The only thing that is really shown is the borealis and some of mossmans brains being scattered by Alyx.

Don't think that's gonna be too useful.

steve maxwell

Proton
Nebulae
The only thing that is really shown is the borealis and some of mossmans brains being scattered by Alyx.

Don't think that's gonna be too useful.
We do know what the combine overworld looks like now, so if Dalman writes a story involving someone being taken there, he has inspiration.

nash

slimaaconroy-approved
B A N N E D
Nebulae
We do know what the combine overworld looks like now, so if Dalman writes a story involving someone being taken there, he has inspiration.

What if secretly Marc Laidlaw is now with Valve and is working on Hl3 but published the storyline by accident?
That should be @karl-police 's conspiarcy theory.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I don't think that's even The Overworld.

A Dyson Sphere is literally nothing more than a big theoretical structure meant to harnass the energy of a star and in theory can support stuff living on it - and presumably being built. You could probably even store Citadels on it, because this is the size, on average, as theorized:

220px-Dyson_Sphere_Diagram-en.svg.png

As is said earlier in the doc, they get a glimpse of what Alyx thinks is nothing more than a staging point. It's 'important' in the sense of it'd suck if it got taken out but humanities most powerful accidental weapon - a gigantic ship rubberbanding through time and space packed with highly volatile portal tech that could probably rip the planet apart as it blew up is little more than "a flickering matchhead" as it impacts against it.

You could throw humanities entire nuclear arsenal against this thing and it'd probably scratch the paint. And this is nothing more than a glorified production facility/staging point to send off small invasion fleets like the one that conquered earth. If they have the capacity to build one, they likely have many, many more out there.

steve maxwell

Proton
Nebulae
And then there's the ending paragraph. does it mean earth beat off the combine? Or is the uprising still going on?

gigi

Atom
Nebulae
And then there's the ending paragraph. does it mean earth beat off the combine? Or is the uprising still going on?
pretty sure its addressed to Valve/Gabe themselves as a way of saying hes done with the series and that hes become disillusioned with them in its current state

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I mean even with the Borealis gone there's still the rest of the occupation force there - so presumably, still going on.
[doublepost=1503651823][/doublepost]
pretty sure its addressed to Valve/Gabe themselves as a way of saying hes done with the series and that hes become disillusioned with them in its current state
Also that.

nash

slimaaconroy-approved
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I wonder if Gabe Newell has just thrown Half life 3's script in the trash and is just profiting off of AAA games that are publishing on steam.
Smh Half Life 3 would ring out for centuries if it was to come out.