Matrix Resurrections

Deleted member 442

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
you might want to spoiler tag your post too.
lotr-ring.gif

Deleted member 442

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
was talking about the snippet stuff in the trailer he mentioned but okay, if you say so.

If they don't want to read trailer spoilers, maybe they should stay out of the thread discussing the trailer?

Also, the trailer was posted like 3 weeks ago, courtesy regarding spoilers ends after 1 week after release.

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae
matrix and john wick are very similar. a throwaway plot that an outcast loner in high school could've thought up, but a very kick ass action movie that excuses the mediocre plot

might watch it, but it certainly won't be for whatever story it offers.

Nebulae
matrix and john wick are very similar. a throwaway plot that an outcast loner in high school could've thought up, but a very kick ass action movie that excuses the mediocre plot

might watch it, but it certainly won't be for whatever story it offers.
t.speedwatcher

Nebulae
according to an interview with blue haired chick's actor, lana wachowski wanted to scrap the project when covid rolled around but was convinced to keep going

source: https://collider.com/matrix-4-action-scenes-directing-style-jessica-henwick/

im inclined to believe the "warner brothers is forcing us to make another matrix" plot in the movie is actually legit. there's no better explanation for why this was such an incoherent, passionless hot garbage. it simply has to be a fuck-you to WB and the market of fans who contributed to the demand for another sequel in the first place

Last edited:

Cindy

*sigh* ud know this if u read the silmarillion...
Nebulae
Disclaimer: I'm a huge geek for the Matrix, so I'll just toss out of the way that I probably have a significant bias for a series that I reserve a very deep appreciation for on an artistic, philosophical and sentimental level.

For all its flaws I still enjoyed it. Kind of reminded me of Prometheus in the sense that it had good concepts, good characters, good ideas, but an overall wonky script that couldn't really pace itself super well. Not Lana Wachowski's best.

It definitely doesn't hold a candle to the first movie (or any of the original trilogy, even) but there's some cool stuff in it. The meta stuff about the Matrix during the first half was really neat, and Neil Patrick Harris's character was cool (for a bit at least; why is the machine program a mysoginist LMAO like what was the point of that)

I feel like this is more of an epilogue than a sequel or reboot. I guess my overall review is tempered by the fact that I grounded my expectations in the real possibility that this was how this film was gonna go.

Lots to like, and lots to dislike for sure, but I don't hate it.

good foundation for matrix rp worldbuilding hehe . .. . ,,,. ,..

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
Neil Patrick Harris's character was cool (for a bit at least; why is the machine program a mysoginist LMAO like what was the point of that)
probably an intentionally huge contrast to the architect being an emotionless, vague terminology spouting character

]im inclined to believe the "warner brothers is forcing us to make another matrix" plot in the movie is actually legit. there's no better explanation for why this was such an incoherent, passionless hot garbage. it simply has to be a fuck-you to WB and the market of fans who contributed to the demand for another sequel in the first place
the film frankly suffers a huge identity crisis between the first and second acts

it's made worse by the reluctance to cover the machine civil war (which really would have HUGELY shaped the film for the better) or the destruction of zion/replacement by Io and instead shifts to "oh yeah we're keeping you two like this for energy lol go back in your pod" and separation angst between trinity/neo

I don't get why they scrapped Agent Johnson's scenes from the film either

Reactions: List

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
why is the machine program a mysoginist LMAO like what was the point of that)

there's precedent, one of the only insults agent smith made in the original trilogy was calling trinity a bitch

Matty

Proton
Nebulae
What a shit film.
I went up there with a couple mates and honestly after the first hour I was ready to leave.
Second the film ended we all just started dogging on it.
Turns out my other mate was completely ready to leave too so we were just waiting on our third to get up out of the cinema.
I'm not spoiler tagging anything because this dogshit doesn't deserve it.

Morpheus is half-smith half-morpheus LOL
The guy they got to act for Agent Smith didn't do a horrible job but it's pretty clear he got given a hayden christensen situation where the lines are just dogshit and you can't do much for it.
Keanu was cyber jesus as expected and used 'I STOP BULLETS IN AIR' a thousand fucking times
Trinity's the one now? Idk.
The Architect loses all of his power and is basically a rogue at the end of the movie but is alive
Clearly left open ended for a sequel.
God help us all.

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
The guy they got to act for Agent Smith didn't do a horrible job but it's pretty clear he got given a hayden christensen situation where the lines are just dogshit and you can't do much for it.
Keanu was cyber jesus as expected and used 'I STOP BULLETS IN AIR' a thousand fucking times
Trinity's the one now? Idk.
The Architect loses all of his power and is basically a rogue at the end of the movie but is alive
  • that's not morpheus, the real morpheus died during the 60 year time skip. it's just some program neo wrote before they wiped his memory again to make it easier for people to find him.
  • they only got that guy because they couldn't get hugo weaving because of some scheduling stuff
  • I think the gimmick behind trinity having those powers were her connection to neo/vice versa
  • neil patrick harris is the analyst, the architect from reloaded/revolutions was overthrown and deleted during the machine civil war, same with the oracle
ngl the movie would have been massively better if they focused on the machine war instead of the meta nonsense

Matty

Proton
Nebulae
  • that's not morpheus, the real morpheus died during the 60 year time skip. it's just some program neo wrote before they wiped his memory again to make it easier for people to find him.
  • they only got that guy because they couldn't get hugo weaving because of some scheduling stuff
  • I think the gimmick behind trinity having those powers were her connection to neo/vice versa
  • neil patrick harris is the analyst, the architect from reloaded/revolutions was overthrown and deleted during the machine civil war, same with the oracle
ngl the movie would have been massively better if they focused on the machine war instead of the meta nonsense

Idk why tf they'd time skip and give us discount morpheus. Man literally had a fucking goddamn joker suit in the posters for the movie.
Not gonna lie the second he came onto screen for the first time, in that awful yellow suit I started cackling.

Thank god they didn't get hugo weaving because he was too good of an actor in the matrix to get hit with this garbage.

Just have neo be the one why make it so fuckin cringe

Never watched the sequels to the movies bc I got bored once they got back to Zion in the 2nd one and stopped watching, thus I didn't really know much about the Architect. Still, though, it was stupid to kill off his power and then for him to just be a rogue program but untouchable because "oh i fawking know this system buddy..."

edit; Also Agent Smith LOL.
0 Goals and 0 achievement
just there for le epic flashbacks!!