maxenzie's annual summer computer shit-self

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
every summer, my computer (of which i've had 3) always goes haywire. every computer, every time, every summer

this summer, i have 2 funky issues

1. whenever my computer turns one, one of my fans immediately goes to 100% power, making a mega loud WHIIRRRRR immediately, even when there's no reason for it to be that bonkers. the temperature of the computer is 30C, like there's no reason for it to be doing that. i get a warning on startup saying "a fan is not working properly" but i only translated that, because of my second problem

2. my computer's BIOS and startup page are in fucking swedish. the desktop and language are in English, but all the startup stuff is in some scandanavian language that i cant translate, and opening up the BIOS just leads me with loads of shit that i don't want to touch because i don't know if I'm pressing something that says "brick PC" in swedish

I've dusted my PC and wiped it down, and its still on the fritz

Reactions: List
D

Deleted member 1405

can u list the specs if possible :grinning:

How long is the fan at 100% for? Is it just a few seconds or is it awhile?

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
can u list the specs if possible :grinning:

How long is the fan at 100% for? Is it just a few seconds or is it awhile?

indefinitely, when the computer launches it immediately goes to 100% and stays there

Have you considered that maybe your fan is faulty and that you should get a new one?

i don't want to consider that since I've had this PC for only 8 months and it was working perfectly up until today

that and the last time i made any adjustments to a computer it bricked and died, and I'm terrified of doing something like adding/replacing components

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
i don't want to consider that since I've had this PC for only 8 months and it was working perfectly up until today

that and the last time i made any adjustments to a computer it bricked and died, and I'm terrified of doing something like adding/replacing components
Shit happens, if you bought the computer pre-assembled it can entirely be an error from the company's side - if you have warranty I'd heavily consider finding your receipt.

My guess is that it's probably just the fan - because if it was any other part you wouldn't stay at a consistent temperature of 30 C, and you definitely wouldn't boot either.

Replace the fan, solve your issue

also list your specs

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
i7 10700 CPU ~2.9GHz
RTX 3070
16GB ram
8GB Vram
I think you're leaving out pretty important information

that being:
Manufacturers of all parts

The fan and manufacturer

MB and manufacturer

PSU and manufacturer

Is your machine watercooled in any way?

Reactions: List
D

Deleted member 1405

yeah the fan model and manufacturer as well as the motherboard model and manufacturer are important, I shouldve specified lol

verTix

Electron
Nebulae
plug your busted fan into a different header. if it's still going super fast then it's a problem with the fan. if it works then it's a problem with the header

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
i'd probably be able to like, check the BIOS to see if i can do anything on that end

if the BIOS weren't in fucking swedish

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
IMG_0829.jpg