Completed MDT Character Limit

RedMan

Electron
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
There appears to be a character limit for how long a report can be on the MDT. We like to detail the case as much as possible; to include all statements and observations; developments and other releated things to said incident. However, there appears to be a ~4,000 character limit for each incident report (I spammed the report with characters and started to cut down on the amount of letters to obtain a rough amount of letters that can fit into a report before the save button refuses to save the report. The amount of characters amounted to 3,997 characters to be more specific.).

Initially, I believed this to be a bug unique to myself, but it seems other Officers have been experiencing it too. Henceforth, I am now filing a report for it.

Upvote 0

FreeSpy

Atom
Nebulae
I was updating a report with another witness statement and I can't save it, this is the character count
image.png

boots

spooky skellys
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Probably done on purpose to prevent people from copypasting an absurdly large amount of characters in and crashing the server

RedMan

Electron
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
Probably done on purpose to prevent people from copypasting an absurdly large amount of characters in and crashing the server
Copying and pasting is client-sided, and it will does not affect the server in any capacity. Even on the server-side, there already appears to be limitations in place to prevent people from spamming the server with requests to update the database; the save button will not appear until a change is detected within the incident report, and the button is disabled once you send a request to update the contents on the database.