Nebulae
very fun to help out in, hope people enjoyed da silent hill ambience

if anyone has a clip from the finale w/ voice chat i would appreciate it

Reactions: List

Provingmedusa

Scourge of Antlions
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
I'd say I enjoyed the event to a degree, doing stuff off-server is always interesting so there's that. So here's the resident Transhuman's feedback.

The pro's:

The propbuilds, the environment, the ambience and the music were all fantastic. Map choice was also top-notch and it all REALLY sold that we're in Bucharest, or what's left of it. The citadel looming over us was a great touch to show just how close we were to it.

The limited PvE combat I was involved in felt nice, but maybe a little too easy. There didn't feel like there was much risk outside of the Shock Trooper.

The Con's:

Easily my first criticism. Too many people were allowed into the event. It should've stayed strictly to the people who signed up - and showed up - to the event. It got too hectic and it was IMPOSSIBLE to properly make out anything that was being said over the radio.

Some of the response times on a few things were slow but that's excusable considering the amount of helpers appeared to dwindle as we carried on, and isn't something I'm concerned about.

If I was to mark a moment in this event where I started to think "This is draining." was when my/our group encountered the Rebels in the underground parking. For a multitude of reasons, but also because it became impossible to think straight or do anything with clarity.

TL;DR - I liked the event itself but it was a simple case of too many people were allowed to enter who weren't even part of the forum convo detailing what was going to happen. This should be clamped down on in future events you do.

image.png

image.png

Anti-tankspy

Nucleus
Nebulae
i'd be nice and say i've had fun, unfortunately i've had very little of it

the event was very scuffed, and the most accurate description I can give of the event is playing a certain part in a game where you are stuck and are missing out on something that the gamedevs did not bother to make more clear to the player. this is the best possible description i can give to this event

it also did not help at all how there was more than the six registered people originally, the quality of the roleplay felt terrible with the incursions of certain s2kmongers and loot goblins who totally ruined the experience. no offense to anyone but I felt the event would've been more entertaining with the excursion of some certain people. not to mention the event being dragged on for too long and the rather unceremonial recovery of mechanic in a random metro (i expected some sort of boss fight or s2rp with combine/puzzle to be solved)

tl;dr the event was made for 7/8 people total to be included in it. the inclusion of too many people simply destroyed its fun and momentum

that's all i have to say, i give it 5/10 just for the atmosphere of a destroyed bucharest

A. Vaher

I make events of varying quality
HL2 RP Administrator
Premium Member
Nebulae
I'd say I enjoyed the event to a degree, doing stuff off-server is always interesting so there's that. So here's the resident Transhuman's feedback.

The pro's:

The propbuilds, the environment, the ambience and the music were all fantastic. Map choice was also top-notch and it all REALLY sold that we're in Bucharest, or what's left of it. The citadel looming over us was a great touch to show just how close we were to it.

The limited PvE combat I was involved in felt nice, but maybe a little too easy. There didn't feel like there was much risk outside of the Shock Trooper.

The Con's:

Easily my first criticism. Too many people were allowed into the event. It should've stayed strictly to the people who signed up - and showed up - to the event. It got too hectic and it was IMPOSSIBLE to properly make out anything that was being said over the radio.

Some of the response times on a few things were slow but that's excusable considering the amount of helpers appeared to dwindle as we carried on, and isn't something I'm concerned about.

If I was to mark a moment in this event where I started to think "This is draining." was when my/our group encountered the Rebels in the underground parking. For a multitude of reasons, but also because it became impossible to think straight or do anything with clarity.

TL;DR - I liked the event itself but it was a simple case of too many people were allowed to enter who weren't even part of the forum convo detailing what was going to happen. This should be clamped down on in future events you do.

image.png

image.png
I will agree wholeheartedly with every criticism you and everyone else will give. At a certain point I could see the cracks show up more and more.

I took far more than I could manage. Only two(deathwolf and sassy) of them were not originally slated to join, but still, I took far too many, and knowingly at that.

For a first event server event, I can safely say it was not a gold star rating. Far from a top-tier performance. I can say that this will not be repeated, however.

A. Vaher

HL2 RP Administrator
Premium Member
Nebulae
i'd be nice and say i've had fun, unfortunately i've had very little of it

the event was very scuffed, and the most accurate description I can give of the event is playing a certain part in a game where you are stuck and are missing out on something that the gamedevs did not bother to make more clear to the player. this is the best possible description i can give to this event

it also did not help at all how there was more than the six registered people originally, the quality of the roleplay felt terrible with the incursions of certain s2kmongers and loot goblins who totally ruined the experience. no offense to anyone but I felt the event would've been more entertaining with the excursion of some certain people. not to mention the event being dragged on for too long and the rather unceremonial recovery of mechanic in a random metro (i expected some sort of boss fight or s2rp with combine/puzzle to be solved)

tl;dr the event was made for 7/8 people total to be included in it. the inclusion of too many people simply destroyed its fun and momentum

that's all i have to say, i give it 5/10 just for the atmosphere of a destroyed bucharest
There was going to be something more elaborate, but my hands were tied trying to get things together. People grew impatient, it had already grown longer than it was supposed to, and I folded. I planned to have you tackle a significant threat, but alas, it did not come to fruition. There simply wasn't enough support available for the end I wanted. That is one of my biggest gripes with this. I don't believe I can fully feel the disappointment you do, but I can say that I feel a great deal of it.

Gyarik

gu
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
I'm going to be honest, it would've been much, much better if we didn't have a sudden overpopulation with freeloaders.

Genuinely, the beginning where it was just Boris' group was absolutely mint and chill, but then when we were in a big group it all went to chaos, at that point I just said 'fuck that' and wandered with @boots until we stumbled upon the crowbar creep (which was actually the only other fun part than what i mentioned)

The good thing was that the scenery and propbuilds were really good, but everything else soured me quite a bit.

SmoothAsMilk

Quark
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
Oh boy oh boy, here we go

Goods:

The ambiance was moody, dark, and enthralling, really enticing, the beginning was amazing, I had everything planned and it was going well, the tactics were working, and the perfect group. The map was a solid choice, and mixed with the map builds was the perfect storm for us to be in, perfect. The monsters and spawns were A tier, the monsters had great /mes and loot spawns were plentiful.

Bads:

Well, there were too many people, I planned a small team that moved quickly and quietly through the streets, but instead, I got an absurd amount of interlopers (we hate those) that just gobbled the loot that was so nicely prepped for us. And dear god trying to maintain a sense of militaristic precision/strategy while getting my chat feed spammed with shit was terrible, along with randoms running around just doing whatever the fuck came across their mind was absolutely painful. There could have been more direction, we legitimately had no idea where mechanic was or even what we were doing, and that forced people to get impatient/antsy always a bad thing.

Conclusion:

A tier job on scenery, ambiance, and prop builds was so good (so happy my artillery was chosen to be placed around), Dont let freeloaders come, they suck, many people walked out empty-handed because of it, absolute vacuums, next time add a little direction. The issues mainly stemmed from letting randoms in and a large group in, not much on the admin/planning side that could have been done, other than to not bring the randos

Score:

6/10 fun, but has some glaring issues

Andrew

Atom
Nebulae
Oh boy oh boy, here we go

Goods:

The ambiance was moody, dark, and enthralling, really enticing, the beginning was amazing, I had everything planned and it was going well, the tactics were working, and the perfect group. The map was a solid choice, and mixed with the map builds was the perfect storm for us to be in, perfect. The monsters and spawns were A tier, the monsters had great /mes and loot spawns were plentiful.

Bads:

Well, there were too many people, I planned a small team that moved quickly and quietly through the streets, but instead, I got an absurd amount of interlopers (we hate those) that just gobbled the loot that was so nicely prepped for us. And dear god trying to maintain a sense of militaristic precision/strategy while getting my chat feed spammed with shit was terrible, along with randoms running around just doing whatever the fuck came across their mind was absolutely painful. There could have been more direction, we legitimately had no idea where mechanic was or even what we were doing, and that forced people to get impatient/antsy always a bad thing.

Conclusion:

A tier job on scenery, ambiance, and prop builds was so good (so happy my artillery was chosen to be placed around), Dont let freeloaders come, they suck, many people walked out empty-handed because of it, absolute vacuums, next time add a little direction. The issues mainly stemmed from letting randoms in and a large group in, not much on the admin/planning side that could have been done, other than to not bring the randos

Score:

6/10 fun, but has some glaring issues
here's an idea:
shoot them in the leg next time. unapologetically. let them suffer. take action into your own hands.

A. Vaher

HL2 RP Administrator
Premium Member
Nebulae
I'm going to lay out all of the issues I made as it went.
At the beginning, I absently said no to allowing 'Ostarion' to use a custom item(that would have been able to give some direction). This was mistake one.

Mistake two is that I didn't think about what direction you would take- to me it was obvious, but to the boots on the ground... not really.

Mistake three is that I let too many people in. We had a group far too sizable, and I allowed this to happen actively without thinking.

Mistake four is that I did not prepare further ahead of time. I did not find a more suitable time for those who could assist, or those who were attending.

Mistake five is that I was too confident in the process. That I could manage so much at one time. So much was scattered and unable to be monitored, that it was terrible.

Mistake six loops back to mistake two- there was simply not enough information. For the players to get through an event, they must have a rough semblance of what to do. They did not have that.

Mistake seven was that it lasted too long as it was unmanaged in so many parts. The path. The interactions. All of it.

And finally, mistake eight. The ending. It was rushed. It was forced. It was bad. It was not what I wanted, but it was what I made happen.

There were most certainly many many more, smaller, compounding issues, but these are the larger ones I could glean. A few hours before hand I was having technical issues with the event server that should have made me reconsider, but I continued on.

The biggest issues by far was my clouding of judgment and deciding that it would be a good idea to allow so many people in at all, and expecting things to go smoothly.
I apologise to all those that attended. Especially to Anti-tankspy.
This level of incompetency shall not be repeated.

rob

Nebulae
pretty much what everyone else said, I wasn't expecting that many people, got a bit hectic

event actors did a good job & the atmosphere was nice though

boots

spooky skellys
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I for one enjoyed the event not being entirely on rails and giving us the freedom to explore and entertain ourselves by walking around the map and checking out the place and all the spooky monsters. I do agree there was too many people for there to be a concise narrative but either way I dont really care for the bigger narrative and I was happy with the fun moments we had.

My first reaction was that it seemed geared towards resistance/civilians players as us cp players were kept waiting. Not that this is a bad thing in of itself, the main thing I think could be worked out better is all the purple props and stuff at the beginning adn being kept in an ooc scene rather than an ic one where we could have started off RP (like the lobby of a hospital or inside combine infrastructure or something like that ) because instead I went to engage in IC convo but essentially it was just we are waiting oocly and we can't rly play anything until it's sorted, if that makes sense

A. Vaher

HL2 RP Administrator
Premium Member
Nebulae
I for one enjoyed the event not being entirely on rails and giving us the freedom to explore and entertain ourselves by walking around the map and checking out the place and all the spooky monsters. I do agree there was too many people for there to be a concise narrative but either way I dont really care for the bigger narrative and I was happy with the fun moments we had.

My first reaction was that it seemed geared towards resistance/civilians players as us cp players were kept waiting. Not that this is a bad thing in of itself, the main thing I think could be worked out better is all the purple props and stuff at the beginning adn being kept in an ooc scene rather than an ic one where we could have started off RP (like the lobby of a hospital or inside combine infrastructure or something like that ) because instead I went to engage in IC convo but essentially it was just we are waiting oocly and we can't rly play anything until it's sorted, if that makes sense
I really wanted Combine and Rebel players to interact in a way that they don't get to very often, so I'm sorry about that.
As for delays in response to you and the other Combine player, it was likely because of the headcount and difficulties there, so I do apologise if it felt like you were in the dust.

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
for something I had no idea I was walking into I had a lot of fun, I wasn't out to get loot and the pulse ammo situation was due to me misreading what Spear said LOL!

Pacing was obviously choppy and the ending came from out of absolutely nowhere but I'll be honest, the start of that event with me, Sassy, and the Jap working our way down from the attic and through the building, meeting with the NG, and trying to form an allegiance, only to see them get cut down fifteen minutes later was actually really intense from my PoV.

I do feel bad in coming because as everyone says, it was overpacked, but in future I'd happily be told to fuck off I genuinely jump into any portal I see.

I saw people mentioning loot goblins and I hope they don't mean me because I wasn't trying to break into any of those super-combine armoire's I just wanted to find Russo and the mechanic.

Having the shootout- and then making peace with the cop and OTA after a misunderstanding in which we believed they kidnapped Russo, was literally one of the coolest things I've done in an event, and it felt genuinely cool having the cop and OTA there to interact with, but not only that, but using them when we backtracked to open the variety of combine doors that were in the apartment, it really was cool.

I apologise to all those that attended. Especially to Anti-tankspy.
This level of incompetency shall not be repeated.

Bro don't apologise, it was your first event of this scale, you'll improve and we'll get some amazing things down the line, if it was a truly ass event people would have left halfway through (they didn't)

also one more compliment, I loved how you let us find unique ways to destroy the creatures, although it WAS annoying that they were infinite bullet sponges (I personally prefer a horde of killable than a duo of unkillable beasts) the using of the Vortessence to atomise one, and luring the other trooper to a 500 LB bomb and then detonating it, was awesome.

rob

Nebulae
the start of that event with me, Sassy, and the Jap working our way down from the attic and through the building, meeting with the NG, and trying to form an allegiance, only to see them get cut down fifteen minutes later was actually really intense from my PoV.
I was the Jap!

The start when it was just us 3 exploring the apartment block and interacting with the NG event actors was great, I wish there was more of that

deathwolf

GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I was the Jap!

The start when it was just us 3 exploring the apartment block and interacting with the NG event actors was great, I wish there was more of that
Yeah I wanted to keep us separated I oocly had no intention of finding the main group, but it ended up happening unfortunately

deathwolf

GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
also in regards to 'the interlopers being loot goblins' I just asked Sassy because reading all these posts made me feel quite guilty and I amassed a list of what we both got, if this can be considered loot goblinesque, I genuinely apologise, and I will give you all the shit I really couldn't care about the items:

Myself:
Mp7 + ammo
USP 45 + ammo
Crowbar
2 boxes of pulse ammo left to me by Spear-0
Plus an SKS I took because my main gun was out of ammo which I later dropped once finding the Mp7

sassy:
1 AK74
Some 7.62

Last edited: