HL2RP Memories of the Past

Ricsow

professional retard
HL2 RP Administrator
Media Developer
Nebulae
6 months after hell came to earth and dispersed families all around the globe, the ruptured cities of the past are slowly being reinhabitated. One may expect to find things that remember them of their not so distant past...

Use this thread to write down a small defining trait or two of your character, I will be using this to create small scenarios, scenes or interactions across the map for your characters to find.
No format, just be sure to write down the character's name and something for me to work with.

Coldflame

Proton
Nebulae
Lucian Davies is a student activist from NY who missed out on graduating by a few weeks thanks to the invasion. His plans to open a bar in NY were foiled by the relocation, though he hopes to use the permit in his new home.

Reactions: List

Maytree

Black Hole
Nebulae
Lucas Beverly was a son of family who owns a successful dairy, nestled cozily in the breezy flatlands of Saskatchewan near Regina. He and his siblings (An older and his twin-sister) sought to make a restaurant inspired by Italian-American in their local city. The three Canadians had already flown to New York and were studying the bustling food culture, but their booked plane to fly back had been halted by the Portal Storm Catastrophes. Lucas and his siblings were cut off from ever reaching back to their parents, and he would soon find himself separated from his family completely during the City's Quarantine Drills... But they all held onto their cellphones and devised a plan re-unite in Europe once the Evacuation have arrived on the East Coast.

Resume to present day... Lucas was only greeted by the sheet wrath of the Combine Invasion. The man was littered with scars from head to toe and stripped away of any hair follicles; A gunship shot him in the chest point-blank when he ran across the Manhattan Bridge, survived a Strider's Cannon Blast, and was slashed in the chest by a Synth Soldier. Lucas can bare his broken body if not for the death of the man who saved him in the Combine Invasion; Kerry Graves. Lucas can do now is to look out for himself in a world now ruled by murderous lobotomites, and to uncover the whereabouts of his family... If they survived.

Last edited:

Ricsow

professional retard
HL2 RP Administrator
Media Developer
Nebulae
I will rate posts that I've incorperated into the server somehow with Agree

Bounter

Neutrino
Nebulae
Anthony Kirston (PA) was a man in early/mid 30s of Scandinavian-American descent, whose father was a Scandinavian (unknown specifics), and his Mother was American. While not the most prosperous, they had a decent life, sadly any attempt of Anthony to get to college failed, which forced him to eventually join the US military, just to have something to do in life. Not sure how it was though, due to his relatively passive and more laid-out, calm nature, but ey, it worked. Or it would have, but he was put into reserve in his younger years, and would only be called into the army once more if need be... Which it was, when the Combine came.

He fought in the Seven-Hour-War, in NY with his own battalion as a Pvt (later MPvt), but unfortunately, as the name of the war implies, they lost, and upon their surrender, he entered a Combine Dropship, and eventually, became a PA officer under the Combine's rule. He sees it as a way to mock him and his fellow men, to put them as mere Militia, near trash. But, he has some hope, that maybe he will do a good job, and this dystopia, might provide some... SOME good things.

Richard Dooley (Business Owner) is a 28 year old Irish-British man, who originally, as it implies, came from Ireland, but moved into the US a few months before the Black Mesa incident, for an opportunity at a better life with his skillset of business work, and his ways to work around things, if need be. However, his dreams didn't end up being so great, as he unfortunately failed to grow, before the Combine arrived. Now, in this new hellhole of a world, he has to try and work out his ways of being a business owner, despite the hardships of the current reality.

Ricsow

professional retard
HL2 RP Administrator
Media Developer
Nebulae
Lucian Davies is a student activist from NY who missed out on graduating by a few weeks thanks to the invasion. His plans to open a bar in NY were foiled by the relocation, though he hopes to use the permit in his new home.
Lucas Beverly was a son of family who owns a successful dairy, nestled cozily in the breezy flatlands of Saskatchewan near Regina. He and his siblings (An older and his twin-sister) sought to make a restaurant inspired by Italian-American in their local city. The three Canadians had already flown to New York and were studying the bustling food culture, but their booked plane to fly back had been halted by the Portal Storm Catastrophes. Lucas and his siblings were cut off from ever reaching back to their parents, and he would soon find himself separated from his family completely during the City's Quarantine Drills... But they all held onto their cellphones and devised a plan re-unite in Europe once the Evacuation have arrived on the East Coast.

Resume to present day... Lucas was only greeted by the sheet wrath of the Combine Invasion. The man was littered with scars from head to toe and stripped away of any hair follicles; A gunship shot him in the chest point-blank when he ran across the Manhattan Bridge, survived a Strider's Cannon Blast, and was slashed in the chest by a Synth Soldier. Lucas can bare his broken body if not for the death of the man who saved him in the Combine Invasion; Kerry Graves. Lucas can do now is to look out for himself in a world now ruled by murderous lobotomites, and to uncover the whereabouts of his family... If they survived.
Anthony Kirston (PA) was a man in early/mid 30s of Scandinavian-American descent, whose father was a Scandinavian (unknown specifics), and his Mother was American. While not the most prosperous, they had a decent life, sadly any attempt of Anthony to get to college failed, which forced him to eventually join the US military, just to have something to do in life. Not sure how it was though, due to his relatively passive and more laid-out, calm nature, but ey, it worked. Or it would have, but he was put into reserve in his younger years, and would only be called into the army once more if need be... Which it was, when the Combine came.

He fought in the Seven-Hour-War, in NY with his own battalion as a Pvt (later MPvt), but unfortunately, as the name of the war implies, they lost, and upon their surrender, he entered a Combine Dropship, and eventually, became a PA officer under the Combine's rule. He sees it as a way to mock him and his fellow men, to put them as mere Militia, near trash. But, he has some hope, that maybe he will do a good job, and this dystopia, might provide some... SOME good things.

Richard Dooley (Business Owner) is a 28 year old Irish-British man, who originally, as it implies, came from Ireland, but moved into the US a few months before the Black Mesa incident, for an opportunity at a better life with his skillset of business work, and his ways to work around things, if need be. However, his dreams didn't end up being so great, as he unfortunately failed to grow, before the Combine arrived. Now, in this new hellhole of a world, he has to try and work out his ways of being a business owner, despite the hardships of the current reality.
While I've found something to add to the map for the first two, I do want to point out that you're not supposed to write your character's entire backstory, but instead just one or two traits or past experiences that have impacted them in some way or another. For example, someone having been a avid gamer before the war.

Bounter

Neutrino
Nebulae
While I've found something to add to the map for the first two, I do want to point out that you're not supposed to write your character's entire backstory, but instead just one or two traits or past experiences that have impacted them in some way or another. For example, someone having been a avid gamer before the war.
Right, my b, but I mean, it' not everythin and you could trim some fat tbh, I don't mind

DormNes

Quark
Nebulae
Ed's an avid reader... and couch potato... so he likes to watch TV... and vhses... and dvds... and had a PS1 and a Nintendo 64. And he's fat as shit so maybe broken vending machines.
I already have Mama W was here so I mean there's that. But that ain't MY Mama W so, BLOW Up or something idfk.