Microphone Recommendations

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
Hey guys, I'm looking to buy a proper microphone. I'm not too picky on prices but I want a reliable microphone that is worth its price.

Rod

remove bias
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I would say go for the AT2020+. Reliable, sounds RELATIVELY natural (some people report that it's too bassy. You'll have to listen to reviews to see if you like it, and take care of the distance between you and the mic and also potentially tweak it's frequency response with an interface.) Plus at more or less 120 bucks if you really wanted to you could use the rest of the budget on a mic arm/pop filter depending on the application (i would at least go for a mic stand the normal plastic ones mics come with are fucking trash and break easily)

Even though it has a cardioid polar pattern, I hear it's quite a directional mic, so you may have to rely on noise suppression if you're not playing in your own room, for example. It also has no microphone mute button on the mic itself, if that's something you're looking for (you'll have to set keybinds on specific apps to mute the mic, or pull the USB cable out when you want it to stop working altogether). Also, keep a good eye on the length of the cable (Which by the way is MICRO-USB to USB) so you're not pulling at the cable, struggling to get the desired distance.

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
I would say go for the AT2020+. Reliable, sounds RELATIVELY natural (some people report that it's too bassy. You'll have to listen to reviews to see if you like it, and take care of the distance between you and the mic and also potentially tweak it's frequency response with an interface.) Plus at more or less 120 bucks if you really wanted to you could use the rest of the budget on a mic arm/pop filter depending on the application (i would at least go for a mic stand the normal plastic ones mics come with are fucking trash and break easily)

Even though it has a cardioid polar pattern, I hear it's quite a directional mic, so you may have to rely on noise suppression if you're not playing in your own room, for example. It also has no microphone mute button on the mic itself, if that's something you're looking for (you'll have to set keybinds on specific apps to mute the mic, or pull the USB cable out when you want it to stop working altogether). Also, keep a good eye on the length of the cable (Which by the way is MICRO-USB to USB) so you're not pulling at the cable, struggling to get the desired distance.

I've got an arm so that should be covered, my biggest issue noise wise is keyboards but I guess there's ways to solve it, I have CherryMX Speed Silver so noise isn't crazy loud either

As for the length, it's pretty close to the PC so I guess it'll be alright

Jaydawg

Loves QA testing
Head Staff
Developer
Premium Member
Nebulae

Actually the microphone I currently have, loool

Rod

remove bias
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
don't get a yeti, it's reliably a bassy nightmare

if you're gonna go yeti get a Yeti X

Reactions: List

FieldersNL

heck
Nebulae
desktop-microfoon-mic-205-kabellengte-2-meter.jpg

Only for 5 bucks!

Jello

Roleplay
Nebulae
Hey guys, I'm looking to buy a proper microphone. I'm not too picky on prices but I want a reliable microphone that is worth its price.

Andrew

Atom
Nebulae
At2020 with any amp off Amazon mine is an m-track duo
Its worth getting an amp-based mic and skipping over sole USB ones
Snag any stand as well I got a $20 one from best buy here that works flawlessly you don't need an expensive stand just a well-made one

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
Well for now I went for a Fifine and it's cheap but sound is clean, if it breaks I'll go back to this thread and pick the AT or something more powerful.

Deleted member 906

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
don't get a yeti, it's reliably a bassy nightmare

if you're gonna go yeti get a Yeti X

so wait, you just told him not to get a yeti, implying not to get a yeti of any kind, yet then recommend a yeti. wat