Microsoft buys LinkedIn for $26 billion

Zak

Resident xenophile
Nebulae
Couple of my coworkers and I were talking about this at lunch. Microsoft has just announced they're gonna purchase LinkedIn for $26.2 billion USD, the first large acquisition from Satya Nadella, the CEO as of two years ago. We were kinda discussing what this will mean, and whether this'll be implemented with Office 365 or if it'll be MS's attempt at maintaining a standalone network, especially after their purchase of Yammer failed pretty hard.

Reactions: List

Zak

Resident xenophile
Nebulae
don't doubt it tbh, seems to be the route they've been taking with a lot of things recently

though apparently they're letting the CEO of linkedin keep his position, he just reports to MS upper management now

wired

Artwork Requests
Nebulae
I'm wondering if the site is actually even worth 26 bil. Personally I'd rather not get in-your-face close when it comes to networking. I've never used it, but I've spoken to several professionals at my school who absolutely hate it.

Zak

Resident xenophile
Nebulae
I'm wondering if the site is actually even worth 26 bil. Personally I'd rather not get in-your-face close when it comes to networking. I've never used it, but I've spoken to several professionals at my school who absolutely hate it.
They apparently based the price on shareholder value. At $196 per share it totalled $26bil