Suggestion Mors Mutual Insurance (or something similar)

Chezburger

american idiot
Nebulae
In the event someone's personal vehicle is destroyed, or the engine goes kapoot, there should be a way to get the vehicle back without getting a tow* or waiting until server restart.

Whether this is done through the phone, or a physical location, doesn't matter

Maybe the price that somebody can pay to have their vehicle replaced by insurance is how much it would cost for it to be repaired at a Benny's. Maybe an extra $100 for the insurance service too

*i understand this might be counter-intuitive to wanting people to roleplay but i mainly reference it for convenience sake. Like your car breaking down all the way in Paleto and needing to go back to LS, then back to Paleto in the event nobody is already playing a tow job and it's late. Or if your car is in a really tricky spot. Like down the crevice of Mt Chiliad where a tow truck is not getting there no matter what

Reactions: List

Cineron

Proton
Nebulae
Like down the crevice of Mt Chiliad where a tow truck is not getting there no matter what
I think that was me. I was surprised at the PD response to the scene and thankful to receive the tow and repair. I can only imagine how this could impact someone when there aren't any options available. I definitely support this idea!

Pyromaniac

rob-approved!
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
I think that was me. I was surprised at the PD response to the scene and thankful to receive the tow and repair. I can only imagine how this could impact someone when there aren't any options available. I definitely support this idea!
If you were the car stuck by the tree. Getting you (and me) out and free was an experience haha

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
Honestly as much as I understand the origin of the idea, I’m very against mechanical replacements for something that should involve players or roleplay.

Towing needs a fair bit of work so that it’s something more want to do, but I don’t think we want to just have cars teleporting in that way as part of roleplay.

Also in my opinion, half of the fun is seeing if you could get the tow truck up chilliad.

Pyromaniac

rob-approved!
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
Honestly as much as I understand the origin of the idea, I’m very against mechanical replacements for something that should involve players or roleplay.

Towing needs a fair bit of work so that it’s something more want to do, but I don’t think we want to just have cars teleporting in that way as part of roleplay.

Also in my opinion, half of the fun is seeing if you could get the tow truck up chilliad.
Perhaps introduce a mission mechanic to towing similar to how the chop-shop job works (Find a vehicle with a license plate, tow it back and get either bank or cash to also make it appealing to offenders since it's a job we need rn).

Perhaps add an app like the taxi-service to request tow truck drivers and assuming the previous mission-type mechanic/system gets implemented make this pay out more to make it more appealing by both interacting with players and mechanically being paid out more (potentially?).

All I got right now

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
imo having so many systems reliant on the players would be fine if the server were regularly breaking 100+ people at peak times, but at the moment we average 20 guys, which while it isn't small, isn't enough to reliably man everything

there just isn't enough manpower for there to be a reliable taxi service, towing service, insurance service, police force, and medical service without the entire server just being helping hands with no one to help, or loads of people that need help that don't have anyone to provide it

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
imo having so many systems reliant on the players would be fine if the server were regularly breaking 100+ people at peak times, but at the moment we average 20 guys, which while it isn't small, isn't enough to reliably man everything

there just isn't enough manpower for there to be a reliable taxi service, towing service, insurance service, police force, and medical service without the entire server just being helping hands with no one to help, or loads of people that need help that don't have anyone to provide it
I think you may be overstating the issue somewhat, especially in this suggestion. Vehicles regularly despawn, resulting in them returning to the garage.

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I think you may be overstating the issue somewhat, especially in this suggestion. Vehicles regularly despawn, resulting in them returning to the garage.

moreso worried that it may become an issue in future if everything defaults to being player-ran

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
That could also be a good argument against some player businesses, which I don't think is fair.

i suppose so, but i guess a key difference would be that people have proactively sought out businesses to run, whereas things like taxis (and presumably towing) are incidental jobs that people happen to do (at least, at the moment. someone will probably make a full-scale taxi business at some point)

honestly the actual issue is the hovering playercount, but that's way out of the scope of this suggestion lmao

Cineron

Proton
Nebulae
So when there aren't folks in a proper capacity to fulfill a request that prompts this suggestion, the player has no due recourse?

Cineron

Proton
Nebulae
Ok what is the despawn rate? And what garage would an owned civilian vehicle respawn to?

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Ok what is the despawn rate? And what garage would an owned civilian vehicle respawn to?

the big square area in the motel is a garage