Nebulae
also holy fuck is first person cool now when you're on a fast horse

i reiterate, fuck b*ttanians

Reactions: List

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Apparently they made a 1000 player mmo mod for mount&blade, it seems like a cool but bad idea, can the game even hold it

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae
Apparently they made a 1000 player mmo mod for mount&blade, it seems like a cool but bad idea, can the game even hold it

its a lot of fun i just won't connect or install some russian dudes mod im gonna wait for private servers

Deleted member 28

What a pathetic string of words
Nebulae
https://www.moddb.com/mods/bannerlord-online

Pretty neat mod honestly, I played a little bit yesterday. It's currently very lean in terms of content, but the devs are dedicated to continue development. In the future you'll be able to start your own clan, wage wars, and capture castles and settlements. The first server had almost 1000 people on it the other day and the second server had around 400. The combat feels somewhat delayed but once they implement NA and EU servers I have hope that it'll improve

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

Pretty neat mod honestly, I played a little bit yesterday. It's currently very lean in terms of content, but the devs are dedicated to continue development. In the future you'll be able to start your own clan, wage wars, and capture castles and settlements. The first server had almost 1000 people on it the other day and the second server had around 400. The combat feels somewhat delayed but once they implement NA and EU servers I have hope that it'll improve

Seems something that can be amazing given time!

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae

is it anything like the old Warband Persistent World mod or is it just one massive map with overworld view where you can go into battles and stuff?

Deleted member 28

What a pathetic string of words
Nebulae
is it anything like the old Warband Persistent World mod or is it just one massive map with overworld view where you can go into battles and stuff?
I think that the dev's end goal is to make the mod like the Persistent World Mod, but as of right now it doesn't have nearly as much depth. This being said, the framework is definitely there. Every enterable location (city, village, arena, etc.) is persistently multiplayer, meaning you and a few friends could travel to a village somewhere and work the fields together, or go to a city and fight in the arena side by side. You can also travel with each other and cooperatively fight bandits. The starting city and surrounding villages have hundreds of people in them and it's pretty epic to watch a hundred people try to efficiently grow and harvest wheat

If done correctly I really can see this becoming an amazing medieval MMO. It's hard to imagine all the possibilities of having a dynamic economy like this run by players, with people playing the roles of farmers, blacksmiths, kings, etc

Frosty

Schlong
Nebulae
Multiplayer Battle mode is finally out now for people who didn’t know. Not sure why it took them two years to release a game mode that 100% should have been out on launch mind.

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
hello its me 3 years late to a game like always

downloaded the game like 3 days ago and grinded it nonstop and i'm having a lot of fun but i think the dopamine has started to run out

ive tried the campaign, and once i got the basics moved onto sandbox

made a char, did tourneys, leveled up, got a fairly strong army of around 150~, have 2 holdings (castles) but it feels like theres nothing else to do. its mostly just been a grind of tourneys, get money, recruit some new people, fight looters, wait for war, kill people in the war, buy food, repeat

the diplomacy isn't that interesting, almost all the dialogue is just looped, there's no crusader kings style shit and inricacies to deal with which is FAIR its not that type of game

the combat and tactics is really fun but its really janky with parts i don't understand, like joining a battle only for like 95% of my troops to not even be present (they weren't wounded) while the enemy has like double the infantry and quadruple the cavalry (like i said i had like 30 nearly fully upgraded cav units but 20 of them showed up combined with some other friendly dudes for a total of 40). also the battle was supposed to be like 1k v 1k but there was barely 250 people fielded is it due to my shit PC and having to play on medium settings or what

i dont wanna sound like a dweeb but is that really all there is to the game

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I'd say no, but really yes. In the sense that a lot of the base game is not really the great for a long period of time unless you make your own challenges and story (hence the sandbox concept) however, on the previous mount and blade game mods were really the highlight of it. I am not sure about the current standard of mods in bannerlord but since the dev tools are supposedly better there must be quite interesting mods out there.

That said the most fun I had was doing a campaign with guerrilla tactics as a lone army of archers and cavalry with hit-and-run ambushes while listening to Vietnamese songs.

It's a fun game but imo it does miss a lot of features which is what shocked me when I saw it was """""officially"""" released a few weeks ago.

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
I'd say no, but really yes. In the sense that a lot of the base game is not really the great for a long period of time unless you make your own challenges and story (hence the sandbox concept) however, on the previous mount and blade game mods were really the highlight of it. I am not sure about the current standard of mods in bannerlord but since the dev tools are supposedly better there must be quite interesting mods out there.

That said the most fun I had was doing a campaign with guerrilla tactics as a lone army of archers and cavalry with hit-and-run ambushes while listening to Vietnamese songs.

It's a fun game but imo it does miss a lot of features which is what shocked me when I saw it was """""officially"""" released a few weeks ago.
idk why but im a bit of a purist when it comes to games and cannot be fucked to ever install and play mods so maybe it just isnt for me

but even regarding the 'creating your own story' thing the world just feels so bland, like i said characters have no dialogue, all the village nobles are the same, all the thieves are the same, all the royals are the same

i've played like 35 hours or so and i think with no exaggeration have seen and done all the quests there are. there aren't any interesting events like paradox games to even give a semblance of some storyline or arc you can build off of

in regards to interaction your spouse, companions, lords are all useless and like i said just repeat the same things (my wife even had a kid and i wasn't even aware until i randomly checked the clan tab)

idk how strong the mount and blade lore guys are but in that regard the world just feels so bland, you got the roman empire which split apart in the center, crossbow men to the west, mongols to the east, desert men to the south, slavs in the north and then the elves/scots or whatever they are. i went pretty much everywhere and it all felt the same

the cities and game are beautiful but theres also like no real reason to ever visit them outside of battles since you can do everything from the world map

im probably just giving it too much shit and wishing it was a game that its not, it does strategy and combat really fucking well but outside of that (aka a good 80% of the game) it just feels so bland

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
idk why but im a bit of a purist when it comes to games and cannot be fucked to ever install and play mods so maybe it just isnt for me

but even regarding the 'creating your own story' thing the world just feels so bland, like i said characters have no dialogue, all the village nobles are the same, all the thieves are the same, all the royals are the same

i've played like 35 hours or so and i think with no exaggeration have seen and done all the quests there are. there aren't any interesting events like paradox games to even give a semblance of some storyline or arc you can build off of

in regards to interaction your spouse, companions, lords are all useless and like i said just repeat the same things (my wife even had a kid and i wasn't even aware until i randomly checked the clan tab)

idk how strong the mount and blade lore guys are but in that regard the world just feels so bland, you got the roman empire which split apart in the center, crossbow men to the west, mongols to the east, desert men to the south, slavs in the north and then the elves/scots or whatever they are. i went pretty much everywhere and it all felt the same

the cities and game are beautiful but theres also like no real reason to ever visit them outside of battles since you can do everything from the world map

im probably just giving it too much shit and wishing it was a game that its not, it does strategy and combat really fucking well but outside of that (aka a good 80% of the game) it just feels so bland
Oh I agree, the empire management side kinda bores me. The combat is what I love about it, the massive army and strategy fight is my life and blood.

The workshop does make modding easier and I highly recommend the QOL mod's at least like the one that automatically recruits to defend your holds cause to me that is the most boring part of the game, just recruiting new people for defenses.

Kleis

Electron
Nebulae
hello its me 3 years late to a game like always

downloaded the game like 3 days ago and grinded it nonstop and i'm having a lot of fun but i think the dopamine has started to run out

ive tried the campaign, and once i got the basics moved onto sandbox

made a char, did tourneys, leveled up, got a fairly strong army of around 150~, have 2 holdings (castles) but it feels like theres nothing else to do. its mostly just been a grind of tourneys, get money, recruit some new people, fight looters, wait for war, kill people in the war, buy food, repeat

the diplomacy isn't that interesting, almost all the dialogue is just looped, there's no crusader kings style shit and inricacies to deal with which is FAIR its not that type of game

the combat and tactics is really fun but its really janky with parts i don't understand, like joining a battle only for like 95% of my troops to not even be present (they weren't wounded) while the enemy has like double the infantry and quadruple the cavalry (like i said i had like 30 nearly fully upgraded cav units but 20 of them showed up combined with some other friendly dudes for a total of 40). also the battle was supposed to be like 1k v 1k but there was barely 250 people fielded is it due to my shit PC and having to play on medium settings or what

Sadly for those that aren't much more into the constant strategy aspect, the game does lack certain oomph to it. I for example instantly fell in love with it and don't really get bored of crushing stupid vlandians as the Aserai.

Can relate with the city stuff though. At first I was really impressed by the coo locations - specially the tavern music, each faction felt really immersive. But then that's just useless, the only thing you go to cities for is buying workshops or changing their output.

Mods are more essential after all. It is understandable if you don't want to mod the game since that's a task the developers should have made in the first place, even more so if you stop playing because it bores you. You shouldn't need to spend an hour modding to get a better product.

But see it more like Skyrim, better it gets the more shit you pump into it.

For example, my little warband, Eagle Rising, Realistic Battle Mod and many other mods do give the game much more coolness. As well as the Europe map.

Can't blame you either way xD

I really felll in love with Eagle Rising and did some campaigning with it. The mod is great. Don't expect mindblowing core technical changes, it just edits the factions and adds some new scripts.

uTssfzn.png