Mount and blade warband advice wanted

Jimbo

Molecule
Nebulae
cheats are always good if you feel like skipping constant trade grinds to rack up dosh

Nebulae
Warband is one of the best games I have ever played, and I urge anyone who has the money to play it but i'm sure you get better advice from other players.

And try realistic mode it removes the quit and load back habit which kinda ruined the victory, well for me personally.

MODs to try
Gekokujo - Workshop and Internet http://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/3816/?
Set in Japan, very good but for me personally each faction seems to similar.

Suvarnabhumi Mahayuth - Workshop and Internet http://www.moddb.com/mods/suvarnabhumi-mahayuth-11
Set in Thailand area, has guns and it's own personal Faction Tree.

Red Wars (Not everyone Fav) http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-red-war-12
Set During Cold Wars/World War Era, Machine Guns but not a mod for everyone.

Reactions: List

Frankaloons

Neutrino
Nebulae
I love Warband, I'm here for any advice if you ever need some.

But yeah, continuing on with what the other guys have said, I definitely recommend getting some mods for your game. Vanilla's great, but can get boring after a while. Mods certainly help spice it up.

Erkor

Narrative/Lore Management
Nebulae
get floris

raid rhodoks villages

?

get mad butter

229B8CE30822342494813AC27565482140743412

D

Deleted member 243

For a startup early game army, use khergit tribesmen

they spawn with bows sometimes and even rarer on a horse

never go into battle against steppe bandits they're cunts and the couched lance damage really fucks you over

Instead, attack sea raiders and mountain bandits for early wealth and get into trading, buy from villages and sell in towns.

Later on, build up an army of swadian infantry and rhodok/vaegir archers, never get sarranid troops because they are shit

On another note, try Nova Aetas 4.0, really dope

Elizabeth

Lamb of Columbia
Nebulae
Ohohoho. Warband.

First off, I would say download the diplomacy mod. It's basically native but with a few extensions (few more units, items, ability to bribe lords to not attack you or to persuade King to declare war etc) I personally use the Clash of Kings (Game of Thrones mod) which has it already included which is an entire overall. Native gets boring fast, but it depends on what your character and your army preference. If you like an entire horse army, Khergits. Infantry, nords. Heavy cav, Sarranids and Swadia (Sarranids are better) or if you like defensive infantry, go for Rhodoks.

I'd personally recommend you to go horse archer and go with the Khergits. They're pretty bad in castles, at least so I've heard. Whenever I play with them they're alright against their neighboring factions like Sarranids and the Vaegirs. If you have an entire army of Khergits you will pretty much win A LOT in the open field as long as it isn't hilly. I personally use a large majority of my army being horse archers and a small percentage of lancers. (E.g: 100 men - 70 Veteran Horse Archers - 30 Lancers) Horse archers are so overpowered, specially against the bad A.I. At about 7 power draw and a master nomad bow or khergit bow, you can pretty much one shot kill anything. Just for party skills, use party main members like Lezalit and others. If they're clearly warrior classes just level their str up. (If you want to start your own kingdom, you can make them lords! But see if their royalty first, lords dont like making a low-born a lord)

Last edited:

zoo

Electron
Nebulae
For garrisoning castles, it's a bit gamey but the enemy only looks at numbers when attacking, not troop quality. Therefore, you can discourage attacks by stacking your castles with peasants and whatnot.

Moon

Quark
Nebulae
i think the single player and multiplayer are just as goodies each other. no tips though, I usually just cheat for most of it

my body is ready for bannerlord