Mount and blade warband advice wanted

Kirshbia

Music Junkie
Nebulae
So I picked up Mount and blade warband and the kiddo and I have a game going where we've ended up a major vassal for the nord Kingdom by the virtue of fuck it why not.

However I was thinking of starting a new game for when he's sleeping or doing shit with his friends.

Any suggestions for builds, kingdoms to join, etc?

Goatson

Guardian
Nebulae
M&B veteran here, played the shit out of it before it released on Steam.

Something I always thought was fun is setting out for doing a certain type of playthrough from the start.

Maybe do a playthrough where you build up your wealth by being a trader?
Maybe go for supporting a pretender to gain the throne of a kingdom?
Maybe try and become your own kingdom without being a vassal of anyone first?

A lot of possibilities for interesting games are there, if you have the patience to do something that is a bit more challenging.

Also, I really recommend downloading mods like A Clash of Kings and Floris Mod. Also, get Viking Conquest if you want something more realistic and challenging, amazingly fun, and has a proper story mode.

Reactions: List

Deerjohn

Nucleus
Nebulae
get 30 strength as first goal and 10 power strike, could go for 10 power draw as well if you want bow, grab a lot of nord infantry, vaegir archer and swaden calvalry; get companions and up their intelligence, have them carry you with these side skills and youre good

install perisno or and prophesy of pendor after you've played for a while, these two mods are lit asf

Mendel

Aboriginal Indigenous American
Nebulae
whatever you do invade swadia

PK2gjMC.jpg

Kirshbia

Music Junkie
Nebulae
whatever you do invade swadia

PK2gjMC.jpg

The kiddo pillaged every village they had on his last one the king showed up and out numbered him like six to one. He ended up getting our character captured.

When it turned to daddy turn and we got free I got the warband back up and took over most of his castles and praven. Nord huskars are good people I learned.
[doublepost=1474729469][/doublepost]Actually @Sir Goatson got any advice for if I try to form a solo kingdom?

Goatson

Guardian
Nebulae
Actually @Sir Goatson got any advice for if I try to form a solo kingdom?
Sarranid Heavy Knights, and some beefy armour for yourself. Go take a castle in the middle of nowhere, or one that has ny Harrison. After that you are good to go.

Kirshbia

Music Junkie
Nebulae
Sarranid Heavy Knights, and some beefy armour for yourself. Go take a castle in the middle of nowhere, or one that has ny Harrison. After that you are good to go.

Hmm any advice on how to take the Garrison costs? I mean I have a vague idea of what I am doing now. But any tips to give me a stronger start is appreciated.

Goatson

Guardian
Nebulae
Hmm any advice on how to take the Garrison costs? I mean I have a vague idea of what I am doing now. But any tips to give me a stronger start is appreciated.
You'll usually get enough money to pay for garrison and units from earnings from the castle and potential towns. If you play with the Diplomacy mod you can also do more things with your council like send out recruiters for you and auto train garrisoned troops for a fee.

Kirshbia

Music Junkie
Nebulae
You'll usually get enough money to pay for garrison and units from earnings from the castle and potential towns. If you play with the Diplomacy mod you can also do more things with your council like send out recruiters for you and auto train garrisoned troops for a fee.

Nifty, dumb question time. I take it say like my kid and I were figuring out but being in a land that is fairly constantly in deep war is pretty bad for your income, right?

My kid got the theory when we got praven for the nords and weren't making that much (hard to believe but he did spend a lot of time looting anything that wasn't on our side)

Deerjohn

Nucleus
Nebulae
you can farm cash using tournaments, you get around 4k if you bet max and win all, or you could capture lands for yourself, and hope your king isn't an asshole and give it to another lord; woo relations with the king, it'll help

by the way, what difficulty are you on now?

Goatson

Guardian
Nebulae
Nifty, dumb question time. I take it say like my kid and I were figuring out but being in a land that is fairly constantly in deep war is pretty bad for your income, right?

My kid got the theory when we got praven for the nords and weren't making that much (hard to believe but he did spend a lot of time looting anything that wasn't on our side)
Well thing is, if you make sure your villages go unraided they make you a fortune. Recently raided villages are worthless. That's probably why you had a bad income. Also, cities cost a shitton to maintain.

Nebulae
I wouldn't play Native, if you're not too far into a campaign- you can get 10000 different mods. Things like Floris (as far as I know, a better Native map/lots of really cool enhancements, 1257 ad (all of Europe + other stuff), Brytenwalda (set in dark ages british isles), two game of thrones mods, a lord of the rings one iirc... There's loads, and they've all got the base fixes that Native doesn't, like not being able to watch a fight if your guy goes down in a battle, or much much better diplomacy as a king, etc.

Check the workshop, I'm sure you'll find something cool. You can also export your character to save all his stats and gold (it's in documents\Mount&BladeWarband then, I think.

Kirshbia

Music Junkie
Nebulae
Unfortunately I don't own it for pc. Though I may pick it up. Thanks for the tips guys.

Also, Wtf is up with swadia hosting feasts in towns we're sieging he's done it to the point I got to see my kid raaage and seems pretty bullshitty

frogsap

Quark
Nebulae
capture halmar
20k in tarrifs every week
use that money to build velvet factory things and recruit many soldiers

i got halmar because the khan gave it to me after i lost my castle. thank you, sanjar!!!

Nebulae
Unfortunately I don't own it for pc. Though I may pick it up. Thanks for the tips guys.

Also, Wtf is up with swadia hosting feasts in towns we're sieging he's done it to the point I got to see my kid raaage and seems pretty bullshitty
something I've heard before:
"Swadia holds the center of the world map. This means that their cities, castles, and villages are constantly under attack from other factions.
As you would expect, this lowers the morale of the Swadian Vassals
To keep his Vassals from defecting, King Harlaus holds many feasts. He does this even when it might be in Swadia's best interest to defend a strategic location (or attack one)."

google King Harlaus feasts too, it's a meme at this stage

Mendel

Aboriginal Indigenous American
Nebulae
something I've heard before:
"Swadia holds the center of the world map. This means that their cities, castles, and villages are constantly under attack from other factions.
As you would expect, this lowers the morale of the Swadian Vassals
To keep his Vassals from defecting, King Harlaus holds many feasts. He does this even when it might be in Swadia's best interest to defend a strategic location (or attack one)."

google King Harlaus feasts too, it's a meme at this stage
butter king