Movie Megathread

Frosty

Schlong
Nebulae
Meirelles+4.jpg

Not sure if it's been mentioned, and if it has i'm just agreeeing with you aye. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0317248/ City of God is an actually nawty film for yous who don't mind reading subtitles.
100th post oi oi
Here, it's a film for those who want to see what being a dealer in these hard countries is like. In my opinion its better than the Godfather and Goodfellas since it's more relate able(for the hard kids of neb).
Besides, it doesnt have to be a good depiction of owt to be a good film, as the Dall said, it's just a nawty film.

Last edited:
Reactions: List

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
Has saving private Ryan been mentioned yet

Dallas

event guy
Nebulae

let's talk about this scene

spoilers for NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN

ok so this ending scene is one of my favs of all time
why??

because it says so much about the film and the characters without saying much at all
our protagonist is retired and reflecting on the events of the film, about how powerless he was in the end to stop evil things, how good people die for very little reason and the bad guys get away with murder

i love the silence, i love the weight, i love the ticking clock and the immediate cut to black

it tells us that life isnt like the stories, sometimes things just happen without reason, it shows that the world the sheriff knew once, the world of right and wrong, is no longer the world we live in

i fucking love this scene

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
what do you think of mr robot
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0137523/
Guy who works a normal job at day becomes ringleader of a terrorism based organisation that takes out capitalism based companies and buildings in hopes of creating total anarchy and freeing the people of their debt without realizing his partner in crime is actually his alternate personality

Literally a copy paste of Fight Club's plot but tinkered around with just enough to somehow still be entertaining

ruben slikk

life aint shut but a fat vagin
Nebulae
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0137523/
Guy who works a normal job at day becomes ringleader of a terrorism based organisation that takes out capitalism based companies and buildings in hopes of creating total anarchy and freeing the people of their debt without realizing his partner in crime is actually his alternate personality

Literally a copy paste of Fight Club's plot but tinkered around with just enough to somehow still be entertaining
i watched a few episodes late at night on tv and didnt understand the plot but it was an entertaining watch

just kinda cringed at all the anomalous shit with the masks and stuff

was wonderin if i should watch the entire show

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
i watched a few episodes late at night on tv and didnt understand the plot but it was an entertaining watch

just kinda cringed at all the anomalous shit with the masks and stuff

was wonderin if i should watch the entire show
it's ok, though i would recommend you black mirror instead if you haven't seen it

mr. robot is a last resort if you need something above average to watch

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
boi if you don't get back in here

opinion on 'Her'? Wanted to watch it but still not sure if I should

Dallas

event guy
Nebulae
boi if you don't get back in here

opinion on 'Her'? Wanted to watch it but still not sure if I should
it's brilliant

fantastic analysis of modern relationships, what we expect of partners and how we process feelings of longing and loneliness

basically, he fucks his laptop

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Do you do TV shows?

Dallas

event guy
Nebulae
mad men

my bad if you already gave an opinion on this one
literally one of the best shows ive ever seen

don draper is my hero
it's a giant delicate character study of a very complex and developed man, supported by equally interesting side characters
actually rewatching it now, the whole thing, i love it

Nordtrash

Proton
Nebulae
helo i am in need of some good scifi.

or superstuff.

please suggest movies that everyone hasn't seen ok? ok!

hello

Quark
B A N N E D
Nebulae
i think meet the blacks is a modern-day classic-- it accurately portrays racial tensions in a humble and thought-provoking way. george lopez as the president could very well be the pinnacle of his career, and serves as inspiration to hispanic americans.

thoughts?

hello

Quark
B A N N E D
Nebulae
minecraft story mode sort of reminds me of the revenant, a tooth and nail survivor thriller, with high brow commentary to the fight for survival in Syria maybe? just a thought