Serious My experience with WW3 server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rondal

And whole beasts of nations desire power
Nebulae
Tried doing that, still have event plans laying around from the old lore.
People ended up just wanting to devolve those into pure s2k, so I gave up on even trying.'

We can't change the players mindsets about the whole thing, what can be done is being more strict when people do just that, ruin RP events with s2k because "muh s2k"
You mean, you never tried?

Honestly, it's a toss up here. For the bi-weekly events (or anything under that category) it's usually a flimsy plan for a scenario where team red shoots team blue. But occasionally, we work on events over a longer period of time and they'll become something bigger. An example of this is our resident lore-change operation. There was a lot of planning going into it, entire operations that got cancelled because players did something else. There was a submarine infiltration and chase event that was planned, both separate of eachother but we had plans for that, however the playerbase gave themselves a different ending.

All in all, the point is that players have a choice, would you prefer bi-weekly events that aren't orchestrated like the lore-change event, or would you like a large and well planned operation situated around roleplay and solely that? I'm supportive of the latter myself.

Reactions: List

Charlie

Atom
Nebulae
This happens to me as well, the MEME problem and general nothing to do in the server for about 30 minutes ruins the fun, there's almost NO roleplay.

I was literally half an hour on the server, and someome an SCP. (Or SPC.) said "Understandable, have a good day". And other memes on the Soviet for general stereotypical unserious STALKER behavior.

This is why I only play HL2RP, the people one WW3 are meme people, you might as well call the server Meme War 3.

Charlie

Atom
Nebulae
memes are fine when its not just them but currently memes are all that there is
Memes are not fine????

Would any sane person that was conscripted into the army after a FUCKING WW3 bursted out use memes? They would and SHOULD BE depressed from the fact that they're shooting people that were once on the same boat as they were.

cns - he/him/his

The Winner
Nebulae
Memes are not fine????

Would any sane person that was conscripted into the army after a FUCKING WW3 bursted out use memes? They would and SHOULD BE depressed from the fact that they're shooting people that were once on the same boat as they were.
end of the day its a game and people just wanna have fun

Codfather

Shit fuck
Nebulae
Memes are not fine????

your server has 275 pages of memes too, it's just a game mate, wouldnt people be depressed if fucking aliens took over lmfao

Reinhart

there is no cure to anime
Nebulae
this thread is going nowhere
all you guys are doing is bickering and it won't change a single thing because roosebud already gave his input
if you think the server is fine, thats ok
if you think the server is cancer, thats ok
no point wasting time to debate about it because no one will change their opinion regardless

Charlie

Atom
Nebulae
your server has 275 pages of memes too, it's just a game mate, wouldnt people be depressed if fucking aliens took over lmfao
Yeah, I'm not saying that HL2RP is perfect either, but I see more people seriously roleplaying there, keeping memes and jokes in ooc
[doublepost=1497730667][/doublepost]
this thread is going nowhere
all you guys are doing is bickering and it won't change a single thing because roosebud already gave his input
if you think the server is fine, thats ok
if you think the server is cancer, thats ok
no point wasting time to debate about it because no one will change their opinion regardless
But something NEEDS to be done here. Staff should actually listen to !help, as I had to message it OOC, meet a guy that had the mind to respond. And staff should punish people who meme around IC, ESPECIALLY Soviets

Reinhart

there is no cure to anime
Nebulae
Yeah, I'm not saying that HL2RP is perfect either, but I see more people seriously roleplaying there, keeping memes and jokes in ooc
[doublepost=1497730667][/doublepost]
But something NEEDS to be done here. Staff should actually listen to !help, as I had to message it OOC, meet a guy that had the mind to respond. And staff should punish people who meme around IC, ESPECIALLY Soviets
talk to roosebud? make a convo?
posting about it in this thread is most likely not gonna solve anything

ruben slikk

life aint shut but a fat vagin
Nebulae
Idk if it's a fluke but I feel like this thread changed things a bit. Played for a while today and there was a lot of roleplay at least in NATO and @kairyi is telling me the same about soviets

ruben slikk

life aint shut but a fat vagin
Nebulae
You're describing two years as if that same person still sticks around now, which doesn't.

I don't think its very appropriate to bring up the past in this sense (in referrance to the lynch mob, which I did create out of lack of knowledge at the time - my fault) but you hold all right to do so. Yes, I did nuke the map at the end and I certainly wouldn't do it again, I destroyed a lot of shit and really was an asshole because of the quick rise I got to power over that time.

But, you fail to mention the time between the resurface of WW3RP and now. I wouldn't go out of my way to say I'm a completely different person, some of my old attributes I carried around when I went by my naive mistakes are still very much prevalent, but I have improved from my old mistakes and things are very different from how they used to be.

The short for me to this is, I agree, but my actions in the past hold no relevance to my opinion now, considering the past is over a year ago. I now have an active position in helping the server.
i agree with samurai u used to be a bitch but now ur ok so its whatever people change (look at me )

Roosebud

Molecule
Nebulae
Alright folks this has gone far enough off-topic now, can't we ever keep a big thread on rails? I trust everyone had a happy reunion here and all, I'm sure you understand I'm not going to respond to the 121 messages since I last opened this thread, I believe I covered the important parts, and we'll be taking up some things once the initial 'hype' settles

It's the Admin team, a fair amount of people who don't know what the hell they're doing.

Oh please. I don't know why you felt the need to constantly repeat you're blaming the staff team for whatever reason when you haven't been near the server since your resignation, but you can get off that high horse. Remember that you were the one unironically playing earrape serverwide using @playsong and driving into the Coalition FOB as clowns with earrape horns?

In any event, good talk. Locking this for now

Status
Not open for further replies.