Serious My experience with WW3 server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Codfather

Shit fuck
Nebulae
why are we dissolving this down to all the unseriousRP from players

UnseriousRP, or whatever semi-seriousRP is now what keeps the game mode alive. If we take the s2k aspect out of the game mode it'll surely die

Going from one extreme to the other is worse than leaving it as it is. What you need to do is slowly integrate the two sides of the game mode together

its a shoot to kill based server. FACT.

It always has been, never any different, it started maybe 40/60 tops, then we started lowering NLR timers, making events such as "capture the fucking flag" and lowering NLR down to 0

like, the SAME people that complain about there being unserious shit are fuckin' the same people that DO the unserious events and they do not understand that they're the role models, they're supporting unseriousness by doing all this shit.

For me, when that first NLR timer dropped down to like twenty from thirty, that, was the spearhead in the wrong direction for people that want it to be an RP server, because it's ridiculous.

We complain and complain and complain but we still allow a 10 minute NLR timer on the server as standard, and run out patrols that are 'MANDATORY'

Patrols shouldn't be mandatory, and soldiers shouldn't be looking for patrols actively. But hey, it's a game isn't it, garry's mode to me specific, who's age demographic is like 12, what do you expect from new RPers.

If you want to take things in a more serious approach. Make more RP events, make more RP closed-server events. and HIGHER THE NLR TIMER.

Even the people that came for the s2k are getting bored of the S2K as this map is so linear.

For soviets, it's, "Walk to the barn and die." Or "Walk to the city and die because no QRF can run that distance that fast"

So it just boils down to "run short distance and die" or "run slightly longer and die or get pow"

ddæ

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
why are we dissolving this down to all the unseriousRP from players

UnseriousRP, or whatever semi-seriousRP is now what keeps the game mode alive. If we take the s2k aspect out of the game mode it'll surely die

Going from one extreme to the other is worse than leaving it as it is. What you need to do is slowly integrate the two sides of the game mode together

its a shoot to kill based server. FACT.

It always has been, never any different, it started maybe 40/60 tops, then we started lowering NLR timers, making events such as "capture the fucking flag" and lowering NLR down to 0

like, the SAME people that complain about there being unserious shit are fuckin' the same people that DO the unserious events and they do not understand that they're the role models, they're supporting unseriousness by doing all this shit.

For me, when that first NLR timer dropped down to like twenty from thirty, that, was the spearhead in the wrong direction for people that want it to be an RP server, because it's ridiculous.

We complain and complain and complain but we still allow a 10 minute NLR timer on the server as standard, and run out patrols that are 'MANDATORY'

Patrols shouldn't be mandatory, and soldiers shouldn't be looking for patrols actively. But hey, it's a game isn't it, garry's mode to me specific, who's age demographic is like 12, what do you expect from new RPers.

If you want to take things in a more serious approach. Make more RP events, make more RP closed-server events. and HIGHER THE NLR TIMER.

Even the people that came for the s2k are getting bored of the S2K as this map is so linear.

For soviets, it's, "Walk to the barn and die." Or "Walk to the city and die because no QRF can run that distance that fast"

So it just runs down to "run short distance and die" or "run slightly longer and die or get pow"
Literally, upping the NLR to 30 minutes seems so simple yet will increase the rp taking place on base and elsewhere by huge amounts.

Reactions: List

Codfather

Shit fuck
Nebulae
Literally, upping the NLR to 30 minutes seems so simple yet will increase the rp taking place on base and elsewhere by huge amounts.
as i said i dont think that increase should me made just yet, simply adding 10 would benefit tho imo.

aiaininja

Electron
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Increasing NLR can even increase the ever so mysterious and rare field RP. No one's gonna field RP if they know the team they just wiped out will come back in 10 minutes.

Goatson

Guardian
Nebulae
If you want to take things in a more serious approach. Make more RP events, make more RP closed-server events.
Tried doing that, still have event plans laying around from the old lore.
People ended up just wanting to devolve those into pure s2k, so I gave up on even trying.'

We can't change the players mindsets about the whole thing, what can be done is being more strict when people do just that, ruin RP events with s2k because "muh s2k"

ddæ

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
People ended up just wanting to devolve those into pure s2k, so I gave up on even trying.'
It's also the fact that sometimes the people who are meant to be administering the events completely botch it or don't even show up to attend at all.

Angel

she/her/they nonbinary transfem
Nebulae
Honestly, I feel like the biggest problem in WW3RP is the hypocrisy.
People who claim to want the really serious RP environment and then second they get on the server, instead of acting how they want the server to be, start doing the exact same thing they criticize.

I wonder if someone ever made a thread that gathered general support for it in the past, like... long ass time ago, warning that unless we collectively were to change our attitudes, including the poster of said thread, admitting to his fault, this sort of thing would happen
profile_picture_by_enchga-db5mw57.jpg

August 18th, 2016

Codfather

Shit fuck
Nebulae

We can't change the players mindsets about the whole thing, what can be done is being more strict when people do just that, ruin RP events with s2k because "muh s2k"
i've seen the entirety of ww3rp's life span, trust me, it works

you barely played much back then so don't give me that lmfao.

You CAN change their mindsets by maybe not promoting it, it wouldn't occur, people think its okay when people making 0NLR events so cut the crap.

@Dallas made his events and they worked fine, best events in the server

ddæ

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
@Dallas made his events and they worked fine, best events in the server
People shit on CNS but he actually really tied the events together as kind of the middle man between Dallas and the players, especially when he played the cripple and shot the :heyzeus:. It's a shame that people who can actually rp let it slip and get banned/reprimanded for their actions- But enforcement of rules is what is needed at this point tbh.

Goatson

Guardian
Nebulae
You CAN change their mindsets by maybe not promoting it, it wouldn't occur, people think its okay when people making 0NLR events so cut the crap.
Hope you're not directing that at me, I never once made an event with no NLR or any of that jazz. I tried to do things differently.
you barely played much back then so don't give me that lmfao.
I don't know when yu're talking about, yes I didn't play back in what people call the glory days of LP. But I've been here for pretty much all of the old lore here on Neb.

And if you say it does work, why hasn't anyone stepped up to do it yet, that's my real question.

Codfather

Shit fuck
Nebulae
Hope you're not directing that at me, I never once made an event with no NLR or any of that jazz. I tried to do things differently.
dont take things as direct insults pal and dont make it about you.

I'm just saying some staff in general did this.

I don't know when yu're talking about, yes I didn't play back in what people call the glory days of LP. But I've been here for pretty much all of the old lore here on Neb.
my point exactly, I was talking about LP and that it worked, why are you getting involved if you just said here you know nothing about it
And if you say it does work, why hasn't anyone stepped up to do it yet, that's my real question.
again, my point exactly

Goatson

Guardian
Nebulae
I'm just saying some staff in general did this.
I know Leadcolt did a few at the start of his event stuff, but at the end with the help of people like myself, Lynx and Rondal we did RP events. Daraku (bless his soul) and someone else who I can't remember were the ones who started the server off immedeatly with 0NLR events which I guess thanks to that kind of became a norm.

I mean I'd gladly help any way I can by maybe rewriting some of my old leftover event plans for the new lore and get those to whoever manages events today. But I fear the main problem lays in staff needing to be stricter with enforcing rules ESPECIALLY during events.

Codfather

Shit fuck
Nebulae
I think we really need a 30 min NLR timer back.
ive said this for like a year and a half since it got lowered lmao

EDIT: Actually like 2 years now that I think about it, I've been around for almost 3

people dont want to even try rp as it just gets interrupted by a patrol or people that are taking part in RP that CAN rp, they just choose to patrol over said RP

ddæ

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
  1. up the nlr
  2. enforce the rules with a stricter hold and reprimand rule breakers
  3. add more people to the staff team so that more things can be monitored at any given time on the server and the very loose staff team dont have to work their fingers to the bone to try and handle everything (although i can understand it's hard to accept people for staff so its ok)
  4. don't promote people within the faction who do nay with it, you need people who can work cohesively and interact with everyone to promote and be included in rp actively
  5. stop getting at each others necks over rp lol, you can just play with the BOYS and have a good time
  6. stop making s2k events and centre it more around rp events with original ideas instead of 'air-drop flies over head!!'

swexs

Nebulae
I'm all in to get the nlr timer raised to 30 minutes as it used to be given NCO's and CO's on both sides will guranatee things to do in base instead of sitting around and going AFK

Codfather

Shit fuck
Nebulae
I'm all in to get the nlr timer raised to 30 minutes as it used to be given NCO's and CO's on both sides will guranatee things to do in base instead of sitting around and going AFK
that wont work well and will create afkers even more, i'd say up it to 20 and not 30 straight away but, it's not my call obviously

Oxy[Morons]

ส็ส็็ส็็็็ส็็็็ส็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็ส็็็็ส็็็็ส็็ส็
Nebulae
that wont work well and will create afkers even more, i'd say up it to 20 and not 30 straight away but, it's not my call obviously
just saying when i was fac lead and i forced my ncos to rp or get demoted for being worthless people were roleplaying after they died on patrol

cns - he/him/his

The Winner
Nebulae
People shit on CNS but he actually really tied the events together as kind of the middle man between Dallas and the players, especially when he played the cripple and shot the :heyzeus:. It's a shame that people who can actually rp let it slip and get banned/reprimanded for their actions- But enforcement of rules is what is needed at this point tbh.
Every Dallas event was the best, house break in was good and dr strange love was good. I'm not the most serious fellow and kinda don't take rp to serious useless I got an attachment but even when I went on WW3 recently the only RP I saw was one or two times where some people talked to a female and that's it

Status
Not open for further replies.