Serious My experience with WW3 server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxy[Morons]

ส็ส็็ส็็็็ส็็็็ส็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็ส็็็็ส็็็็ส็็ส็
Nebulae
So from what I can gather the issues you and 'the others' list as making ww3rp 'cancer' are:
  • The scripts implemented for stabilisation
  • The NLR being at 10 minutes
  • People being unfamiliar with their faction
Are those all? Because I'm happy to reply, I'm just not feeling having to make several long ass posts if we're going to have this on a bi-weekly basis
since youre actually taking the time to write structured, serious replies to people who have concerns about the server ill stop my usual cancer attitude for this thread and ask a few questions

- how do you justify the implementation of stabilization kits (and similar items) rather than talking to staff, and pressuring them to do their jobs more?
- how important do you feel faction leadership is? and how do you feel about your current one's performances?
- have you put those who try to come to the server for RP at a lower level of importance than those who only come to s2k?

and finally, what is your honest opinion on the current state of the server and what would you like to see improved, or what are you trying/aiming to improve

Last edited:

steambored

Make no mistake, this is a one-way trip.
Nebulae
Of course we're not going to take a new player shouting 'I'm a spy' and bombing everyone standing there as something IC

So from what I can gather the issues you and 'the others' list as making ww3rp 'cancer' are:
  • The scripts implemented for stabilisation
  • The NLR being at 10 minutes
  • People being unfamiliar with their faction
Are those all? Because I'm happy to reply, I'm just not feeling having to make several long ass posts if we're going to have this on a bi-weekly basis
There's plenty of more issues.

• The meme culture, the whole meme thing is out of proportion its absolutely amazing, literally the whole server revolves around memes. I've been on the soviets for 1 day and from the first day i see people crowding around a fucking dog and meme'ing with it, i dont want to see /me checks dogs asshole for a camera. or hear people on the radio say "the dog is a nato spy!". The meme thread was a mistake to begin with.
  • S2K culture, trust me this still exists, if people come here for s2k, whats the point of it being serious rp.
  • Its like you said in the combat formation, you're currently juggling 60/40 between s2k and other stuff. if s2k is the 60% of ww3rp, which is way more than its supposed to be considering the server does hold the title of serious roleplay. By the way, here's the quote from, yet again, combat formations

It's really just the truth that it'll always be a 60-40ish balance between S2K and other aspects if we want the concept to work.

#35 Roosebud, Jun 5, 2017

This is where you lose credibility roosebud, you claim that WW3RP would never work as serious rp. but the truth is, nothing actually has been done to do it, it failed from the moment it launched, the reforms it meant to have were abandoned, it returned to it's previous state, and now it's gotten even worse. Instead, you chose to make the server more accessible for s2k'ers by implementing stabilization kits, instead of harsher rules and admin control, you chose to give into what you were meant to prevent. We basically fulfilled gr4ss suggestion, this server is semi serious rp, but hidden with the title of serious rp. Nothing has so far been done to preserve serious rp, everything has been done to cater to the people that like s2k and memes, you can disagree with that but in reality, honestly, its true. So what if we lost 40 people due to stricter rules and better quality control, atleast then maybe the server wouldnt be a huge fucking lie.
[doublepost=1497645971][/doublepost]And let me add one more point

• NCO's and CO's being unfamiliar with their faction, does not excuse that they have to neglect what their faction is meant to be.

Reinhart

there is no cure to anime
Nebulae
i've read your entire wall of text and you make some valid arguments
but what in the world are you thinking
there is no way you can justify randomly blowing yourself up as a "spy", there are rules revolving auths and people worked their asses off to get accepted by writing apps and then you stroll along and pretend to be a spy without speaking to anyone
why?

Mistiare

Professional Pastebin Analyser
Nebulae
Back at the fob, they gave us all a promotion. Again. Every single enlisted recieved a promotion, even if all you did was sit on your ass and refuse to do your job as a medic and heal people, you got a promotion. Even if you were afk all event, promotion. Even if you had just logged in. Promotion. Screw development, here's a promotion you unnkown soldier. You're no longer a junior. You're now a fully fledged soldier who was promoted and denied development for no reason.

The promotions that were given out were only to those whom acted and deserved it during the event. Those whom sat on their asses and did nothing did not recieve promotions and neither those whom had just logged in. If you're going to make a ranting thread about the quality and state of the server, please, at least make sure the credibility of your points are accurate.

HumanRev

Some idiot who erps with Flippy and Subeh
Nebulae
All of my credibility stands behind the solid facts that I provided. I am sorry if you think Rdming takes away from its quality. If you read the thread, you'd know that one of my points was that: The staff treated me as a dickminge instead of taking my actions ICLY. My character was a NATO spy which commited suicide via grenade, taking many others with me. Instead of carrying out the serious rp protocol of taking everything IC, I was banned. Note that I am not complaining about the ban as I had no intention of returning to the server either way, rather just making it a note as to of how this server is really not a serious rp server.

I mean, WW3 definitely has some issues but no, you really did cock up your credibility doing that. Even ww3 needs char-authorizations from staff for that sort of thing. It's a check and balance, a good one it had that you yourself neglected and demanded others RP around regardless.

Reactions: List

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae
Radio OOC: Never ever ever in a serious rp community should an IC medium of communication be used for OOC chat. That is why OOC mediums exist. Every other military rp server I've played in has a strict ban on radio ooc. Anything said in the radio oocly is taken icly.
Yes. This is big for me. People can take their garbage to PMs.

Retarded/nonsense events: You can't just say that the bases's anti-air batteries took out a plane, but ten minutes later say that a plane flew by and dropped a bomb, as if that anti-air didn't even exist. I appreciate the fact that the events are actually fun and whatnot, but in serious rp, realisticness and whatnot are actually a thing. This is just one example.
Gives me ideas for events done to defend/sabotage anti-air batteries to bomb a certain outpost in events. Maybe that could actually be looked upon as useful.

Minging: Literally everywhere you look, you will see a minge fucking around with his grappling hook or jumping around. Bored? Try some passive rp. Go play chess with a comrade. In serious rp, minging around like that is supposed to be punishable by warning or kick. I did see some people take it IC and call the minge out IC however, so that's always good. But in all seriousness the staff really needs to step it up if they actually want this to be a serious rp server.
Yeah, but it's tiring for staff to constantly kick people who are trying to push the boundaries. Being WW3RP staff is actually very frustrating from my experience.

I can definitely relate to a lot of the issues listed. I tried to work on them in the past, but these three issues can definitely be worked on and I do witness them when I'm on as well. Working on these issues could help bring in more serious roleplayers at the cost of less serious roleplayers. It's something the entire community has to work on at a whole, not just the staff because the staff team isn't that big.

Shock

Electron
Nebulae
Okay. Whilst you make a lot of valid points, you didn't attempt to roleplay on the NATO side at first.

I logged on yesterday to find you, as Django, stealing a DPV. No /me to enter the vehicle, you got in, ran me over and killed me.

Having been respawned I once again tried to approach you to get you to get out, still in character, you got out after someone did a /me of dragging you out. Only for you to ignore that the entire thing happened and walk away to fire at the shooting range. Trying to confront you about it I hit you with a baton since you stole my vehicle from my engineering bay. Did I get a roleplayed response? No you turned and shot me before being shot down by all the other NATO members around you for attacking a CO.
[doublepost=1497646689][/doublepost]
My IN CHARACTER actions caused many people to die.
Hardly IC.

Reactions: List

ⓅⓊⓅ

Neutrino
Nebulae
I mean, WW3 definitely has some issues but no, you really did cock up your credibility doing that. Even ww3 needs char-authorizations from staff for that sort of thing. It's a check and balance, a good one it had that you yourself neglected and demanded others RP around regardless.
If it's got issues, it's got issues. I don't care what you think of my credibility. If you're admitting the server has issues, that alone already goes far enough to say something that what I said is in fact credible.

The promotions that were given out were only to those whom acted and deserved it during the event. Those whom sat on their asses and did nothing did not receive promotions and neither those whom had just logged in. If you're going to make a ranting thread about the quality and state of the server, please, at least make sure the credibility of your points are accurate.

Admittedly, I did throw in various insults into the thread, but you misunderstand completely as the point of the thread is not to criticize its quality or state but rather its role as a serious rp server. It doesnt' matter who got promoted and who didn't. The very fact that you people throw out promotions like pennies after just about every mission speaks for itself. Character development is virtually nonexistant. Furthermore, I can't exactly log back in and check who was promoted and who wasn't, can I? The character said she was promoting every single enlisted, so that's the statement I took in. Any other alteration to the promise is beyond me, as I was instantly banned. Sorry that the information I was given was not to your liking. Not that it matters anyway, as the point about promotion still stands. Ultimately, though, thanks for the correction.

HumanRev

Some idiot who erps with Flippy and Subeh
Nebulae
If it's got issues, it's got issues. I don't care what you think of my credibility. If you're admitting the server has issues, that alone already goes far enough to say something that what I said is in fact credible.

Every server has issues my dude, also:

Okay. Whilst you make a lot of valid points, you didn't attempt to roleplay on the NATO side at first.

I logged on yesterday to find you, as Django, stealing a DPV. No /me to enter the vehicle, you got in, ran me over and killed me.

Having been respawned I once again tried to approach you to get you to get out, still in character, you got out after someone did a /me of dragging you out. Only for you to ignore that the entire thing happened and walk away to fire at the shooting range. Trying to confront you about it I hit you with a baton since you stole my vehicle from my engineering bay. Did I get a roleplayed response? No you turned and shot me before being shot down by all the other NATO members around you for attacking a CO.

Hardly IC.

Yeah I don't think you're the kind of person ANY serious RP server (or semi-serious for that matter) wants, Pup.

Sorry, but you're not Jesus.

ⓅⓊⓅ

Neutrino
Nebulae

[doublepost=1497646689][/doublepost]
Hardly IC.
In the thread, I mentioned that upon creating my characters, I pretended to be a minge who didn't know anything about roleplay. Sorry for the damage :(

Shock

Electron
Nebulae
Every server has issues my dude, also:

Yeah I don't think you're the kind of person ANY serious RP server (or semi-serious for that matter) wants, Pup.

Sorry, but you're not Jesus.
Is this aimed at me or the situation i described?

ruben slikk

life aint shut but a fat vagin
Nebulae
In the thread, I mentioned that upon creating my characters, I pretended to be a minge who didn't know anything about roleplay. Sorry for the damage :(
ok i understand your points in the thread (most of them valid) but if you're gonna act like a minge people aren't going to be very keen to take you seriously and help you out. in a perfect world everyone would help minges out and teach them how to rp but you know as well as i do that almost nobody wants to do that

ⓅⓊⓅ

Neutrino
Nebulae
ok i understand your points in the thread (most of them valid) but if you're gonna act like a minge people aren't going to be very keen to take you seriously and help you out. in a perfect world everyone would help minges out and teach them how to rp but you know as well as i do that almost nobody wants to do that
Fine by me. I'm not asking others to listen to me if they don't want to, rather just listen to the points and facts, like you did. Thanks : )

Nebulae
you really did cock up your credibility doing that. Even ww3 needs char-authorizations from staff for that sort of thing. It's a check and balance, a good one it had that you yourself neglected and demanded others RP around regardless.
Regardless, the points provided are valid. To overshadow the valid points provided over the rules he broke is extremely stupid.

Every server has issues my dude,:
Exactly, that's the whole point of this thread. Point them out and fix them.

Anyways, I doubt this sort of S2K mentality can be fixed. It's been going on since LP, albeit to a smaller scale. Even if the other issues you stated can be fixed, i.e bad trainers, minges, the problem will always lie in the playerbase. They've grown to adopt and S2K mentality, instead of an RP mentality, hence why you see Special Forces (yes, the ones who are supposed to 'spearhead the passive roleplay initiative' or somethign like that) grapple around and jump around with CSGO player names as their nicknames.

ⓅⓊⓅ

Neutrino
Nebulae
i've read your entire wall of text and you make some valid arguments
but what in the world are you thinking
there is no way you can justify randomly blowing yourself up as a "spy", there are rules revolving auths and people worked their asses off to get accepted by writing apps and then you stroll along and pretend to be a spy without speaking to anyone
why?

I wasn't going to play on the server anymore, so I decided to go out with a bang. Regardless of the ban, I would've left the server and made this thread.
[doublepost=1497647948][/doublepost]@Roosebud
I think the easiest solution for the supposed problem right now is to switch the sever 's structure from serious rp to semi-serious rp

Status
Not open for further replies.