National Guard Comments, Complaints, and Criticisms

Flippy

stoner rp
Nebulae
OOCly? because it would be boring if they raided inactive/unoccupied places, and because i want to tell a story of a government oppressing its own people in the name of paranoid hypermilitarization

it was very explicitly stated that being occupied by the NG would not impact your ability to sell your goods and services, it would just mean your store would act as an outpost for NG troops on the side. its not about tokens, its about NG wanting to have bases all over the city to fight weeks of combine terrorism which has gone unanswered

that's the point ;)
Got ya, was honestly just wondering from an IC POV really so thanks for clearing that up :)

have you considered that the NG is at war with the current bucharest population, and that most active businesses cooperate with the CTE or rebels?
Nope! Which is why I was asking - thanks for clarification

Last edited:
Reactions: List
Nebulae
Honest question here;

What's the reason for NG taking over a store when there are several empty ones dotted around the map? I mean, an army walking into a place of business, that's generating rent for the government, them just walking in like that would ruin custom, impacting sales, resulting in the business ability to make money due to overheads until it just stops, the business unable to pay anymore. Business goes under, government lose their 150T (sometimes more) a week plus the orders for stock. Less customers, less order for stock, less chance you'll get your rent. Just seems a bit backwards. Not to mention the man power and equipment they'd need to supply for any losses and the souring of relations between the Government and the rebels.

Seems as if NG taking over a store does more harm than good to the government.
So from what I know (Not supporting or against) But The stores act as *Capture Objectives* for us and when we hold them we gain unique items I.E better food. Weapons. ect which is why we have a motivation to do so as those resources are funneled icly directly to the state.

ovxy

infamous instigator
Media Developer
Premium Member
Nebulae
despite having fun today, there were a few shortcomings which left a sour taste in my mouth

First of all, before engaging in any sort of combat we (the resistance) were oocly assured that our actions post-raid will not affect Boris' trial whatsoever, just for that to be seemingly overturned as engagements died down and his trial was delayed by a day. Makes people in charge look less trustworthy.

Second of all, taking out two tanks after having yours blown up is just refusing to lose, especially since a new restriction was suddenly introduced, restricing rebels to only using one RPG per day. So not only do our armored vehicles get one life a day, it seems our launchers suddenly jam after one use. Rockets are extremely limited, and cost like 5k tokens per (launcher is 12k), restricting them is dumb.

I know you are "big bad army" but as I said before, tanks aren't fun if you can't counter them, just like snipers

Last edited:

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Second of all, taking out two tanks after having yours blown up is just refusing to lose, especially since a new restriction was suddenly introduced, restricing rebels to only using one RPG per day. So not only do our armored vehicles get one life a day, it seems our launchers suddenly jam after one use. Rockets are extremely limited, and cost like 5k tokens per (launcher is 12k), restricting them is dumb.

I do just want to say the second tank was brought out specifically because the gunner couldn't fire due to getting in with a gun equipped and the rebel on the other end accidentally exited his vehicle at a shit time due to a misclick and would have lost his launcher otherwise when he was killed and the launcher stolen.

It was deemed fair to both sides to void that particular death.

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I do just want to say the second tank was brought out specifically because the gunner couldn't fire due to getting in with a gun equipped and the rebel on the other end accidentally exited the vehicle and would have lost his launcher otherwise when he was killed and the launcher stolen.
no we wiped out two tanks that day, then two more got sent out, so that's 4 tanks total to get 1 single Ørsted owned Armband piloted tank

Andrew

Atom
Nebulae
despite having fun today, there were a few shortcomings which left a sour taste in my mouth

First of all, before engaging in any sort of combat we (the resistance) were oocly assured that our actions post-raid will not affect Boris' trial whatsoever, just for that to be seemingly overturned as engagements died down and his trial was delayed by a day. Makes people in charge look less trustworthy.

I know you are "big bad army" but as I said before, tanks aren't fun if you can't counter them, just like snipers
not to play devils advocate but im not sure what you expected from just waiting until the timer was over to start an assault

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
not to play devils advocate but im not sure what you expected from just waiting until the timer was over to start an assault
we got told it wouldn't affect it, we wouldn't have attacked otherwise

Nebulae

you were told that as long as the store fight wasnt lost, boris wouldnt die, not that his trial would be unaffected. boris has so far not died so i feel that this is still held true to an extent

it just didn't make sense to me to let him go in the middle of rebels running around constantly blowing up tanks and shooting up NG. from the marshal's pov the pardons offered as a result of these trials are a courtesy, and it doesn't look good to release a man into the wild while his friends are still more or less getting up to the same actions as they were before ( literally at the same moment that they are shooting up NG), just "technically" outside of a raid. add to the fact that a t34 was brought out, which in the CTE's store desc says will draw the worst kind of attention and you get a situation where it really makes the NG look even more terrible than they already do if they choose to let boris go then and there

it's in bad faith ICly, yes, but so was the rebels' attempt at wriggling away from the dilemma they were presented. you can't expect a dictator to act in a trustworthy manner if you aren't either

i think after an entire week of consistently accepting losses, the NG are allowed to refuse to lose sometimes, otherwise you have 0 reason to respect the fact that they are the local standing army. this is the way that civil protection kept their stranglehold on cityRP if you remember, it's the exact same thing you (and i) were a part of and the exact same thing that has attracted countless complaints in the past; only this time its about a force that has taken nothing but Ls for your and the story's sake since day one

it seems our launchers suddenly jam after one use

AT-4s are disposable one-shot launchers irl, so as a matter of fact they do

i believe that's how NG felt as well when their only tank gunner died in a confrontation to yours apparently because of some keybind that made them unable to shoot, and mind you they don't have any RPGs of their own. i watched some random private unironically start punching your tank out of frustration it looked stupid

thus far the tanks have only come out because yours have, or in situations where the NG were already severely outnumbered, or in situations where it actually wouldve been detriment for you to win regardless (these past two 'hostage' situations, etc.). we are not inconsiderate with their use and i personally intervene when that isnt the case, but most of the time, it is

i respect these sentiments and i am glad you had fun despite this but i can only make this faction so much of a punching bag before its own players get tired and stop playing (as they almost did a while ago). at some point the rebel power fantasy has to end, even if it's upsetting

Nebulae
i knew you would say that, but they aren't like that on the server since they are based on the HL2 launcher so this argument is pointless

yeah its pretty pointless to make sarcastic remarks about how a weapon functions ingame because youre annoyed about OOC changes

if thats all you got out of it then shrug

Andrew

Atom
Nebulae
you were told that as long as the store fight wasnt lost, boris wouldnt die, not that his trial would be unaffected. boris has so far not died so i feel that this is still held true to an extent

it just didn't make sense to me to let him go in the middle of rebels running around constantly blowing up tanks and shooting up NG. from the marshal's pov the pardons offered as a result of these trials are a courtesy, and it doesn't look good to release a man into the wild while his friends are still more or less getting up to the same actions as they were before ( literally at the same moment that they are shooting up NG), just "technically" outside of a raid. add to the fact that a t34 was brought out, which in the CTE's store desc says will draw the worst kind of attention and you get a situation where it really makes the NG look even more terrible than they already do if they choose to let boris go then and there

it's in bad faith ICly, yes, but so was the rebels' attempt at wriggling away from the dilemma they were presented. you can't expect a dictator to act in a trustworthy manner if you aren't either

i think after an entire week of consistently accepting losses, the NG are allowed to refuse to lose sometimes, otherwise you have 0 reason to respect the fact that they are the local standing army. this is the way that civil protection kept their stranglehold on cityRP if you remember, it's the exact same thing you (and i) were a part of and the exact same thing that has attracted countless complaints in the past; only this time its about a force that has taken nothing but Ls for your and the story's sake since day one

AT-4s are disposable one-shot launchers irl, so as a matter of fact they do

i believe that's how NG felt as well when their only tank gunner died in a confrontation to yours apparently because of some keybind that made them unable to shoot, and mind you they don't have any RPGs of their own. i watched some random private unironically start punching your tank out of frustration it looked stupid

thus far the tanks have only come out because yours have, or in situations where the NG were already severely outnumbered, or in situations where it actually wouldve been detriment for you to win regardless (these past two 'hostage' situations, etc.). we are not inconsiderate with their use and i personally intervene when that isnt the case, but most of the time, it is

i respect these sentiments and i am glad you had fun despite this but i can only make this faction so much of a punching bag before its own players get tired and stop playing (as they almost did a while ago). at some point the rebel power fantasy has to end, even if it's upsetting
i decided to do tank mythbusters

after literally hitting every single key on my keyboard, both with shift, ctrl, and BOTH held, I have come to a conclusion.

The man driving that tank found a keybind that not even a dedicated gamer like myself could find. A true magician.
Props to him for punching the tank.

Nebulae
i decided to do tank mythbusters

after literally hitting every single key on my keyboard, both with shift, ctrl, and BOTH held, I have come to a conclusion.

The man driving that tank found a keybind that not even a dedicated gamer like myself could find. A true magician.
Props to him for punching the tank.

wasnt that you

STUCK IN A CAKE

Molecule
Nebulae
They probably disabled the turret (slow walk by default).