National Guard Comments, Complaints, and Criticisms

ovxy

infamous instigator
Media Developer
Premium Member
Nebulae
the at4 has been on the server for ages and adjusted on multiple occasions (real ones remember 60 reserve rockets)
never heard of single-shot being mentioned as a change

Reactions: List

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
why are you all making a big deal over what was planned to happen ages ago

the only reason they aren't one shot is because we have no developers right now
a seperate item isn't an issue but that's not what was originally said

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
Before any accusations are thrown around, I'll add some context.
I arranged a meeting with the armbands to discuss something on my Vortigaunt, and the national guard approached on foot and with APC. The whole thing devolved into s2k between the humans - with the guards dead and APC destroyed few seconds after. Now, a lot of accusations were thrown around both IC and OOC, and I just want to be certain about the latter.
Who shot first?

Provingmedusa

Scourge of Antlions
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
Before any accusations are thrown around, I'll add some context.
I arranged a meeting with the armbands to discuss something on my Vortigaunt, and the national guard approached on foot and with APC. The whole thing devolved into s2k between the humans - with the guards dead and APC destroyed few seconds after. Now, a lot of accusations were thrown around both IC and OOC, and I just want to be certain about the latter.
Who shot first?
Logs were pulled, a NG guy shot first. He says it was a misfire but couldn't tell people in LOOC before all hell broke loose.

Provingmedusa

Scourge of Antlions
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
I just knew they were the bad guys!!
han_soloi.jpg

Why don't the Star Wars community just pull the logs? Then they'd find out who shot first.

rob

Nebulae
I'll admit that there needs to be quality control regarding some NG members but please don't let it paint the entire picture of us, I and some others are putting some genuine effort into it

Nebulae
tired old turn of the phrase but if you feel a specific NG member is going overboard with the whole state repression thing just send me a DM. with the lack of any sort of IC ""anonymity"" it is much easier to single out the ""problem people"". could even hunt after them ICly

rob

Nebulae
posting this as an NG who took part in the attack:

mortar spam, what was that all about?

3 waves? who authed that police car?

other than that, I had fun

flowerbroth

Quark
Nebulae
Apparently ARK authed the police car according to @STUCK IN A CAKE
We, the people in the car, actually only got into the base once everyone was dead.
there were still two or three rebels alive (inside the base) when you got on the scene, there were also many many more outside the base trying to attack

you showing up in the cop car caused the two-four rebels to push back and run away from the base. had you not showed up, things would've played out differently imo as a group of rebels were actively pushing toward shield once Hyun threw a grenade at the tank.

Ron

Developer
Developer
HL2 RP Server Director
Nebulae
I was firing a majority of the mortars and they were

/MortarStrike 100 5 1 70

And then once I noticed they were not doing much damage to people close, I upped it to 3 (higher radius), 70 is the damage, 1 is the radius

/MortarStrike 100 5 3 70

Another admin took over the mortars after me. I believe my mortars hit 2 people in total and I used them in a consistent and area denial method.

so yes, there was a lot from me, but they didn't hit too many as I try to be fair with them

Nebulae

it was about the mortars not working and not doing shit to unreachable rebels on rooftops

3 waves? who authed that police car?

me

I was firing a majority of the mortars and they were

/MortarStrike 100 5 1 70

And then once I noticed they were not doing much damage to people close, I upped it to 3 (higher radius), 70 is the damage, 1 is the radius

/MortarStrike 100 5 3 70

Another admin took over the mortars after me. I believe my mortars hit 2 people in total and I used them in a consistent and area denial method.

so yes, there was a lot from me, but they didn't hit too many as I try to be fair with them

yeah i shouldve told you i tried some mortars with vastly more damage but made sure to fire them in more or less the same positions that you did (and kept them consistent as i could throughout). the rebels that died to it would either walk into those positions themselves or had already taken a million mortars to the face that seemed bugged somehow and should have died regardless

Nebulae
Hey, I was the dude on the Mortar.

Basically how it went was I loaded up the Mortar and shot the shit out of any target I'm given. The problem is that I often wasn't given any targets and I didn't want to shoot aimlessly in fear of friendly fire, so I kinda just sat around and waited until (Often Sneed) gave me a target to shoot at.

I wasn't in control of actually SHOOTING the mortar I just gave the admins directions

Reggie

fresh prince of baghdad
Nebulae
i'm of the opinion this should be voided and everyone gets refunded- the second and consequent third wave were unfair and overzealous in my opinion. 'waves' are typically used when the numbers are unbalanced, and the rebels may have had a slight advantage in this regard, although some of them were not fighters. the second wave was meant to be smaller when it was announced but it wasn't and the third wave was also not announced like the second one was.