Nebulous book thread

Goatson

Guardian
Nebulae
I'm honestly surprised with how many people are in our community who enjoy reading that there isn't a book thread active
The closest I could find was a comics thread and I mean I'm not a comic fan so ye

Personally I'm a big fan of the sci-fi and fantasy genres, especially post-apocalyptic and alternate history sci-fi, and any fantasy that is more realistic without the magic and weird creature stuff (though I do also like the Warcraft universe).

Personally I like collecting the physical copies of books I read rather than eBooks and stuff, so I have a large collection containing things like the Warcraft novels and books, Ender's Game, a collection of different Swedish alternate history stuff, Metro, and the list goes on. Recently I got myself the first Warcraft Chronicles book which I really recommend to any Warcraft fan, it's basically the perfect blend of a fantasy story and what really feels like a book summarizing the history of the world that could exist inside the Warcraft universe, complete with beautiful art and a nice cover for collectors like myself.

So what is some of the rest of the communities favourite books and novels? Any you would recommend to others?

Reactions: List

Oxy[Morons]

ส็ส็็ส็็็็ส็็็็ส็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็ส็็็็ส็็็็ส็็ส็
Nebulae
PURSUIT by Robert L. Fish
it’s like a thousand pages but it’s also three books in one big book so
fucking amazing story about a Nazi officer from wwII who ran a camp but got plastic surgery and fled posing as a Jew before Russians liberated it, ended up in Auschwitz as a prisoner and some other cool and unexpected places

Gentlemanly Headcrab

more tea please
Nebulae
Game of thrones series - George R. R. Martin

We all have heard of the show.
But have you read the book?
It's actually a neat read because the show itself leaves out some interesting details and the book really highlights a lot of the missing bits a good read in my opinion.

Also, the Girl with the Dragon tattoo - David Fincher

Good crime solving book of two people after a killer/rapist.
However has a lot of rape undertones, context, scenes.
Just a warning it will get uncomfortable for most.

Whilt

Woh
Nebulae
Brave New World and Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep? are some of my favourite books. Both dystopian.

Goatson

Guardian
Nebulae
Game of thrones series - George R. R. Martin

We all have heard of the show.
But have you read the book?
It's actually a neat read because the show itself leaves out some interesting details and the book really highlights a lot of the missing bits a good read in my opinion.
The only thing I remember is that they mention the Three Sisters in the book and never in the series
I love the three sisters :(
[doublepost=1510142813][/doublepost]
Brave New World
I've heard that name before, what's it about?

Charlie

Atom
Nebulae
The only thing I remember is that they mention the Three Sisters in the book and never in the series
A novel about a dystopian future in London set in 2530(?) made by Austin Huxley(???). It's really fucking good and I enjoyed it a lot.

Whilt

Woh
Nebulae
Aldous Huxley wrote it. A society where everything is perfect. If I say anything more I’ll spoil it — 100% worth the read

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Nebulae
ye I made a thread

but I recently read a good book called Railhead, really cool universe

jamEs

fqjdlkmsbvqfgkhpoiuaeazer
Nebulae
a

Last edited:

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
Read the first Dexter book the other week

Really enjoyable read.

Goatson

Guardian
Nebulae
metro 2033 by dmitri glukhovsky
Halfway through it, love it so far
Strongly recommend it to fans of the post-apocalyptic genre, and to those who played the games but didn't read the book, it is far better

FriendlyMan

eating seeds as a pastime activity
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Halfway through it, love it so far
Strongly recommend it to fans of the post-apocalyptic genre, and to those who played the games but didn't read the book, it is far better
just dont read 2035