Nebulous Team Fortress 2 Tournament

Icepick64

Resident Furfag
Nebulae

This idea came to me not too long ago. A medium-scale TF2 tournament for Nebulous. So ive decided to post it here to see what the public opinion is.

In this tournament, every participant would bet one of their items from their backpack. And at the end of the tournament the winner gets ALL the items. There is no second or third place prize here, winner takes all!

I for one would put my prized (Minimal wear) Killstreak Psychedelic Slugger with Agonizing Emerald Sheen.

FqGjHOm.png

If you are at all interested, post your steam name, forum name as well as a screenshot of your offering.

Good luck

slick

give this guy his adm*n back
Nebulae
explain in more detail about the item thing, fairly vauge

Icepick64

Resident Furfag
Nebulae
Basically anyone who wanted to partake in the tournament would select one item from their backpack and put it into a collection with everyone else's items.

When the tournament ends the person with the most points overall wins every item that was offered

slick

give this guy his adm*n back
Nebulae
Basically anyone who wanted to partake in the tournament would select one item from their backpack and put it into a collection with everyone else's items.

When the tournament ends the person with the most points overall wins every item that was offered
well, that kind of defeats the purpose of this game, because people will be competing over points, not playing the objective at all.
it should be a large, team tournament where we have an equal amount of prizes, all pooled in from each member of each team, and each team fighting for their cut in the prizes

edit:
so basically people work as a team

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
There shouldn't be a prize.

Or better yet, ask Head Staff (@Blackquill, @alex etc) if the winner/winning team gets a free month of premium or something.

Especially when the tournament is funded by the participants.

What if one guy places an Unusual Stat Track mint condition minigun and then some other guy just bets a completely normal Force 'A Nature?

Icepick64

Resident Furfag
Nebulae
There would, of course, be restrictions on what you could offer. For example, default weapons are not allowed. Nor is shit like scrap metal. You need to offer something worthwhile or you wont be accepted for the tournament.

Also, points wont just be for "who gets most kills", But completing objectives will also be worth large amounts of points in this tournament, encouraging teamwork and actually "playing the game".

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
There would, of course, be restrictions on what you could offer. For example, default weapons are not allowed. Nor is shit like scrap metal. You need to offer something worthwhile or you wont be accepted for the tournament.

Also, points wont just be for "who gets most kills", But completing objectives will also be worth large amounts of points in this tournament, encouraging teamwork and actually "playing the game".

So now you're saying people that don't have items of worth (Like me, who's most expensive item is a crafted hat) are banned from joining.

Chicken Rickler

Proton
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I'll get my friend to join and we'll farm points with teleporters in spawn

See, your point system is flawed

How about each player of the winning team get 1 random item of similar value as the one they put on the line the players of the opposite team bet?

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Rewarding one person for winning in a game called TEAM Fortress 2 is kinda dumb.

Reactions: List

Dr.Towers

Nucleus
Nebulae
The most valuable, tradeable item in my backpack is a reclaimed metal