Nebulous: The Gathering

Cindy

*sigh* ud know this if u read the silmarillion...
Nebulae
what about my cards

mtgcardsmith is for NORMIES

download magic set editor for kino mtg card creation

RFf23Gc.png

Reactions: List

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
i don't know shit about MTG
so i just make em cool and fancy

if you want an idea of how exact MtG's rules are

Creator's Might has no effect becaus Jamie is not on the board
Jamie, Legion is

holiday adi

黑色土人
Nebulae
if you want an idea of how exact MtG's rules are

Creator's Might has no effect becaus Jamie is not on the board
Jamie, Legion is
damn, i've gotta watch some videos of people playing this shiet
is it an digital game or?

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
damn, i've gotta watch some videos of people playing this shiet
is it an digital game or?

it is the card game
as in the first and original trading card game

yugioh, hearthstone, digimon, all came from magic the gathering

theres a free online version of it called Magic the Gathering: Arena if you want to play that

fun fact
there's been disputes in tournaments because some cards have "Name a card" as part of their effect
so you could play it, go "Jamie"
and lets say this card says "the named card cannot be played"

your opponent plays Jamie, Legion and you go "ah but i made it so you cant play that card"
and the opponent goes "you said jamie not jamie legion"

and the referee would back up your opponent

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Don’t forget they’ve recently released MTG Arena which is the pc equivalent version.

my man look 2 lines down from what you quoted

Cindy

*sigh* ud know this if u read the silmarillion...
Nebulae
@Omni tried a card using the editor

unknown.png

i like

will start making a set

A few things- For one, you didn't specify your creatures. Everyone's Union creatures have convoke? Secondly, for convoke, the ability focuses on the casting of the creature, not when said creatures are already on the battlefield. You want to specify "Union creature spells you cast have convoke."

Thirdly, what are Union creatures? Is that meant to be a creature type? I'd avoid factional allegiances to the typeline if at all possible and stick with Human {Class} of your choosing. Unless you want to take the historic route where WOTC keyworded a supergroup for artifacts, legends and the new saga cards (dubbed 'historic') but I think you'd find yourself quickly unable to associate the more human/constructy side of the Combine without just specifying those very broad creature types.

A suggestion: Make a keyword ability that can go on a creature (either called Union or something else of your choosing) and then make this card "Creature spells with {keyword; ex: trample} you cast have convoke."

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
A few things- For one, you didn't specify your creatures. Everyone's Union creatures have convoke? Secondly, for convoke, the ability focuses on the casting of the creature, not when said creatures are already on the battlefield. You want to specify "Union creature spells you cast have convoke."

Thirdly, what are Union creatures? Is that meant to be a creature type? I'd avoid factional allegiances to the typeline if at all possible and stick with Human {Class} of your choosing. Unless you want to take the historic route where WOTC keyworded a supergroup for artifacts, legends and the new saga cards (dubbed 'historic') but I think you'd find yourself quickly unable to associate the more human/constructy side of the Combine without just specifying those very broad creature types.

A suggestion: Make a keyword ability that can go on a creature (either called Union or something else of your choosing) and then make this card "Creature spells with {keyword; ex: trample} you cast have convoke."
office1.jpg

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
sneak peek at the set in progress
cops rejoice for i made your cards first

unknown.png

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
I was thinking more YGO-oriented card ideas myself that were infinitely more passive-aggressive about community flaws without naming mames, but this works well too!

Also aaaaaaa please remove the white corners, you can do it quickly and with transparent edges by using GIMP, selecting the corners and using "Color to Alpha..." on pure shade of white.