Suggestion Nerf the amount of times you can resist handcuffs

Straven

Proton
Nebulae
You can resist handcuffs like 4 times before it becomes basically impossible, this is makes arrests a bit awkward because the cops have to catch the same person multiple times and after the second time the novelty wears off

so just reduce the amount of times you can resist to like 2 times and then you dont get the option anymore

Reactions: List

Warwick

Mum Looks Like Tracy Beaker
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
counterpoint: funny

boots

spooky skellys
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I like being able to resist 4 times, cops always have numbers advantage

Warwick

GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
This is very true lol, I just felt bad that I kept resisting the cops' cuffs and I could hear the "I want to do something else now" in their voices
They can always chain TASE you if they’re that struggling. Failing that, their SOPs are IC so they could probably just beat you down without too much of an issue.

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
This is very true lol, I just felt bad that I kept resisting the cops' cuffs and I could hear the "I want to do something else now" in their voices
They're cops, so if they're tired of cuffing someone after 2 extra tries then that's a different problem

Andrew

Atom
Nebulae
why not just make it so cops can reset your resist attempt somehow

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I've yet to try the mechanic on either side, but I would assume it gets more difficult with each resist? If not, could be a good idea - or it could be cool to have both the cop and the crim attempt to force the other like kafe suggests.

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I've yet to try the mechanic on either side, but I would assume it gets more difficult with each resist? If not, could be a good idea - or it could be cool to have both the cop and the crim attempt to force the other like kafe suggests.
you can do it more than 4 times but it becomes basically impossible after the 4th attempt

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
you can do it more than 4 times but it becomes basically impossible after the 4th attempt
So it does scale with each attempt? Well that seems fine then imo but if we wanted to make it a duel between the cuffer and cuffee then it could be a cool way to give both players agency I suppose

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
So it does scale with each attempt? Well that seems fine then imo but if we wanted to make it a duel between the cuffer and cuffee then it could be a cool way to give both players agency I suppose
tbf they already have agency in actually getting the person in a position to be cuffed

Warwick

GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Honestly, it's balanced enough as it is. Maybe reducing it down slightly would be fine, but I think making it a "duel" would be too far leaning on the cop side. While you're attempting to break cuffs, you're already unable to move for a short duration, allowing other cops to catch up, and line up a TASER shot.

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Fair, well I haven't spent much time getting cuffed so I can't say much. If it does scale with each attempt then imo that sounds fine, rather than it be the same difficulty then on the 5th time you just can't do it, lets there be a level of skill expression I suppose. With that said then, there's not much else for me to say

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
I think 4 attempts is fine really, maybe the cooldown for reset needs increasing but you're meant to have a decent chance because PD have the advantage.

RedMan

Electron
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
I like being able to resist 4 times, cops always have numbers advantage
Yesterday we had the only two cops respond to a four man store robbery. To say we "always" have the numerical advantage would be untrue.

I think 4 attempts is fine really, maybe the cooldown for reset needs increasing but you're meant to have a decent chance because PD have the advantage.
I personally like the rule of three. How long does it typically take for the attempts to reset?