New computer

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
actually @Evil agree with you, the 1050 probably won't last that longer after looking at the borealis thread and comparing it to my own benchmark, I only got like half way up to good https://nebulous.cloud/threads/project-borealis-performance-test.35697/#post-676028
1060 with a good i5 looks the best @whip skeleton
going below a 1070 makes it a waste and will mean that you'll need to upgrade in the next 3-4 years if not less

especially if you're planning on running 1080/1440p

get one of the new amd cpus instead of intel, 16 gb of ram and an asrock mb of your choice and you're set

don't get into corsair unless you suddenly come into some more money, though i can recommend their power supplies and coolers

Reactions: List

aperson

Molecule
Nebulae
make sure you get yourself a good hard drive or two from a reliable company, don't want to lose all that data. also if you get seperate drive, split the programs and games into separate drives.

also also 16gb of ram is recommended, 8gb minimum

check these guides out, they're useful for building a pc
https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/guide/

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Just to add, if you can go for asus instead of asrock. Asrock are the poor man's asus. You'll hate yourself if your motherboard fails you.
His budget isn't that high so a good cpu and gpu/ram is probably where most money will go

Shadow Flex

Nucleus
Nebulae
His budget isn't that high so a good cpu and gpu/ram is probably where most money will go
Yeah, but if he can get a good deal on one he should go for it. A poor electrical grid or wiring in his apartment or storm that sends a surge to his PC can fry all of his components with a poor motherboard, or just the protection fuse on a good motherboard. Same goes for a failing power supply down the line.

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Nebulae
looking at pc partspicker - honestly even for 600 euros its a stretch to fit in a 1070 as everyone as said along with everything else, even if you're picking budget options

quickly put together a build on partspicker with a last gen ryzen, 16gb's of ram, basic case, well-reviewed budget psu, basic 1tb drive + a cheap ssd and a standard atx am4 board and it came to around 550 euros, and 1070's go for like 300+ euros(?) I think, even 1060's are going for 250+

i don't see the problem with buying more budget graphics cards, im still getting mileage out of gtx 980 for example but I feel like the REEEE YOU'LL HAVE TO UPGRADE REEE screaming drowns out budget card recomendations

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
looking at pc partspicker - honestly even for 600 euros its a stretch to fit in a 1070 as everyone as said along with everything else, even if you're picking budget options

quickly put together a build on partspicker with a last gen ryzen, 16gb's of ram, basic case, well-reviewed budget psu, basic 1tb drive + a cheap ssd and a standard atx am4 board and it came to around 550 euros, and 1070's go for like 300+ euros(?) I think, even 1060's are going for 250+

i don't see the problem with buying more budget graphics cards, im still getting mileage out of gtx 980 for example but I feel like the REEEE YOU'LL HAVE TO UPGRADE REEE screaming drowns out budget card recomendations
buying an ssd at his budget is a pointless investment

Knight

`impulse-approved
B A N N E D
Nebulae
If you’re looking for a pre built one cyber power offers mostly reasonable prices for a lot of their systems

I got a 1060 with a late gen i5 and a terabyte hard drive for $400

Shadow Flex

Nucleus
Nebulae
If you’re looking for a pre built one cyber power offers mostly reasonable prices for a lot of their systems

I got a 1060 with a late gen i5 and a terabyte hard drive for $400
Don't.

The offer will never be better than building one yourself and at this budget you can't take any chances.