Suggestion new loading screens please god

OneClassyBanana

kilroy was here
Nebulae
Suggestion: Give us some loading screens that aren't from three iterations ago.
Why it would be worth adding:

1. Half the stuff in them - CAB, Proselytes, Terminal, UM, CWU - doesn't even exist on the server, and 90% of that doesn't exist in the lore anymore either (or has otherwise been fundamentally and conceptually changed.)
2. The descriptions still describe a setting in which things are just fine and hunky dory and the Citadel didn't fucking explode. It's a jarring disconnect from the actual nature of the server and likely to confuse new/first-time players.

Necessary content: Just the media dev team. Otherwise, shit, tell me what to do and I'll make them myself.

Reactions: List

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I would make the poses if no one better than me offers to do it
QdwrrPm.png

Nebulae
didnt @dee pixel offer his post-occ poses before going dark idk if he would still allow it or not but i imagine he wouldn't have that much objection

poses were awesome

Erkor

Narrative/Lore Management
Nebulae
hi i was kind of carried away and made a mockup for something because i got interested
placeholder zmobie because i had no bombine soldiers on hand, would like general impressions if people like the style, readability, and image placement

hlaloadingscreen.png

(1920x1080;16:9)

unlike the previous ones, screens like these will probably not be able to have a kind of parallax effect on them. something to note as well is that the text for the info is mainly filled out to get a feel for the "maximum possible" amount -- practically, there probably wouldnt or shouldnt be as much text to allow people to read it concisely before it disappears if they wanted to

Last edited:

Gary

Developer
HL2 RP Server Director
Nebulae
I was thinking for the mean time to just throw up the purple nebulous to avoid having a mismatch of loading and server, happy to change them if sent some good'ns

ovxy

infamous instigator
Media Developer
Premium Member
Nebulae
hi i was kind of carried away and made a mockup for something because i got interested
placeholder zmobie because i had no bombine soldiers on hand, would like general impressions if people like the style, readability, and image placement

hlaloadingscreen.png

unlike the previous ones, screens like these will probably not be able to have a kind of parallax effect on them. something to note as well is that the text for the info is mainly filled out to get a feel for the "maximum possible" amount -- practically, there probably wouldnt or shouldnt be as much text to allow people to read it concisely before it disappears if they wanted to
I think this is great and you should continue.

boots

spooky skellys
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

hlaloadingscreen.png

very badass indeed but why is it OTA but then it shows a zombie