New PC Build

D

Deleted member 332

Heya lads, just wondering what you think of this build I've got going. Just a few notes before commenting-

• I'm using 1x8gb for when I get another 8gb stick
  • I've already got a 1050 Ti I'm using from an old build
  • I'm getting a standard 1tb western digital HDD after this; just getting the ssd to install Windows.
I'm trying to make this build as future proof as possible, let me know what you think.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/QnbbKB

Andrew

Atom
Nebulae
remember get same ram type and stick and mount properly so that they work in tandem

why tiny build? what about future upgrade or reuse as server

if you really, truly wanted a retarded fallback 99% future-proof get a massive case and just use it for years but then it's around $200 as far as i remember. mini itx will work fine though

never worked with liquid cooling so can't say much there

will ask friend who builds more pc's if good

D

Deleted member 332

remember get same ram type and stick and mount properly so that they work in tandem

why tiny build? what about future upgrade or reuse as server

if you really, truly wanted a retarded fallback 99% future-proof get a massive case and just use it for years but then it's around $200 as far as i remember. mini itx will work fine though

never worked with liquid cooling so can't say much there

will ask friend who builds more pc's if good

Yeah I will make sure to do that with the RAM. I really wanted something portable to take with me for Uni, as I do lots of audio work in ableton as well as everything else. Are there any clear downsides to using a mini Itx? The one I've got now is an EATX and it's fucking monstrous

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Heya lads, just wondering what you think of this build I've got going. Just a few notes before commenting-

• I'm using 1x8gb for when I get another 8gb stick
  • I've already got a 1050 Ti I'm using from an old build
  • I'm getting a standard 1tb western digital HDD after this; just getting the ssd to install Windows.
I'm trying to make this build as future proof as possible, let me know what you think.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/QnbbKB
getting a solid state drive just for your os is a waste of money imo

your pc will launch quicker, sure, but nothing else will

it's really nice being able to install games on your ssd so they launch and load quicker

also

you should either go for an i7 or a different cpu of equivalent power to future proof your machine as lots of new-gen games suck the life out of your machine

t. current i5 owner

Reactions: List

Postino

Atom
Nebulae
if you REALLY want to use your ssd just for the os then why the fuck are you buying the 250gb version
i have one and i have a lot of games on it, plus backups, photos, and the os

liquid cooling is just a waste of money for 2 reasons: if you need to overclock the cpu you'll need the 'k' variant of the cpu (it's slightly more performant and it doesn't include any stock cooler) which you don't have in the list and a normal cooler will do the job anyway

1050 is almost like a 660ti and it's not future proof at all (also you'll bottleneck the cpu)

rest is fine

D

Deleted member 332

Yeup, using the m.2 ssd for programs (I have a LOT of programs) and some games that need it I.e fucking gmod with my massive addons folder.

As for the i5, I'm still considering an i7. Although from what I've seen the 8400 is magical with games in particular- no bottleneck up to around a 1070 ti.

Not sure about the liquid cooler, was just thinking of if I ever got a k cpu in the future.

Already had the 1050 ti laying about so it'll do for now

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Nebulae
if you REALLY want to use your ssd just for the os then why the fuck are you buying the 250gb version
i have one and i have a lot of games on it, plus backups, photos, and the os

liquid cooling is just a waste of money for 2 reasons: if you need to overclock the cpu you'll need the 'k' variant of the cpu (it's slightly more performant and it doesn't include any stock cooler) which you don't have in the list and a normal cooler will do the job anyway

1050 is almost like a 660ti and it's not future proof at all (also you'll bottleneck the cpu)

rest is fine
1050ti is not the same as a 660ti lmao

D

Deleted member 332

What GPU would you guys recommend for this build if I did decide to upgrade (once the GPU apocalypse has ended)?

axido

whatttttttt
Nebulae
a gtx 1070 is a very good and futureproof choice imo and it’ll work well with your i5

but you should replace that water cooler with another 8gb stick tbh, a stock cooler that comes with the cpu will run your cpu just fine under load

Reactions: List
D

Deleted member 332

a gtx 1070 is a very good and futureproof choice imo and it’ll work well with your i5

but you should replace that water cooler with another 8gb stick tbh, a stock cooler that comes with the cpu will run your cpu just fine under load

Cheers mate, I reckon that's a good plan