New World

Grand

out of retirement
Nebulae
Anyone else playing this game?

It's absolutely amazing, has me grinding it whenever I have time for it.

It has an incredibly well-functioning combat system that resembles that of Dark Souls but in an MMORPG. It sports skilling systems that resemble those seen in games like Runescape, which is incredibly refreshing to see in a AAA MMORPG from today's standards.

What I like the most about the game is the PvP, it's a real display of skill, where even a lower leveled player can overcome one many levels higher than themselves, should they be good enough.

I recommend it!

tKEgc51.png

Simman102

the Scourge of Roleplay
Nebulae
I didn't hear much good about it and from what I've seen on streams, it seems to be very much incomplete?
Isn't most of the game just running from point A to point B which takes a lot of time because there aren't mounts? Granted you're supposed to deal with random encounters and PvP on your way, but from what I managed to gather it's either that or just watching numbers go up (crafting discplines and stuff like in Runescape)
Was eager to buy the game but it after watching streams for a while it doesn't seem to have much to offer

Grand

out of retirement
Nebulae
I didn't hear much good about it and from what I've seen on streams, it seems to be very much incomplete?
Isn't most of the game just running from point A to point B which takes a lot of time because there aren't mounts? Granted you're supposed to deal with random encounters and PvP on your way, but from what I managed to gather it's either that or just watching numbers go up (crafting discplines and stuff like in Runescape)
Was eager to buy the game but it after watching streams for a while it doesn't seem to have much to offer
This is exactly what I thought before my brother forced me into buying the game. While it’s true that a lack of mounts means that you spend a lot of time running, the game is designed to side-track you, and always keeps you occupied. The game is in a solid state even though it’s in beta, three months from release.

I personally never play MMORPG’s but this one is so unique and sports a facinating atmosphere unlike any other fantacy game I’ve tried before.

All mmos belong in the trash, especially one made by fucking amazon lol
Dont be so quick to judge. Even though it’s paid for by Amazon, I think it was developed by a third party company (probably). It also has no subscriptions or micro-transactions, so it actually doesn’t even feel like a game made by a huge ass company.

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
no because its an MMO lol!

Goopy

Molecule
Nebulae
i really dont want it to succeed lol
i dont want amazon to try to monopolize the gaming market either

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae
You guys wanna play Team Fortress 2 instead? It’s free.

Goopy

Molecule
Nebulae
Why?

That's understandable but I don't see how a single MMORPG could do that...?

Its pretty easy to see how Amazons second (?) game, and its largest gaming project yet can pave the pathway into them breaking into the gaming industry or not.

As long as it greenlights Amazon having a place in the industry, Amazon will eventually monopolize. That is the end goal for corporations like Amazon and Disney.

Grand

out of retirement
Nebulae
As long as it greenlights Amazon having a place in the industry, Amazon will eventually monopolize. That is the end goal for corporations like Amazon and Disney.
Lowkey facts.

But no microtransactions or subscription fees so far tho. And it's a genuinely good and chill game tbh. Not even that expensive either.

sots

community bear
Nebulae
played it when it was free for a weekend or somethin and didn’t really enjoy it at all, a lot of “go here and kill x enemy” type stuff, but in general i don’t really like mmos so i guess i was never gonna have too much fun with it :-/// at least the combat is somewhat better than world of warcraft Hot Bar Gaming

Reactions: List

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I work for amazon and I think this new mmo is the greatest to hit the market so far. It is so cool and feature rich. I enjoy playing it a lot and think that you should too

Reactions: List

Grand

out of retirement
Nebulae
FAd8FeJXsAwRf-l

2 hours later with 300 people left

FAeXxU4XMAwJh5z

We go again...
FAeYei2XoAMY1Bq
Yeaaaah I havn’t been able to play because of a lack of servers either. Kinda sad that Amazon (bad) can’t run enough servers with their billion dollar budget.