Next Call of Duty.

Postal

Molecule
Nebulae
Hello, So the next Call of Duty is gonna be going back to World War 2.
Thoughts?

https://www.callofduty.com/wwii
Call-of-Duty-WW2-Revealed-by-Activision-607692.jpg
its shit already

Jer

Electron
Nebulae
does anyone even care about call of duty anymore

Plankster

Atom
Nebulae
I've never really enjoyed CoD but I did play MW2 and BO2, those two were great and I heard that BO2 was the last good CoD game.

Poxier

Neutrino
Nebulae
Never really played CoDs for their multiplayer (with the exception of CoD 4 promod), so I'll most likely play it for the single player campaign IF I decide to get it. In my opinion, the best single player CoDs are CoD 1 + united offensive, CoD 2 and WaW. Lost interest after BO1. A part of me wants to be hyped for the new one because of the return to WWII, but I fear they might fuck it up somehow. Would be really interesting if they do something different and finally show the Wehrmacht's side of the war.

Reactions: List
D

Deleted member 1381

I don't play cod anymore but I'm still happy they've abandoned the shitty futuristic series and gone back to its roots

D

Deleted member 243

don't get the hate to be honest, they fucked off back to what call of duty was about, defending your country from nazis, because it was a call of duty...

i really enjoyed playing the campaign-games, like finest hour and COD 2, good shit mang. i hope they don't fuck up this time.

D

Deleted member 930

I am not giving any hopes on that cod because last were very disappointing in my kind of view

Weeknder

Nucleus
B A N N E D
Nebulae
The switch to WW2 is just a marketing technique, the game is going to be the same copy, paste shit from the last games. I'm 100% sure we will get zombies too.

I hope so actually, zombies is the only thing I like in call of duty games.

FieldersNL

heck
Nebulae
I quited COD after Ghosts came out, I might try this one out though but I hope my PC is able to run it well enough.

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae
I preferred Medal of Honor: Allied Assault/Call of Duty: World At War/COD4 to MW2/3+beyond.

WW2 is hands down the best theater of war ever. It was arguably one of the last wars of the best virtues prevailing over evil, when it could have been the breaking of humanity itself. I don't know if it's family history that compels me to believe this, or the idea that Western military invading non-Western countries is of the same. It was probably one of the saddest wars, and one of the most compelling wars to bring us to the idea that war is hell. I don't think there's any war that really compares to the total war aspect of it.

The fact that they're making to WWII is enough for me to support them, perhaps, for the last time ever. I've hated the series ever since they kept upping the tech and going into the future. I always felt it was going more and more into a childish war game, rather than the gritty war games I used to like. The over casualization of the campaign and increased ridiculous kill-streaks and attachments were all things that slowly got to me over time.

I just hope for the sake of their franchise, that they feel my purchase somehow in the numbers and realize, 'you've got to go back'.

o boy can't wait to paint my ppsh 41 with a pink skin with hearts all over and get a supply drop right into the middle of berlin

... ah shit.

TinPan

Needs to blow his nose
Nebulae
The important thing to remember for Call Of Duty is that this is pretty much their last & final chance to make amends for the tittystorm that was games such as Advanced Warfare and Infinite Warfare. If this simply ends up being just another re-textured copy of their previous titles which focuses on milking your wallet with supply drops, ends up locking weapons again behind a paywall and gives me a shitty campaign with no memorable moments, then it's safe to say that the Call Of Duty Playerbase will more than definitely die out completely on PC and suffer a massive blow to its Console Population.

Weeknder

Nucleus
B A N N E D
Nebulae
The switch to WW2 is just a marketing technique, the game is going to be the same copy, paste shit from the last games. I'm 100% sure we will get zombies too.

I hope so actually, zombies is the only thing I like in call of duty games.
Oh hey zombies is included in cod ww2. I didnt see that coming.