NO MAN'S SKY OFFICIAL DAY 1 THREAD (PS4)

Are you Hyped?

• Yes

Votes: 26 32.9%
  • No

Votes: 44 55.7%
  • Fucking Delays

Votes: 9 11.4%

• Total voters

Deleted member 93

Nucleus
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Thing at the bottom right looks a bit like a plasma rifle from Halo.

maxresdefault.jpg

Probably inspired by halo.
I know that they stole the spaceship from Elite Dangerous.

overki11

Electron
Nebulae
"hey guys lets design some cool procgen universe with some custom procgen tech we made (which is awesome btw, not trying to say it isn't), and then build a boring, repetitive game out of it!"

they could have AT LEAST made a procgen quest system like starbound, and it would have added SO MUCH.

i can easily name some things that this game could have had to make it better: procgen quests (as stated earlier), no traders on every planet, better "survival", a population variable for galaxies, star systems and planets, cities, multiplayer (one where you can actually see the other person), more variation in planets (from what i've seen its basically the same thing with different colors, and maybe an ocean planet. maybe do a "percentage mapping" for the random ranges of variables, so that most planets have a normal "noise" value, but there are a few outliers with very noisy terrain, of course the further out the normal range the less percent there is for this to happen

tldr procgen quests, better survival, mp that works and doesnt suck, better terrain detail

Deleted member 93

Nucleus
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
So far my experience in this game is unreal.
No Mans Sky is the first game I've been for a while that I've actually enjoyed.
B46F145A21EF5B8BB921839DA3AC25D06CB0F6A9

[doublepost=1471083909][/doublepost]Every new planet I've landed on has been an experience.

gigi

Atom
Nebulae
serious question
what is the appeal to this game and why does it have a 40 quid price tag when it looks like an indie game

Reactions: List

bubblegum

you should see me in a crown
Nebulae
serious question
what is the appeal to this game and why does it have a 40 quid price tag when it looks like an indie game

hearing ppl bitch so much when u mention it

Deleted member 93

Nucleus
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
serious question

exploration and being to simply land on a completely procedurally generated planet which is unique everytime and to find species that are also unique everytime.
Its just such a beautiful game.

gigi

Atom
Nebulae
exploration and being to simply land on a completely procedurally generated planet which is unique everytime and to find species that are also unique everytime.
Its just such a beautiful game.
why does it have a 40 quid price tag though, that looks like it'll get easily repetative and boring
im pretty sure there are also plenty of planets that are almost exactly like one another just to fill up that tag so they can say its 18 cuntillion whatever planets

Reactions: List

ddæ

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
why does it have a 40 quid price tag though, that looks like it'll get easily repetative and boring
im pretty sure there are also plenty of planets that are almost exactly like one another just to fill up that tag so they can say its 18 cuntillion whatever planets
woah bro this planet recolour and reskin x amount of times is worth my 40 quid fuck me

Deleted member 93

Nucleus
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

dunno about the price tag, but I aint complaining cause i got it for only 40-45 us
[doublepost=1471086394][/doublepost]
imo rust has a better procedurally generated world system than no mans sky has it is actually just recolours and random assets added to a sphere

Its really not.