Any No Man's Sky enthusiasts?
something something 18,446,744,073,709,551,616 planets something

tumblr_o6j6qby0aG1vt8t7co1_500.jpg

ecchikawaii

A NIM E D U D E
B A N N E D
Nebulae
tbh it sounds like it's too good to be true

the planets are most likely going to offer the same shit and lack the element of exploring something 100%unique

ONE

Neutrino
Nebulae

the planets are most likely going to offer the same shit and lack the element of exploring something 100%unique
I agree, sounds too good to be true! Still looks fun, and I'd pre-order it if it weren't for the price tag!

Deleted member 93

Nucleus
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

They've got procedural generation for the planets and creatures, ensuring there is a visible uniqueness of each planet.
We don't know to what extent the uniqueness will be, however, the lead did say in an interview that every creature and planet will be different to what you've seen before.
The idea of discovering a new planet and being able to claim and name it my own is amazing.
Next thing ya' know, people landin' on ma' planet called "Lemonpunch Roleplaying."

ecchikawaii

A NIM E D U D E
B A N N E D
Nebulae
They've got procedural generation for the planets and creatures, ensuring there is a visible uniqueness of each planet.
We don't know to what extent the uniqueness will be, however, the lead did say in an interview that every creature and planet will be different to what you've seen before.
The idea of discovering a new planet and being able to claim and name it my own is amazing.
Next thing ya' know, people landin' on ma' planet called "Lemonpunch Roleplaying."
I don't believe that the company that is working on this game has the technology to make them so unique from each other

remember the developer team are known for making iphone games

Deleted member 93

Nucleus
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I don't believe that the company that is working on this game has the technology to make them so unique from each other

remember the developer team are known for making iphone games

You can do a lot with algorithms.
And considering this is a developer team that is known for making iPhone games, this looks fucking amazing.

I dunno 'bout you guys but I loved Space Engine and this game is basically an overhaul of that.

Nebulae

I agree, sounds too good to be true! Still looks fun, and I'd pre-order it if it weren't for the price tag!

It's a long video but it most likely answer your questions

Reactions: List

Lawn Chair

Proton
Nebulae
I mean this looks alright, but I feel it'd get boring after a while. I know this would be a pipedream, but it would be cool as shit, if they added like a Planetside two element to it, and add in empires fighting over the known galaxy trying to spread their territory.

ONE

Neutrino
Nebulae
Well it turns out this is a single player game! I thought it would be like Star Citizen! All hope is lost. Not buying this.

Nebulae
Well it turns out this is a single player game! I thought it would be like Star Citizen! All hope is lost. Not buying this.

No Man's Sky is not going to be like Star Citizen, never is going to be.
No Man's Sky is purely an space exploration game whereas Star Citizen tries to be jack of all trades which is what is killing the game unfortunately.

About multiplayer, that depends on what you consider multiplayer.
No, you will not fly is squadrons guns blazing together. Every player starts in a random spot in the universe and that universe is so large that it's pretty much impossible to find each other. Sean Murray has hinted it a few times that there may or may not be multiplayer, he's very vague about it, but there is no concrete YES or NO.

tl;dr dont expect multiplayer, maybe.

Mr. Widoux

Quark
Nebulae
No Man's Sky is not going to be like Star Citizen, never is going to be.
No Man's Sky is purely an space exploration game whereas Star Citizen tries to be jack of all trades which is what is killing the game unfortunately.

About multiplayer, that depends on what you consider multiplayer.
No, you will not fly is squadrons guns blazing together. Every player starts in a random spot in the universe and that universe is so large that it's pretty much impossible to find each other. Sean Murray has hinted it a few times that there may or may not be multiplayer, he's very vague about it, but there is no concrete YES or NO.

tl;dr dont expect multiplayer, maybe.
Star Citizen +1
No Man's Sky -1

Nebulae
Star Citizen +1
No Man's Sky -1

Feature-wise, Star Citizen takes the cake but you should take into consideration that No Man's Sky is being developed by a small indie team of less than 20 men, whereas Star Citizen has 300 employees working in three offices located in the US, UK and Germany. Not to mention the 110 million dollar in funding from their community.

Star Citizen is going to be great, but development is extremely slow. The game has been in development for 4 years and we are currently in Alpha 2.3 with extremely meager gameplay oppertunity. Somewhere this month they hope to get the 2.4 patch in the test universe. The 2.4 update focuses on persistance and shopping but it's nothing shockingly new like the Nyx landing zone or the procedural tech they have been teasing.

To be honest, I really dislike comments like yours saying '+1 or -1 this game'. I get it, there is nothing wrong with comparing games but compare games that have the same scope. Comparing No Man's Sky and Star Citizen is comparing apples and pears... They are both fruit but beyond that they are completely different.

Reactions: List

Mr. Widoux

Quark
Nebulae
Feature-wise, Star Citizen takes the cake but you should take into consideration that No Man's Sky is being developed by a small indie team of less than 20 men, whereas Star Citizen has 300 employees working in three offices located in the US, UK and Germany. Not to mention the 110 million dollar in funding from their community.

Star Citizen is going to be great, but development is extremely slow. The game has been in development for 4 years and we are currently in Alpha 2.3 with extremely meager gameplay oppertunity. Somewhere this month they hope to get the 2.4 patch in the test universe. The 2.4 update focuses on persistance and shopping but it's nothing shockingly new like the Nyx landing zone or the procedural tech they have been teasing.

To be honest, I really dislike comments like yours saying '+1 or -1 this game'. I get it, there is nothing wrong with comparing games but compare games that have the same scope. Comparing No Man's Sky and Star Citizen is comparing apples and pears... They are both fruit but beyond that they are completely different.
Man, you are right, but No Man's sky is founded from the Sony.