Nvidia GeForce Now

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
So recently I got my hands on the closed beta of GeForce now, and I gotta say this shit's good.

So if you don't know what GeForce Now is, it's pretty much what Stadia will be somewhat, a Streaming service where you can play AAA out of a laptop no problem (but it needs to be connected via ethernet), and I tested it out on a laptop too. If you have a good internet, (I have 200Mbps not a lot but pretty good) you will totally run most games easily on it.

I've been playing watch dogs 2 which I bought a few years ago, but my PC didn't have enough RAM for it, so I never managed to refund it. So now with this, I got the opportunity to play it and it's a fun game, but instead of having to upgrade my PC I just streamed it.

Disclaimer, the service is free only for the beta, I believe it will cost about $25(?) per 20(?) hours. something alone those lines. Previously it was 7.99 a month in 2015 but they reworked it and are relaunching it.

Anyways, I Think there's a lot of pros and cons, for example instead of having to upgrade your entire PC for the new game you REALLY want to play, that would cost you at least $300+ in upgrade you can just pay $25-50, also you don't have to download it on your disk.

A few cons are also that you technically can't mod the game, nor use cheat on the game that isn't on the game on the first place, so no cheat engine, or other things, which can be a good thing in single player, but some games make the GRIND too much. And of course, it's online only.

But what do you all think? I'm having a pretty good time now, and if Google Stadia would be like this, it's going to be pretty cool for my preferences.

Gary

Developer
HL2 RP Server Director
Nebulae
I think it's a good idea, but a bit overpriced. I'll always prefer my own hardware though, especially since latency will always be a thing.