Information Official Nebulous Rocket League Doubles Tournament

`impulse

Head Staff
Nebulae
PLEASE RATE AGREE/DISAGREE FOR THE FOLLOWING

After actually looking at the tournament system that has been set up, I've decided that it makes little to no sense and needs to be modified to an actual double elimination tournament format that's easier to follow. The current way has people starting off in the loser's bracket and all this weird stuff that shouldn't happen. However, there's no possible way to transfer over all the already-played games due to the need for byes since we don't have a number of teams equal to a power of two, and teams entering the tournament after it has already started(????). This means the entire tournament has to be redone.

But I don't want to redo the tournament if nobody else wants to redo it. We can preserve some matches, but the goal is to try and match people with similar skill levels as much as possible, so they don't get annihilated straight off the bat.

So - tournament redo: agree/disagree

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
The Toasty and Powley vs Do Jet and Reinhart is the most pointless game that's been played, it makes no sense that they played Toasty and Powley when SIlent and Heaven hadn't even played whilst Toasty and Powley had played another team in Round 1 and lost already.

Angel

she/her/they nonbinary transfem
Nebulae
but the goal is to try and match people with similar skill levels as much as possible,
You should match the worst with the best, so you have an actually good final instead of the best team knocking out the 2nd and 3rd best and eventually playing some shitter from the other side.

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
Games are continuing, @Rictalspace should be posting updates here
[doublepost=1470679078][/doublepost]@eimaJ disqualified for trying to substitute a player (who forgot to change his name to the same as his previous team mate).

Reactions: List

Rictalspace

Manager of Fist Industries
Nebulae
If anyone can stream the Alex and Impulse v Docdo and DenZ game that would be great, in 20 minutes.

Jamie

Legion
Head Staff
Media Developer
Nebulae
Can I get a yahoo for @Rain

@Jamie
pM2N62H.png

Reactions: List