Serious oh ok

Keno

la sauce
Nebulae
https://nebulous.cloud/threads/kelly-sullivan.5446/

Am I the only one disagreeing with this verdict?
Like, it really gives me no motivations to play any more when you see this kind of things happening.
My point is, why would you face IC consequences when you can clearly find an OOC agreement to limit damages?

I'm not saying opinions are biased, not this time. I am just thinking that this isn't right. If you fuck up ICly it should be dealt ICly. This situation should have been fair in this way:
Kelly's death along with VICE's death.

I still don't understand your reasoning being nice because it feels bad to loose a char this way. I mean, this whole scene was made ICly.
My argument here is that similar things happened before and got dealt full IC, we are making an exception because they didn't want to face their chars death (understandable, but not fair).
i.e: units getting deserviced after amputating a citizen in a non patrol region.

I want players input on the matter, non-biased please.

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae
Why not just make a PM with the HCs instead of posting it here?

Flippy

stoner rp
Nebulae
You need SD auth to inject into the sewers to keep it "fair" when it comes cps sweeping, so they don't wipe out rebels.

That's the reason behind the rule afaik, but I'll just leave it be, as I am happy with the verdict I gave here, though I am interested on what feedback is given here, always nice to see where I can improve.

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
I still don't understand your reasoning being nice because it feels bad to loose a char this way. I mean, this whole scene was made ICly.
My argument here is that similar things happened before and got dealt full IC, we are making an exception because they didn't want to face their chars death (understandable, but not fair).
i.e: units getting deserviced after amputating a citizen in a non patrol region.
Due to the nature of how the cop faction has been, I.E with all the constant sweeping and what not; while I wait for faction leaders to address the issue, there's nothing wrong with exercising a degree of mercy when things are as they are.

Not saying mercy should happen constantly, all the time -no. They're the exception and not the rule. You talk about fairness but no system is completely fair - rebels who could be sat passively rping can be pked in the current system bc some guy decided to go and shoot cops. Is that fair? Technically not.

Reactions: List

Keno

la sauce
Nebulae
You need SD auth to inject into the sewers to keep it "fair" when it comes cps sweeping, so they don't wipe out rebels.

That's the reason behind the rule afaik, but I'll just leave it be, as I am happy with the verdict I gave here, though I am interested on what feedback is given here, always nice to see where I can improve.
Right fam, don't worry it's all good.
I am talking about the IC pov, without OOC intervention.
Because if we have to judge the scene in an OOC pov, it's still unfair because of this:
13. Committing any rogue offences while having no rogue authorization will result in a dewhitelist and PK, dead or not.
+ the fact SD auth was needed, yeah.
Blackquill said:
Not saying mercy should happen constantly, all the time -no. They're the exception and not the rule. You talk about fairness but no system is completely fair - rebels who could be sat passively rping can be pked in the current system bc some guy decided to go and shoot cops. Is that fair? Technically not.
This is what I am about. I mean, the fact the judgement was way too kind confused me. Like, suddenly we disregard OOC rules and apply a 'mercy policy' that goes against the morality of PKs.
It gives a bitter assessment that somewhat, we can authorize selected players to not be PKed and to void the whole thing - to be nice.

It is more about how this whole issue got managed.
Shotcops are common and is part of the gameplay, we are used to it. Whereas going rogue to kill an anti-citizen isn't that common.
Even more when you give both NLR.

Last edited:

Saggy

Electron
Nebulae
I've not got a problem with the verdict, but getting pre-unpked before any verdict was given (and before the thread was even made afaik) kinda ticked me off. Why in this case did someone get special treatment where afaik in every other case with every other person they would have to wait.

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
I've not got a problem with the verdict, but getting pre-unpked before any verdict was given (and before the thread was even made afaik) kinda ticked me off. Why in this case did someone get special treatment where afaik in every other case with every other person they would have to wait.
That was actually a miscommunication on my end and I take responsibility for it.