Nebulae
[The OOC Section]
Link to Steam profile:
SteamID:
Past infractions [includes previous iterations]:
Previous Combine roleplay experience?
A
:

What's the dumbest PK appeal you can recall?
A
:

If accepted, what would you like your tagline to be? This may be any combination of tagline and digit, provided nobody else holds it and there is an in-game voiceline to reflect it.
A:

What would you like your rank to be, on the scale of [00, 25, 50, 75]? This rank is purely cosmetic, but does reflect the seniority of your character. Your script-wise gameplay will not be affected.
A:

[The Character Section]

State the legal name and date of birth of your character. You may simply provide the age instead, but a date of birth will be assigned later on.
A:

The answers to the two fields below may be concise in nature.
Describe the upbringing of your character. This includes material and cultural conditions that would affect their behaviour to this day.
A:

Describe the framework of your character. This field should be used to explain the attitudes of your character towards things like drugs, crime (and origin thereof), religion, second chances, etc.
A:

Is there a group your character is prejudiced against? If so, why?
A
:

On the contrary, is there a group your character would likely be protective of? If so, why?
A
:

Describe the location and citizenship/employment status of at least three alive family members. Note that by submitting the application, you relinquish the creative control over their canon status.
A:

Name one short-term and one long-term personal goals of your character. Note that these goals must be something achievable within the setting of the server.
A:

What does your character think of the Progenitor Arm?
A
:

Why has your character joined Civil Protection? If they haven't done so willingly, what made them come to terms with their fate?
A
:

[The Scenarios Section]
Choose at least three of the six below. You may fill out more if you wish.

DISCLAIMER: All the questions below are 'trick' questions. Thinking out of the box and creativity will be appreciated. The more assumptions you make and the more you extrapolate to give the answers depth will improve the reception. You may also replace the default scenarios with your own, provided you demonstrate that you understand the setting.

I. You consider yourself to be the patron of Café X. You make frequent visits. The employees have grown accustomed and are respectful towards you. They often offer their services for free, and in exchange you've shielded them from harassment by the Progenitor Arm.

On your daily visit, you find out that another officer had visited the location in your absence, and beaten up one of the employees for no discernible reason.

How do you react, if at all?

A:

II. Yesterday, out of the blue, the Minister of Civil Protection announced a temporary ban on the sales of alcoholic beverages. Today, you caught wind of a back alley establishment engaging in such sale.

A:

III. Bored on a slow day with little to do, you stroll into a less frequented part of town. You take a turn and notice a woman in a corner. Even at a distance, you can tell that she's recently been crying and has a visible bruise on her face. Her arms are clutching her stomach; it's likely there's even more than meets the eye.

A:

IV. It's over.

The report came too late, you ran too slowly, the loitering conscripts blocked your way into the building. Whatever combination of reasons you might blame, reality cannot be changed.

As you bust through the door, you witness a crime already completed. The woman is on the ground, hopeless amounts of blood pooling beneath the body.
Nearby, her boyfriend. No-- Ex-boyfriend now. Somewhat respected in the community, an editor of a highly regarded magazine, the seemingly innocuous man was, beyond a doubt, guilty of this. In total shock, he stares at the fruit of his labour, the tool of the trade resting on the ground. He's not a threat right now; not that he ever was. This seems entirely out of character, his clean datafile supporting this. Whatever happened, must have been a culmination of something horrible. Nevertheless, a citizen is dead.

How do you react?

A:

V. Either by chance, or perhaps, completely intentionally, you have brutalised a Commissioned Officer of the Progenitor Arm. Leaving them on the ground, you turn around and notice three conscripts in front of you; one of them is holding a pistol, the signature weapon of the NCOs of the local branch. It appears to be aimed at the center of your mass, but their grip is shaky and their hesitation is obvious. You could easily perform a quick draw and shoot them first.

How do you react?

A:

VI. The Minister of Civil Protection is dead.

So is the Rank Leader of this district, which makes you the next highest ranking unit. For one reason or another, you were spared by those who overthrew your former superiors.
The three choices come to your mind:
- you can put yourself up as a replacement. You will have a mere fraction of your predecessor's power and you will have to make yourself ameniable to the Progenitor Arm, but your position would be secure.
- you can rally the rest of Civil Protection for a counter-attack. The only reason the enemy got so far is due to the element of surprise; you can wipe all of them out if you try, but how will this affect the local populace...?
- you can reject your uniform and hide. There is a chance, however, that nobody else will step up, which would cause Overwatch to send some sort of intervention, ranging from other bureaucrats to a complete purge of the district.

What is your choice, and why? Or do you have a different idea in mind?

A:

Code:
[SIZE=6][The [COLOR=rgb(44, 130, 201)]OOC [/COLOR]Section][/SIZE]
[B]Link to Steam profile[/B]:
[B]SteamID[/B]:
[B]Past infractions[/B] [[I]includes previous iterations[/I]]:
[B]Previous Combine roleplay experience?
A[/B]:

[B]What's the dumbest PK appeal you can recall?
A[/B]:

[B]If accepted, what would you like your tagline to be?[/B] [I]This may be any combination of tagline and digit, provided nobody else holds it and there is an in-game voiceline to reflect it.[/I]
[B]A[/B]:

[B]What would you like your rank to be, on the scale of [00, 25, 50, 75]?[/B] [I]This rank is purely cosmetic, but does reflect the seniority of your character. Your script-wise gameplay will not be affected.[/I]
[B]A[/B]:

[SIZE=6][The [COLOR=rgb(44, 130, 201)]Character [/COLOR]Section][/SIZE]

[B]State the legal name and date of birth of your character.[/B] [I]You may simply provide the age instead, but a date of birth will be assigned later on[/I].
[B]A[/B]:

[I]The answers to the two fields below may be concise in nature. They are meant to assess your general writing skills and creativity.[/I]
[B]Describe the upbringing of your character.[/B] [I]This includes material and cultural conditions that would affect their behaviour to this day.[/I]
[B]A[/B]:

[B]Describe the framework of your character. [/B][I]This field should be used to explain the attitudes of your character towards things like drugs, crime (and origin thereof), religion, second chances, etc.[/I]
[B]A[/B]:

[B]Is there a group your character is prejudiced against? If so, why?
A[/B]:

[B]On the contrary, is there a group your character would likely be protective of? If so, why?
A[/B]:

[B]Describe the location and citizenship/employment status of at least three alive family members.[/B] [I]Note that by submitting the application, you relinquish the creative control over their canon status.[/I]
[B]A[/B]:

[B]Name one short-term and one long-term personal goals of your character.[/B] [I]Note that these goals must be something achievable within the setting of the server.[/I]
[B]A[/B]:

[B]What does your character think of the Progenitor Arm?
A[/B]:

[B]Why has your character joined Civil Protection? If they haven't done so willingly, what made them come to terms with their fate?
A[/B]:

[SIZE=6][The [COLOR=rgb(44, 130, 201)]Scenarios[/COLOR] Section][/SIZE]
Choose at least three of the six below. You may fill out more if you wish.

[I]DISCLAIMER: All the questions below are 'trick' questions. Thinking out of the box and creativity will be appreciated. The more assumptions you make and the more you extrapolate to give the answers depth will improve the reception. You may also replace the default scenarios with your own, provided you demonstrate that you understand the setting.[/I]

[B]I[/B]. [I]You consider yourself to be the patron of Café X. You make frequent visits. The employees have grown accustomed and are respectful towards you. They often offer their services for free, and in exchange you've shielded them from harassment by the Progenitor Arm.

On your daily visit, you find out that another officer had visited the location in your absence, and beaten up one of the employees for no discernible reason.

How do you react, if at all?[/I]
[B]A[/B]:

[B]II[/B]. [I]Yesterday, out of the blue, the Minister of Civil Protection announced a temporary ban on the sales of alcoholic beverages. Today, you caught wind of a back alley establishment engaging in such sale.

[B]A[/B]:

[B]III[/B]. [I]Bored on a slow day with little to do, you stroll into a less frequented part of town. You take a turn and notice a woman in a corner. Even at a distance, you can tell that she's recently been crying and has a visible bruise on her face. Her arms are clutching her stomach; it's likely there's even more than meets the eye.

[B]A[/B]:

[B]IV[/B]. [I]It's over.

The report came too late, you ran too slowly, the loitering conscripts blocked your way into the building. Whatever combination of reasons you might blame, reality cannot be changed.

As you bust through the door, you witness a crime already completed. The woman is on the ground, hopeless amounts of blood pooling beneath the body.
Nearby, her boyfriend. No-- Ex-boyfriend now. Somewhat respected in the community, an editor of a highly regarded magazine, the seemingly innocuous man was, beyond a doubt, guilty of this. In total shock, he stares at the fruit of his labour, the tool of the trade resting on the ground. He's not a threat right now; not that he ever was. This seems entirely out of character, his clean datafile supporting this. Whatever happened, must have been a culmination of something horrible. Nevertheless, a citizen is dead.

How do you react?[/I]
[B]A[/B]:

[B]V[/B]. [I]Either by chance, or perhaps, completely intentionally, you have brutalised a Commissioned Officer of the Progenitor Arm. Leaving them on the ground, you turn around and notice three conscripts in front of you; one of them is holding a pistol, the signature weapon of the NCOs of the local branch. It appears to be aimed at the center of your mass, but their grip is shaky and their hesitation is obvious. You could easily perform a quick draw and shoot them first.

How do you react?[/I]
[B]A[/B]:

[B]VI[/B]. [I]The Minister of Civil Protection is dead.

So is the Rank Leader of this district, which makes you the next highest ranking unit. For one reason or another, you were spared by those who overthrew your former superiors.
- you can put yourself up as a replacement. You will have a mere fraction of your predecessor's power and you will have to make yourself ameniable to the Progenitor Arm, but your position would be secure.
- you can rally the rest of Civil Protection for a counter-attack. The only reason the enemy got so far is due to the element of surprise; you can wipe all of them out if you try, but how will this affect the local populace...?
- you can reject your uniform and hide. There is a chance, however, that nobody else will step up, which would cause Overwatch to send some sort of intervention, ranging from other bureaucrats to a complete purge of the district.

What is your choice, and why? Or do you have a different idea in mind?[/I]
[B]A[/B]:

Last edited:

Simman102

the Scourge of Roleplay
Nebulae
Following community feedback, I have added three more scenarios.

IV. It's over.

How do you react?

A:

V. Either by chance, or perhaps, completely intentionally, you have brutalised a Commissioned Officer of the Progenitor Arm. Leaving them on the ground, you turn around and notice three conscripts in front of you; one of them is holding a pistol, the signature weapon of the NCOs of the local branch. It appears to be aimed at the center of your mass, but their grip is shaky and their hesitation is obvious. You could easily perform a quick draw and shoot them first.

How do you react?

A:

VI. The Minister of Civil Protection is dead.

What is your choice, and why? Or do you have a different idea in mind?

A:

You may choose any three (or more, if you wish) of the six available.

Simman102

the Scourge of Roleplay
Nebulae
but does reflect the seniority of your character.
In response to what I'd seen in one of the applications, it seems the ambiguous nature of the word 'seniority' has failed me:

'seniority' refers to length of service, not authority. Officers ranking from 00 to 75 hold no explicit authority over each other, it would be detrimental to any conflict occurring.

Reactions: List
Status
Not open for further replies.