Opinion on 'modern' games

• Thread starter Deleted member 1381
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 332

dont forget visceral games

:(

FUCK I was about to say about Visceral.

Fucking rip, I just want another game like DS1 or DS2. Even a PC port of DS1 that isn't completely fucked controls-wise would make me happy.

What the fuck happened

Isaac Clarke

Master Chief (is still in cryostasis after halo 3 for me, fuck 343)

Gordon Freeman

Big Boss

Where have all the good men gone

Reactions: List
D

Deleted member 1381

Where have all the good men gone
fairy-godmother-shrek-2-80.8.jpg
and where are all the gods

what ever happened to Bungie, halo used to be a really good game franchise but after Reach i think they ended up going down the pisspot too
i read something about them selling halo but im not too sure

D

Deleted member 332

fairy-godmother-shrek-2-80.8.jpg
and where are all the gods

what ever happened to Bungie, halo used to be a really good game franchise but after Reach i think they ended up going down the pisspot too
i read something about them selling halo but im not too sure

Fucking Activision happened

Nova_

Electron
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
And this, I heavily disagree with - as a consumer I want a game that:
  1. Doesn't have publishers that cut content from the base game to sell for almost the same price as the main game (See: Sims, Mass Effect 3)
  2. A game that wasn't made in some committee to appeal to as many people as possible for profit rather than being made by people who want to actually do something well (Notice how the recent God of War did exceptionally well?)
  3. Doesn't slap me in the face with bullshit practices that are intrusive and prey on those who are prone to spend more on microtransactions (Not that they are inherently bad, mind you)
  4. Is actually polished and had QA to ensure it actually works (See; Mass effect andromeda, among other buggy triple A games)

I'm not personally devaluing your rights and wants as a consumer, but large AAA companies take big risks when catering for an audience which is considered a minority in comparison to other large consumer bases like those who buy Call of Duty and other super casual games. This then leads to companies who have the serious manpower to create long and lasting experiences for those who want them, namely single player stories or games with deep mechanics and replayability - often sidetracking and creating something to a true and tried formulae that gets expected results on a fiscal basis.

It's not that they're outright saying people dont want these games, just not the people they're interested in.

Stalkerino

Proton
B A N N E D
Nebulae
i really liked modern games, such as battlefield 3 or 4 or even battlefield bad company 2. when the maker's twitter got asked 'how did bad company 2 turn out so good' they responded with 'we dont know' along with these lines.

TheRobsterDJ

Nucleus
Nebulae
Doom (2014) is a pretty good modern game. The multiplayer isn't the best but if you're playing through the campaign you won't have to worry about getting cinematic cutscenes shoved up your ass here and there, it's a perfect example of what other modern shooters should be doing.

Deleted member 374

jesus christ denton
Nebulae
Doom (2014) is a pretty good modern game. The multiplayer isn't the best but if you're playing through the campaign you won't have to worry about getting cinematic cutscenes shoved up your ass here and there, it's a perfect example of what other modern shooters should be doing.
doom will always have a special place in my heart because it made fun of the whole overly cinematic dragged-out excessive plot sludge that tends to be shoehorned into shooters these days

doomguy just breaks shit and doesn't care about the backstory

Goatson

Guardian
Nebulae
You know what usually happens to successful indie studios?

They end up bought by publishers - like EA or activision. Then you know what happens?
gxR7ACI.png
Reminder that the death of studios often bring life to new ones

Reminder that an old BioWare designer/writer went off on his own to write story for Stellaris, and also started his own indie studio and created Sunless Sea and recently released Cultist Simulator which are both fantastic

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
You know what usually happens to successful indie studios?

They end up bought by publishers - like EA or activision. Then you know what happens?
gxR7ACI.png

I love the Mass Effect trilogy, but then Andromeda came out after all the hype and... It's not bad but it's just...

"Lacking"

It doesn't feel like Mass Effect at all, feels like something very far from its concept, and the fact that people was waiting for a fourth game after the... "ENDING" Mass Effect 3 gave them (honestly, I tried a different ending mod which changes a few things and actually makes it feel better, the original ending is OOF.

EA wasn't good in the past but it's way worse nowadays, now they don't just kill companies but fuck up games badly and apply their SJW requirements to them.

Also speaking of Star Wars, EA may have hurt the saga, but Disney literally killed it. Go watch any of the new movies and then watch the old ones or the other way around and you'll noticed the impact the company had in it. I hate the guts of Disney I swear, they're the fucking worst.