Payday 2 creator Starbreeze/Overkill files for reconstruction + Bo resigns

gigi

Atom
Nebulae
https://www.starbreeze.com/2018/12/...idiaries-have-today-filed-for-reconstruction/
Starbreeze is basically Overkill and vice versa at this point and reconstruction afaik is the Swedish equivalent of administration
they could come back from this but with Bo resigning on top it doesnt give good signs at all to the companys future
figured people would want to know since a few people here, myself included, have quite liked Payday and this threatens the entire franchise staying afloat, game servers included
anyone who makes a needs a payday too joke deserves die

Reactions: List

gigi

Atom
Nebulae
https://variety.com/2018/gaming/news/starbreeze-investigation-1203080739/
tl;dr authorities raided Starbreeze/Overkill and several private residences and someone was arrested in connection to potential insider trading, namely of the outgoing CEO and outgoing finance manager selling all their stock in the company before the price crashed
the outgoing CEO they speak of is most likely Bo as hes reportedly left the country based on Hoxtalicious' latest post and a Reddit post translating an interview with Bo which screams guilt

aperson

Molecule
Nebulae
DtqdNiQW0AAEK6w

fuck me it actually might go under
at least they finished the payday story

fofa

Atom
Nebulae
damn
why did they need to make 'the walking dead'
couldnt they continue the payday series without any problems
rip
honestly makes me kinda said considering the fact that ive poured a lot of hours into payday 2

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
If StarBreeze does collapse, I could easily see the payday ip/ overkill studio being swept up by Paradox.
The DLC structure is right up their alley.