Pepper Spray or Taser?

Larry Gibbons

Proton
Nebulae
So I just qualified with pepper spray today for my Sheriff's Office... I just took a shower and now the whole burn is reactivated... I feel literally dead.

I would rather get tased three times than be pepper sprayed again. This shit is ridiculously painful.

Anyone else got this experience? Any other cops, or criminals get sprayed or tased before? Or anyone else who got the wrong end of the experimentation stick?

Reactions: List

Deleted member 5501

The Civil Authority Grindset
B A N N E D
Nebulae
So I just qualified with pepper spray today for my Sheriff's Office... I just took a shower and now the whole burn is reactivated... I feel literally dead.

I would rather get tased three times than be pepper sprayed again. This shit is ridiculously painful.

Anyone else got this experience? Any other cops, or criminals get sprayed or tased before? Or anyone else who got the wrong end of the experimentation stick?

@Sloth @me I've been CS Sprayed. I shave my hair now.

Roosebud

Molecule
Nebulae
Neither is any good, but for different reasons. Pepper is hell but the feeling of being unable to control yourself with the taser is on another level of discomfort. Went through pepper twice and wouldn't want to wish it on anyone, can't imagine what certain people had to do to build up a threshold against it.

Did taser voluntarily, mandatory qualifications are starting beginning at the end of the year, includes mandatory two-set self experience so that'll be a fun weekend.

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Nebulae
i mean i haven't had either but id rather not potentially have a heart attack from getting tazed

Slöth

TBL
Nebulae
The main reason why people go for pepper spray / CS spray or PAVA is because it has zero medical implications other than pain, you can't go blind, you won't suffer any long term effects other than a quick 20-minute ouchie my eye burny or a possible reactivation later on if it dries up in your hair.

Tasers are a lot more effective at stopping people who are trained to fight through spray or so high on drugs that their pain receptors just don't work, but has a higher risk associated with it. That being heart failures to sudden falls on the ground.

Also, PAVA is 500% more effective that CS Spray anyday, you can hit someone with it up to 15 feet away.

Deleted member 5501

B A N N E D
Nebulae
The main reason why people go for pepper spray / CS spray or PAVA is because it has zero medical implications other than pain, you can't go blind, you won't suffer any long term effects other than a quick 20-minute ouchie my eye burny or a possible reactivation later on if it dries up in your hair.

Tasers are a lot more effective at stopping people who are trained to fight through spray or so high on drugs that their pain receptors just don't work, but has a higher risk associated with it. That being heart failures to sudden falls on the ground.

Taser is best for ABD. Always.

Slöth

TBL
Nebulae
Taser is best for ABD. Always.

For those who don't know what ABD is, it stands for Acute Behavioural disorder. Basiclly our view of "normal violence" is a drunk dude screaming in our face or something like that.

ABD is the abnormal type of violence, say someone who's just jumped off a 5 story building and is running towards us screaming he's going to kill us.

Deleted member 5501

B A N N E D
Nebulae
For those who don't know what ABD is, it stands for Acute Behavioural disorder. Basiclly our view of "normal violence" is a drunk dude screaming in our face or something like that.

ABD is the abnormal type of violence, say someone who's just jumped off a 5 story building and is running towards us screaming he's going to kill us.

We call it Acute Behavioural Disturbance, they renamed it in our force because it sounded more medical otherwise and it was getting misgraded.

Slöth

TBL
Nebulae
We call it Acute Behavioural Disturbance, they renamed it in our force because it sounded more medical otherwise and it was getting misgraded.

It's still considered disorder down here, still taught like that as well.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Got tased in college during a lecture from the local cops where they offered to show you how painful it was.

Worst bit wasn't the pain, it was just having your body fucking crumple from under you and having you go down like a sack of shit.

Gabe

Molecule
Nebulae
if you think pepper spray is bad then try tear gas, I ate an entire smoke cloud a month ago during a riot since the wind was going towards me, not them. But I did feel a pepper spray ones since me and the guys used to do pranks on each other, it wasn't that bad if I am honest

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
if you think pepper spray is bad then try tear gas, I ate an entire smoke cloud a month ago during a riot since the wind was going towards me, not them. But I did feel pepper spray ones since me and the guys used to do pranks on each other, it wasn't that bad if I am honest

D

Deleted member 3818

if you think pepper spray is bad then try tear gas, I ate an entire smoke cloud a month ago during a riot since the wind was going towards me, not them. But I did feel a pepper spray ones since me and the guys used to do pranks on each other, it wasn't that bad if I am honest
I imagine getting teargased is like pulling in smoke from a 10,000 cigarettes all at once, is this accurate?

Larry Gibbons

Proton
Nebulae
Second shower still reactivated the burn. I can feel the oils stuck to my face.