Nebulae
Your Steam Name: dee pixel
Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:94233779

Character Name:
Rickard Pinot - Andrew White - Johnny Diesel
Member of staff who banned your character: unknown
Character/Player who carried out the PK (If known): Cody aka @Raiden

Describe how your character died:
Me, Johnny Diesel and Andrew White surrounded Cody and attempted to bludgeon him into unconsciousness from behind. He roleplayed jumping out of the way and aiming a shotgun at us. We raised our guns to him too, and then he did a /me and s2k'd us. We had no time to write a response.

Why do you believe your PK is invalid?: We believe we had an advantage over Cody, to such an extent that he would not have been able to evade our moves. Now, Cody had been suspicious of us, since we were clearly trying to get him cornered, and I respect the effect that reasonable suspicion and foresight will have on an individual's actions. If you see something coming, you should damn well be able to step out of the way - there is no argument there.

Only, that's the problem: Cody didn't see it coming. The attack came from behind. Now, granted, he did glance around in-game and try not to let us corner him, but two of us had separately attempted to write /me's of hitting him in the head from the back when he had his back turned fully turned and each time he reoriented himself so that he was facing everyone instead. In his response, Raiden dodged and evaded every blow, jumped out of the way, and landed well enough to have his gun trained on all of us. After that, he did a /me of s2king us, giving us no time to write responses even though we also had guns on him.

If Raiden wanted to be suspicious, he should have roleplayed it: /me's of walking away from the group, looking over his shoulder at us and so on. That way, it would have been clear in an IC sense that he was checking his corners, so to speak, and whatever combat ensued would have been performed with that mind. However, this did not happen.

In short, we believe Raiden P2W'd for the sake of his character's life and that our resultant PKs are not valid. At the very least, we think that he would died with us in the ensuing firefight.

Date of occurrence: today 29/1/23
Evidence (screenshots, logs): n/a
Any other parties involved: @Puffin The Muffin (Johnny Diesel) @Mike65536 (Andrew White)
Misc details: We were not intending to kill or mug Cody.

Raiden

cool cat
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Only, that's the problem: Cody didn't see it coming.
Here's the fatal flaw.
*I* did see it coming, it's the reason I never entered the office is because I knew you guys were going to do something the moment my back was turned.

I was watching the guy walk around the entire time as I knew he was up to something. As you admitted, I was making small actions to evade any potential attack. It makes no sense also how someone can just run around me and I wouldn't even be a little suspicious or pre=emptive about this. It was completely obvious what you was trying to do, but I didn't RP as such but I didn't want you lot knowing that I knew what you was up to.

I shot you both point blank range with a shotgun against a glock and a PP-91, given the circumstance of that firefight and the fact that if you eat one shotgun blast you're pretty much dead, I personally favour my chances in that firefight, but that's not the point.

I did give away some inclination in what I was doing based on this response here:

*** [A stocky, middle-aged, clean-shaven m...] creaks open the armory doors. "Fuck if that ain't true, man."
[A stocky, middle-aged, clean-shaven m...] says "Look at this shit, man. Emptyu."
'Cody' says "Sure it is."

Whilst subtle, in thius situation it shows my character actively not engaging with your attempts to draw me into the office and look into the crate because I knew you was attempting to bait me into a situation.

I don't believe I powergamed, I believe I acted within reasonable suspicion having watched your characters move the entire time and knowing what you was up to.

Deleted member 906

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I should mention that after Rickard and his hired goons had spoken to me and raided my kitchen cupboards. On my way out of the Shantytown, with my tail between my legs. I told Cody that Rickard was in the Sheriffs Office with his goons.

Reactions: List

Mike65536

The Motha' Fuckin' Newports.
Nebulae
Here's the fatal flaw.
*I* did see it coming, it's the reason I never entered the office is because I knew you guys were going to do something the moment my back was turned.

I was watching the guy walk around the entire time as I knew he was up to something. As you admitted, I was making small actions to evade any potential attack. It makes no sense also how someone can just run around me and I wouldn't even be a little suspicious or pre=emptive about this. It was completely obvious what you was trying to do, but I didn't RP as such but I didn't want you lot knowing that I knew what you was up to.

I shot you both point blank range with a shotgun against a glock and a PP-91, given the circumstance of that firefight and the fact that if you eat one shotgun blast you're pretty much dead, I personally favour my chances in that firefight, but that's not the point.

I did give away some inclination in what I was doing based on this response here:

*** [A stocky, middle-aged, clean-shaven m...] creaks open the armory doors. "Fuck if that ain't true, man."
[A stocky, middle-aged, clean-shaven m...] says "Look at this shit, man. Emptyu."
'Cody' says "Sure it is."

Whilst subtle, in thius situation it shows my character actively not engaging with your attempts to draw me into the office and look into the crate because I knew you was attempting to bait me into a situation.

I don't believe I powergamed, I believe I acted within reasonable suspicion having watched your characters move the entire time and knowing what you was up to.
My guy, my brother in christ. You are a good rp'er. I like your character. But this is just....empty?

You didn't even react to the two people attempting to bludgeon you. Instead you just 'Jumped' out of the way. Despite being attacked on the metaphorical two fronts. In this instance, no rules for combat were really followed. You didn't really P2L as you didn't rp so much as being clipped. We could have rolled to see the outcome, but instead you jumped away and went to S2K. While others were trying to get out /me's and were talking. (one of which was melee only no less). One would assume, that we were gonna try S2RP. Otherwise, we would have gatted you right there.

Raiden

cool cat
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
My guy, my brother in christ. You are a good rp'er. I like your character. But this is just....empty?

You didn't even react to the two people attempting to bludgeon you. Instead you just 'Jumped' out of the way. Despite being attacked on the metaphorical two fronts. In this instance, no rules for combat were really followed. You didn't really P2L as you didn't rp so much as being clipped. We could have rolled to see the outcome, but instead you jumped away and went to S2K. While others were trying to get out /me's and were talking. (one of which was melee only no less). One would assume, that we were gonna try S2RP. Otherwise, we would have gatted you right there.
I did react, I jumped forward knowing that you lot were trying to gat me. I think it's a "you have to have been there to see it" kinda moment but it was so blantly obvious that you lot was trying to get me. I suppose I could have expressed this better over my /mes but that would give away the fact that I knew what you were up to, so I decided not to. It's hard to RP what my internal thoughts are.

Mike65536

Nebulae
I did react, I jumped forward knowing that you lot were trying to gat me. I think it's a "you have to have been there to see it" kinda moment but it was so blantly obvious that you lot was trying to get me. I suppose I could have expressed this better over my /mes but that would give away the fact that I knew what you were up to, so I decided not to. It's hard to RP what my internal thoughts are.
Imma be honest. I don't care if this PK get's accepted or not. I just wish the RP actually meant more. S2k, especially when you can see people attempting to actually create RP through dialogue and /me's should not the be default. Can I blame ya for going there? No. But I have, for a long time been an advocate for story over winning the game, and S2RP over S2K when not large scale.

Raiden

cool cat
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Imma be honest. I don't care if this PK get's accepted or not. I just wish the RP actually meant more. S2k, especially when you can see people attempting to actually create RP through dialogue and /me's should not the be default. Can I blame ya for going there? No. But I have, for a long time been an advocate for story over winning the game, and S2RP over S2K when not large scale.
That's more of an ethics kinda deal with how you want HL2RP to be, I don't think I broke any rules doing what I did, I'm sorry it ended how it did but that's just how it goes sometimes.

If your guy was being shifty, and our guys were being shifty, then both parties knew something was up. Why do you think we tried to go for the back of your head instead of the front or the side?
I watched your guy sprint round me then plant a /me doming me into the back of the head. In a way I see that as powergaming, as I wasn't allowed to react to the fact that a guy just ran around me and then BOOM /me i knock you out

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
Should've roleplayed it if you want people to know why your character was taking those actions
"I knew" is a flimsy argument. I could know Johnny's gonna punt me down the stairs but if I stand in front of the stairs he'll still punt me

Mike65536

Nebulae
That's more of an ethics kinda deal with how you want HL2RP to be, I don't think I broke any rules doing what I did, I'm sorry it ended how it did but that's just how it goes sometimes.

I watched your guy sprint round me then plant a /me doming me into the back of the head. In a way I see that as powergaming, as I wasn't allowed to react to the fact that a guy just ran around me and then BOOM /me i knock you out
Yes, I went behind you to knock you out. The other text was meant to show how much force was being put into the strike. I still waited for you to react

Raiden

cool cat
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Should've roleplayed it if you want people to know why your character was taking those actions
"I knew" is a flimsy argument. I could know Johnny's gonna punt me down the stairs but if I stand in front of the stairs he'll still punt me
Roleplaying it gives away my characters actual thinking and I precisely did not want them to know that I was up to what their game was
Yes, I went behind you to knock you out. The other text was meant to show how much force was being put into the strike. I still waited for you to react
Yeah but you sprinted behind me and then acted out like you came from nowhere, you did not, I was watching you the entire time

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
Roleplaying it gives away my characters actual thinking and I precisely did not want them to know that I was up to what their game was
Roleplaying on a roleplaying server lets other people know what your character is doing.
Yeah.

Raiden

cool cat
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
my brother in christ, going into S2K during an RP scenario is powergaming when multiple people have guns on you.
they did not have guns on me, they had melee weapons on me, only pulled guns when I pulled mine

east, do not spread misinformation

Puffin The Muffin

Rebel, UM, Cop
Nebulae
Yes - they raised their guns after I raised mine, because they had melee weapons
What are you talking about. Rick literally just pistolwhipped you; he already had his gun out. Diesel was the only one with a melee out.

Mike65536

Nebulae
they did not have guns on me, they had melee weapons on me, only pulled guns when I pulled mine

east, do not spread misinformation
mfw PP-19 was trained on you from the moment you jumped away

Status
Not open for further replies.