Accepted PK Appeal - Rickard Pinot, Andrew White, Johnny Diesel

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreeSpy

Atom
Nebulae
Hi, so, looking at the logs I found a few things interesting

1st.

Rickard Pinot and Andrew White did attack Cody from the back, attempting to hit him in the back to knock him down, so the argument of they had melee weapons does not stand, as they did have guns.

[17:47:38] [ME] Rickard Pinot: promptly tries to bludgeon Cody in the exposed back of his head with the barrel of his pistol.
[17:47:11] [MEC] Andrew White: brought up the PP19, smacking the man in the back of the head with the buttstock with enough force to bring the man down for sure.

2nd.

Cody jumped forward, and raised his shotgun, now my question comes in the form of... Raised his shotgun at what? If he was with his back to them, jumping forward, and this is without minding the two actions in one issue, which I will address, Cody just raised his gun at the wall.

[17:48:12] [ME] 'Cody': had watched him the entire way around knowing he was up to something and jumps forward - raising his shotgun.

The /me in question

This does not even include the fact that Cody turned to them with no /me in what appears to be an active S2RP situation, so, that is also striking powergame to some extent

And additionally, I quote this rule

General Character Rules said:
Face roleplay conflict under P2L rules (play to lose). /roll may be used as long as all parties agree.

That was not followed in this instance. Cody was ambushed, and it should have been played out like so.

3rd.

The instant switch from S2RP to S2K

While S2RP is not the main method of conflict, it is a way of conflict, that can be initiated in RP. This does not mean S2K can be initiated, unless it is agreed upon, and in this case, it appears it was not.

It was a /me, and then the same second instantly attacking with the shotgun, which is a clear and cut case of powergaming, as the modes of combat are being switched without the general agreement of both parties. This should have been agreed upon by both parties, and it would not have hurt to have a neutral party to declare start, in the form of an overseeing staff.

While I am not able to issue a verdict, a re-do if all parties agree, or a void is best used here

Reactions: List

Raiden

cool cat
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Cody jumped forward, and raised his shotgun, now my question comes in the form of... Raised his shotgun at what? If he was with his back to them, jumping forward, and this is without minding the two actions in one issue, which I will address, Cody just raised his gun at the wall.
you can jump forward while turning.

That was not followed in this instance. Cody was ambushed, and it should have been played out like so.
only work if the person going into said ambush didnt know they were about to get ambushed? I think the fact that I knew this was going to happen and showed in my movements that I was constantly watching them all the time was part of me watching them, getting ready to retaliate

just because I paused to say something doesnt mean I suddenly freeze and stare into the abyss whilst my brain waits to process something, i was constantly moving to watch them, not being distracted by anything they were saying, it makes no sense that he can just banzai around me, wait until im typing something, and then suddenly whip out something and hit me over the head with it

i dont think thats particularly fair

Raiden

cool cat
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
It was a /me, and then the same second instantly attacking with the shotgun, which is a clear and cut case of powergaming, as the modes of combat are being switched without the general agreement of both parties. This should have been agreed upon by both parties, and it would not have hurt to have a neutral party to declare start, in the form of an overseeing staff.
This was a miscommunication issue, and I think a bit of confusion with the rules. as I have previously before been s2k#d in a scenario i thought was s2rp but was not - I refer to my PK appeal previously

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
I'm waiting for you to do something so I can react, which you did do I reacted. Maybe it wouldnt get away with the hit straight awai, but I wouldnt be le knocked out instantly from it either, because I was pre-emptive of the strike.

I jumped away as soon as you swung, unless you're telling me the ranch works in a hivemind and can swing at the exact time time as each other, i only need to move out of the way of your swing by just, yk, jumping forward, and then i wouldnt be in harms away against the rest
you played to win though, unequivocally
the only narrative you fed was your own

Reactions: List

Raiden

cool cat
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
you played to win though, unequivocally
the only narrative you fed was your own
i didnt play to win i acted according to what I was doing the entire time, which was watching him sprint around me and then spring up a "surprise attack" whilst I was typing

FreeSpy

Atom
Nebulae
Alright

So, after some consulting with Jaggles and the involved parties in regards to a re-do, I have reached a verdict.

Switching types of combat should not be done unless agreed upon or unless staff deems it appropriate, and with the appropriate measures taken to ensure it remains within common sense and fair.

When in doubt, ask for staff.

This will be marked as accepted, with a void and re-fund for the dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.