Playtest - Day 2 feedback

Deleted member 442

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Something called quality of life. You cannot live in paranoia of minges for every single thing. You start with 5k, that's enough for a gun and ammo, nothing stopping them from shooting everyone with your logic. Hell, nothing stopping them from walking to a market and getting a lockpick and doing what you're saying. There needs to be a balance.

just go buy a lockpick. or call a taxi. or call a friend for a ride. or ask on twatter for a ride. or rent a car. or snag a bicycle. walk. i don't have an issue with people stealing cars, i have an issue with people being able to just yank them without having to put any effort into stealing them besides hitting F. you talk about balance, but being able to just pull locals out of cars and get a free car with zero effort or real risk of being caught in the act is the complete opposite of balanced. there is zero risk in what you want and all the reward.

this isn't a paranoia of minges, it's the reality of a public roleplaying server. there's going to be shitlords, there's going to be a fair bit of them, i see it day in and day out.

there should be a barrier to buying a gun from a gunstore too, like a license either issued by an NPC for probably the same amount as your starting cash, or cheaper from an actual cop or judge who might ask you some things about gun ownership and self-defense or something.

I want to hit Y so I can continue gaming during a playtest
it is a playtest i wanted to be able to just get somewhere

okay, so roleplay your way to where you want to go. it's still an rp server even if it's a playtest. buy a lockpick, playtest the mechanic, playtest stealing cars. or call someone, interact with them and get them to give you a ride.

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
> Call a taxi
> Go to location
> Refuse to pay for taxi @Nathant18
> Steal taxi
> become taxi job
> get a customer
> its the man you stole the taxi from
> Taxi drivers chase after me
> "mfw no taxi drivers - more at 6"
> get caught by taxi drivers
> taxi driver accidentally runs over other taxi driver
> get bat beaten by taxi driver
> taxi driver takes you to hospital but also calls police
> no police available
> medics patch you up
> police finally come, taxi driver gets arrested for assault
> beat up taxi driver and cop anyway
> get shanked in the back by NFT man
> get patched up again
> talk lawyers to the local elvis looking police man
> beat him up as he leaves

> spend the rest of the time trying to figure out how the waste disposal job works

great day, first time playing and I've really enjoyed it.
So you're the reason I had to walk back and forth from the nearest bank to the news station for twenty minutes.

just go buy a lockpick.
This implies walking a long way first.

or call a taxi.
This implies that there are available taxi drivers, which isn't guaranteed.

or call a friend for a ride
This implies you have a friend.

or ask on twatter for a ride.
I did this, twice actually, and nothing occurred. It's not a guarantee.

or rent a car.
You have to walk to the car rental.

or snag a bicycle.
I didn't see a single bicycle during the entire playtest.

i don't have an issue with people stealing cars, i have an issue with people being able to just yank them without having to put any effort into stealing them besides hitting F. you talk about balance, but being able to just pull locals out of cars and get a free car with zero effort or real risk of being caught in the act is the complete opposite of balanced. there is zero risk in what you want and all the reward.
I bought a knife and proceeded to spend the first half hour of the test today repeatedly stopping and murdering locals in cars trying to get one. I literally never succeeded until someone else came along. There is a big difference between "just yanking them out of their car" and "I killed 10-15 people for their cars on an intersection and didn't get ANYTHING."

this isn't a paranoia of minges, it's the reality of a public roleplaying server. there's going to be shitlords, there's going to be a fair bit of them, i see it day in and day out.
may i introduce you to the concept of an admin team

Like I get where you're coming from for a lot of this, but it's really just tedious and boring and literally slows the entire gameplay down. This is supposed to be fun and free-spirited, and instead it's literally a walking simulator.

Reactions: List

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
So you're the reason I had to walk back and forth from the nearest bank to the news station for twenty minutes.

I bought a knife and proceeded to spend the first half hour of the test today repeatedly stopping and murdering locals in cars trying to get one. I literally never succeeded until someone else came along. There is a big difference between "just yanking them out of their car" and "I killed 10-15 people for their cars on an intersection and didn't get ANYTHING."

Like I get where you're coming from for a lot of this, but it's really just tedious and boring and literally slows the entire gameplay down. This is supposed to be fun and free-spirited, and instead it's literally a walking simulator.
keep in mind this is a limited, select number of interested people

pillbox medical is always a hot spot for player activity if you need a quick ride

boots

spooky skellys
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

I get your concerns but I heavily despise servers who let you just being able to drive a car after throwing an NPC out of it. Yeah it's more realistic but the gameplay mechanics and lockpicking are more fun. It encourages players to have pre-requisites if they want to try steal a car.

Just make it so that players get a starter car which is really shit, in the long run it's good for the longetivity of the server and it encourages players to be more friendly to people who drive it as it brands them as a new player. Make rules so that they can't be targetted and such, encourage a positive community.

We got lucky and managed to get a car that didn't need lockpicking so it was easy for us to get to the hardware store. Maybe make it 1/10 times you don't need to start the engine, you can just drive it. Maybe when you throw NPCs out of the car it alerts the cops or something.

Give players starter cars (the shittiest one available, maxes out at 30km/h, turn rates are shit, and have a garage at the motel. I think that would be a good idea.

Andrew

Atom
Nebulae
I get your concerns but I heavily despise servers who let you just being able to drive a car after throwing an NPC out of it. Yeah it's more realistic but the gameplay mechanics and lockpicking are more fun. It encourages players to have pre-requisites if they want to try steal a car.

Just make it so that players get a starter car which is really shit, in the long run it's good for the longetivity of the server and it encourages players to be more friendly to people who drive it as it brands them as a new player. Make rules so that they can't be targetted and such, encourage a positive community.
you do get a free starter car, the robin
where is it i want one

Deleted member 442

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae

So walk if you can't find a ride lmao, it doesn't take that long to run to some of these places. Be more persistent in asking for rides. Maybe someone will see you running and offer a ride. Make friends, this is a roleplay server after all (getting rides from stranger is a good way to do this!!!!!!). Things shouldn't just be freely handed to you simply because you are mildly inconvenienced. Being able to just easily and freely get a car right after walking out of the projects like that is incredibly cringe.

boots

spooky skellys
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
So walk if you can't find a ride lmao, it doesn't take that long to run to some of these places. Be more persistent in asking for rides. Maybe someone will see you running and offer a ride. Make friends, this is a roleplay server after all (getting rides from stranger is a good way to do this!!!!!!). Things shouldn't just be freely handed to you simply because you are mildly inconvenienced. Being able to just easily and freely get a car right after walking out of the projects like that is incredibly cringe.
I get the sentiment but I also hate joining on a server where it's impossible to get a car and just have to beg for rides (most of the time you get mugged or killed) or you just have to run for the first 3 hours in the game.

Starter car and garage at motel quick fix though <3

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Locals should drop their car keys if killed, and police should be notified of carjackings and murders like that, if I'm murdering people for their car, that should be risk enough. I'm not going to continue talking over something that is just exceptionally boring.

Deleted member 442

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I get the sentiment but I also hate joining on a server where it's impossible to get a car and just have to beg for rides (most of the time you get mugged or killed) or you just have to run for the first 3 hours in the game.

Starter car and garage at motel quick fix though <3

I'm pretty sure there's a rental dude just a short jog from the starter apartments. I don't consider that all too prohibitive, especially since the Reliant Robin is like $450 or something.

On NP, at least on the public side, there was a random chance on character creation to get different things, like a little extra money, or a random shitty vehicle, or a bicycle, and it might be cool to have that but IDK. Maybe not a car, but a starting bicycle would be much more preferable to me.

People asking others for rides tho at least drives some level of dialogue and interaction that otherwise wouldn't be happening (especially since some of these jobs feel way too rewarding for how easily solo'd they are), and the more interaction and dialogue that's encouraged the better imho.

Locals should drop their car keys if killed, and police should be notified of carjackings and murders like that, if I'm murdering people for their car, that should be risk enough. I'm not going to continue talking over something that is just exceptionally boring.

just lockpick it lmao they're cheap. it'll actually give the pd some amount of time to respond to those shots fired instead of just grabbing and going half way across the city before the PD has even showed up to the call.

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
We've decided that Day 3 will be an open playtest, for anyone that didn't sign up in time, didn't have a forum account or whatever reason.

Those of you that have already participated and signed up, you will remain whitelisted for any future closed test and/or launch.

NightLock

LightKey's Evil twin
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
We've decided that Day 3 will be an open playtest, for anyone that didn't sign up in time, didn't have a forum account or whatever reason.

Those of you that have already participated and signed up, you will remain whitelisted for any future closed test and/or launch.
Can’t wait for the next round of testing/launch! I’m going to ask in the morning if anything has changed regarding works manpower issue, besides that just going to be so fuckin cool

Pollux

Nerd
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
As someone who hasn't really played much GTA RP, some things aren't too intuitive and I found myself constantly looking up keybinds to figure out how to do things. Overall it'd be nice if there was more feedback, such as displaying the key to start a car when you get in or showing that it has to be lockpicked in order to start it (I thought stealing cars were bugged at first until I saw you needed a lockpick in a thread). The indicators for jobs can also be a bit hard to find, especially for the garbage job where I ended up missing one and I had to restart the job as the next location indicator didn't show up. Something like a little arrow that points you in the right direction might work well or maybe just showing the icons from further away?

I'm sure a lot of this is planned anyway, it's just the only major point I could think of from today. The base is quite nice, I think it just needs a bit of polish and it'll be great. I also love the reliant, never thought flipping over every turn would actually be fun. Please keep it.

Nathant18

Blue Ball
HL2 RP Server Director
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
> Call a taxi
> Go to location
> Refuse to pay for taxi @Nathant18
> Steal taxi
> become taxi job
> get a customer
> its the man you stole the taxi from
> Taxi drivers chase after me
> "mfw no taxi drivers - more at 6"
> get caught by taxi drivers
> taxi driver accidentally runs over other taxi driver
> get bat beaten by taxi driver
> taxi driver takes you to hospital but also calls police
> no police available
> medics patch you up
> police finally come, taxi driver gets arrested for assault
> beat up taxi driver and cop anyway
> get shanked in the back by NFT man
> get patched up again
> talk lawyers to the local elvis looking police man
> beat him up as he leaves

> spend the rest of the time trying to figure out how the waste disposal job works

great day, first time playing and I've really enjoyed it.
Me getting arrested by @alex after delivering my vigilante justice to you was what spurred @Gary to distract him in the hospital while I stole his police car and become a true vigilante crime fighting duo, though whoever was driving that red sports car that shit is OP as fuck I couldn't catch you

Those 3 hours flew by and was a lot of fun

Last edited:

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I found it hilarious when the guy in the stolen red supercar pulled up to the guy in the stolen copcar and started bragging about him not trying to chase him